Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post match. Lions swamp Pies - All comments.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 10:56 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

When you add everything up this is one of our darkest days in a very long time.

If Beams and Cloke have serious knee injuries then next year is just about Ł$%$ed already.

warburton lad 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 11:00 pm

I have zero faith in Doc Larkins.

Cloke an ankle. Back for day one of preseason.

Beams was the classic hyper extension- back in six weeks, for preseason.

Stress less folks.

qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 11:01 pm

Defender wrote:
qldmagpie67 wrote:
Heater_39 wrote:
Doc Larkins reporting almost certainly ACL's to both Dayne Beams and Travis Cloke.

Cloke is a ankle
Beams is being reported as possible ACL due to hyper extension scans tomorrow

Looked like a knee to me, hope you're right though.

Me too mate radio up here said Cloke was ankle but everyone down there is saying knee on here I hope I right
Beams is the real worry looks like ACL if that's the case he will miss 7-9 months so would be march to may come back under normal circumstances. Lets all pray it's one of those hyper extensions that just stretches the ligament and needs rest only.
This season is over so he could have a good rest now before doing a pre season
GoWoodsmen 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 11:02 pm

Breadcrawl wrote:
I told you all we'd tank. I told you at the start of the season that if we weren't placed well for a tilt at the flag that we'd tank for a spot in an easier group fixture wise and a higher draft pick.

I hope and pray sanity prevails and we remember that we are not Richmond or St Kilda and do not throw out coaches every couple of years so that we can kid ourselves we have a strong culture.

That's a pissweak culture. That's not us.

No matter how much you want to make it us, it isn't us. You should just quit.

Well you're too clever by half. We can't fall low enough to get an easier fixture since the ladder is now grouped in three lots of six. Nice try though.

The absolute tripe some of you are dishing out tonight is disgusting. I'm not saying things are rosy but FFS has a team in history lost as many important players prior to half time like we did tonight?

If it's happened I've never heard of it. We fought a little bit in the last quarter - and that with a guy who was playing his second game of the day.

I tip my hat to you Mr Armstrong. Sheer guts... and somehow you managed to still get 17 touches and do it at 88% efficiency. Bloody unbelievable and worth a round of applause.

That's about the only positive I can take from this game - apart from getting more game time into our youngsters.

Nuff said

qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 11:03 pm

warburton lad wrote:

Stress less folks.

Oh wise warburton I sincerely hope you are correct.
I tried calling Dayne's dad but his phone is off
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 11:03 pm

Sinclair did pretty well for his first game back.
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 11:04 pm

warburton lad wrote:

Stress less folks.
That's nice. I have a very high credit score.
collie dog 

RIP Shelby 11-10-13

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 11:04 pm

I'd love to know what the fan having the heated conversation with Eddie was saying after the game.
collie dog 

RIP Shelby 11-10-13

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 11:06 pm

Bucks looks absolutely shellshocked at his presser. But don't worry he'll find a way to spin out of trouble.
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 11:07 pm

McMonkey wrote:
Horrible, horrible night.

Losing Elliot, Pendles, Cloke, Beams and Reid hurts.

However all 5 played last week and guess what? we got flogged by 10 goals then too.

The results speak for themselves, this club is going backwards, fast.

The reserves win today was a great result, thankfully we still have some talent around the club but sadly our coaching staff are not up to it, and again the results prove it. Why is it that the opposition always manages to find men loose all over the ground as soon as they bring the ball out of our forward 50? This has happened ever since Buckley took over, if teams break our offensive zone, bang, certain goal.

I love Buckley as much as anyone but letting loyalty/admiration for someone can't overide results and logic. He has taken us backwards in a big way.

Our player management has also been abysmal, too many players getting injured at training, getting re-injured or not making it back well after they should.

Our club needs a massive overhaul. McGuire will no doubt hold firm around Buckley without the guts to sack him and remove himself while he is at it. So rather than making 'culture' and players like Shaw and Thomas the scapegoats, this year it has to be the coaches and fitness staff that are singled out and moved on.

Good post. Total insipid performance from a team not interested in being out there. Not surprising since if you show any individual flair you soon get shipped out, to be replaced by some mature age hack who can't get a game with another club. Interesting that Steve Johnson at Geelong gets continually criticized by his coach Chris Scott but they always kiss and make up after the game and Steve Johnson is one of the first picked players at Geelong. Not so if you're Heath Shaw and you're mauled by Monfries in an Elimination final by being dragged back to the goal square where you don't clearly want to be and your coach says wherever Monfries go you go. That pretty well summaries Buckley's coaching so is it any wonder why players don't want to be out there. But lets pretend that none of this is Buckley's fault and it's all the result of injuries and youthful inexperience. This might even turn turn out well if we manage to get Darcy Moore with a second round draft pick. Can't wait next year to see Darcy Moore playing as the second ruck, replacing Jessie White who played second ruck this year, who replaced Quintin Lynch who played second ruck last year.
collie dog 

RIP Shelby 11-10-13

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 11:09 pm

GoWoodsmen wrote:

I tip my hat to you Mr Armstrong. Sheer guts... and somehow you managed to still get 17 touches and do it at 88% efficiency. Bloody unbelievable and worth a round of applause.

Hear hear! I have underestimated Armstrong. His performance in playing two games today was simply heroic. If this was the Battle of the Somme (injury wise) then he deserved a VC. Well done Tony Armstrong. A bright light in a very dark night. Very Happy

The_Staunton Virgo

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 11:10 pm

collie dog wrote:
Bucks looks absolutely shellshocked at his presser. But don't worry he'll find a way to spin out of trouble.

Probably say we just got nutted at the clearances

slangman 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 11:10 pm

I think the biggest problem for the club is the amount of supporters losing interest.
Less supporters = less sponsorship.....and considering we are a club that's all about money, the hard decisions might be made for the sake of the mighty $$$$$

piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 11:23 pm

GoWoodsmen wrote:
The absolute tripe some of you are dishing out tonight is disgusting. I'm not saying things are rosy but FFS has a team in history lost as many important players prior to half time like we did tonight?

If it's happened I've never heard of it. We fought a little bit in the last quarter - and that with a guy who was playing his second game of the day.

That's about the only positive I can take from this game - apart from getting more game time into our youngsters.

Nuff said

Nothing much to add to that.
That fact that Mr Armstrong had to even play, is indicative of the ineptitude of the fitness staff and their sheer idiocy in not holding a player back for these situations. For that alone, that St.Kilda retard should be terminated.
Welcome back Ben Sinclair, you will be better for the run.

Blair, McTagger, O'Brien and Fasolo can all find new homes in 2015.
Four senior player who give us nothing but half arsed efforts week after week, and showed no leadership tonight as Brisbane's 2nd rate hacks found them out for the list cloggers they are.
Heath Shaw would have been going off his f*cking head in the last few weeks with the amount of time the ball keeps coming back inside D50.

Anybody have flashbacks to that night at MCG 2007 when Brisbane [again with nothing to play for] wiped their arse with us by about 15 goals, with that retard Brennan kicking like 8.7 off his own boot?

Oh, and Lappin, throw yourself under the team bus.

Dyso
AnthonyC Aquarius

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 11:34 pm

Shit that was bad.

I am gutted.

Anyone who thinks that the coach has anything do with that loss hasn't a clue.

We were simply crap.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 3 of 11   

Jump to: