Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Harry O

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rand corp 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:42 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Wishing Harry all the very best

He has so many people out there that love and respect him and will be reaching out to him right now.
laird 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:55 am

MOTR wrote:
Many of us have had to fight depression at some point in our lives. Imagine having to fight it in the public spotlight. All the best Harry. You have not lost an ounce of respect from me.

Or alone with no support or means whatsoever.

All the best Harry!

The Weed 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 12:01 pm

Cant wait to see Slobbo's apology on 360 tonight.
Lazza 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 12:13 pm

MOTR wrote:
Many of us have had to fight depression at some point in our lives. Imagine having to fight it in the public spotlight. All the best Harry. You have not lost an ounce of respect from me.

Could not have put it any better myself.

It REALLY concerns me that even after so much education and publicity; some posters here have NFI about how depression affects a person, usually for life on anti depressants.

Some posters here are just like the very people in the media they hate, who punch hard first and ask the questions later…. Rolling Eyes
Brenny 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 12:13 pm

watt price tully wrote:
It takes balls to say it. It's really quite immature to use that as a nick name let alone sexist or is it casual homophobia Confused

More to the point however, isn't this year the year "we" are having a gay friendly round or some such thing? That should locate the context & the use of such a stupid nickname.

Yes boys will be boys but do boys always have to be stupid - especially in a group setting?

I can see how it is a joke etc & that there are bigger issues to fry but Harry obviously thought this reflected a real lack of awareness & sensitivity. He was right. Being right however & the manner in which one expresses this can be diabolical in a group setting.

That bold part is what I haven't known how to express all morning.

Whilst I feel for harry and hope he gets through it, god knows he has seen things I can't imagine, I know I cant use my anxiety as an excuse to come into work and abuse andybody, I'd be fired.

From all of this, the bigger picture is I hope Harry gets the help he needs and try and lead a normal life. It's hard and can be bloody expensive,

Good luck fella!

I know with myself it took me going off the deep end at people close to me before I realised something was wrong. So I can see how it can be very hard for Harry. The hardest part is admitting it and then getting the help you need.

@rand corp
I still dislike the bloke, but doesn't mean I can't wish him the best and hope he gets the help he needs. I'd never wish illhealth on anybody. Especially something like this.
King Malta Leo

RIP Flip

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 12:20 pm

Well you must work for a very insensitive employer then my friend. Most companies nowadays will work with those in their workforce experiencing issues and try to help them through them, rather than firing them.

I've seen some pretty epic meltdowns where I work, and in my experience the company I work for has always stood behind those individuals and offered them whatever support was necessary.
Stupied 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 12:25 pm

Brenny wrote:
watt price tully wrote:
It takes balls to say it. It's really quite immature to use that as a nick name let alone sexist or is it casual homophobia Confused

More to the point however, isn't this year the year "we" are having a gay friendly round or some such thing? That should locate the context & the use of such a stupid nickname.

Yes boys will be boys but do boys always have to be stupid - especially in a group setting?

I can see how it is a joke etc & that there are bigger issues to fry but Harry obviously thought this reflected a real lack of awareness & sensitivity. He was right. Being right however & the manner in which one expresses this can be diabolical in a group setting.

That bold part is what I haven't known how to express all morning.

Whilst I feel for harry and hope he gets through it, god knows he has seen things I can't imagine, I know I cant use my anxiety as an excuse to come into work and abuse andybody, I'd be fired.

From all of this, the bigger picture is I hope Harry gets the help he needs and try and lead a normal life. It's hard and can be bloody expensive,

Good luck fella!

I know with myself it took me going off the deep end at people close to me before I realised something was wrong. So I can see how it can be very hard for Harry. The hardest part is admitting it and then getting the help you need.

@rand corp
I still dislike the bloke, but doesn't mean I can't wish him the best and hope he gets the help he needs. I'd never wish illhealth on anybody. Especially something like this.

Well said Brenny, you have summed up my feelings on this.
King Monkey 

Location: On a journey to seek the scriptures of enlightenment....

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 12:28 pm

Again, an extremely difficult issue brilliantly handled by the Collingwood Football Club.
(The club is getting too good at this for mine......Confused )

Assuming we are taking the universally accepted turn of events in the team meeting and afterwards to be gospel (sounds legit to me) - one would hope for the sake of keeping team unity & discipline in tact, the way Harry handled himself should be condemned as a poor example of behaviour from a leader of the club.
No matter what the past has held for an individual, it would be extremely rare to be able to blow up at your boss/bosses and hold your position without consequences. Standards still need to be be upheld. A football team still needs to function.

BUT, once that point has been made, time to support a teammate/mate/colleague/player going through some issues, and not hold his blow up against him going forward.

Good luck with your Demons Harry.
Good luck to everyone else in the world with your own Demons too, that don't have the capacity to be so public about them, and who don't have this outpouring of goodwill & support to help you through.

Oh you are a dee-mon, I love to fiiight."
Brenny 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 12:31 pm

King Malta wrote:
Well you must work for a very insensitive employer then my friend. Most companies nowadays will work with those in their workforce experiencing issues and try to help them through them, rather than firing them.

I've seen some pretty epic meltdowns where I work, and in my experience the company I work for has always stood behind those individuals and offered them whatever support was necessary.

Ok fired was a bit extreem.

And yes you're right the employeer does help. I have seen some great explosions. Only last week.

But I've also seen people get fired for less.

It's all on the table now, so Harry will be fine. It's a learning curve for everybody.
On the March 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 12:51 pm

Despite everything there are some very sick people out there. Read the comments here. I have written to the Herald Sun registering my disgust -

http://blogs.news.com.au/heraldsun/theperch/index.php/heraldsun/comments/bless_you_harry_obrien/#commentsmore
Flashman 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 1:10 pm

On the March wrote:
Despite everything there are some very sick people out there. Read the comments here. I have written to the Herald Sun registering my disgust -

http://blogs.news.com.au/heraldsun/theperch/index.php/heraldsun/comments/bless_you_harry_obrien/#commentsmore

People make stupid comments like this so they can feel edgy and tough to themselves. Wait until they have a friend or loved one with issues like this and it'd hit them in the face how pathetic and ignorant their comments are.

I'm glad Harry has brought this into the open as I was certain that what was reported as churlish and arrogant behaviour by him was completely out of character and there had to be a greater underlying reason for what happened. And of course there was.

Kudos to Bux and the club for their classy and sensitive handling of the issue and good luck to Harry O'Brien in your battle ahead mate. I hope your out on the field and blitzing again soon.
crass 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 1:12 pm

am side by side with Harry...
depression / anxiety has been my unwanted companion for a long time... I am now on the up...
with the right support he'll come through it and be an even stronger person.

some love, support and understanding from some of the 'faithful' would be good...

Beast 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 1:19 pm

Poor Harry IF what he's saying is true.

But none of that excuses his woeful behaviour towards those who care about him.
September Zeros 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 1:34 pm

Club handling it very well. And given what Harry has had to say and what he is going through I think he can be excused for reacting which ever way he sees fit, its then up to the rest of us to accept him and understand him and take a hit from him now and then.

Let it be yet another lesson for those who are consistently quick to judge players, coaches and ppl in general without all the facts.

Sound like the club will work through this more smoothly than some on here will.

They used to be a happy team at hawthorn.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 1:42 pm

TK wrote:
I felt as sick as I ever have yesterday with the now closed opinion poll of Harry thread on this site.

I hope all of you that hung, drawn and quartered him in that post and other posts get on his twitter page, FB page or in person and officially apologize to him. You were brave enough to have a hit at this bloke under you anonymity which makes people 100 times tougher, now have the guts to apologize.

It was complete gutter trash that was written on this site. Some of the shit that has been on here lately is as bad as the media, I have enjoyed this site for many years and understand it is an opinion based site but the crap that has been written this year has been nothing short of embarrassing.

Maybe you all take a step back now and think before you write and judge. I applaud those on here that have been standing up and supporting our great club.

I wish Harry the best of luck in his very personal battle, one that is the darkest place anyone can be. It is scary that a single action is in your power to end the pain and that action can have so many ramifications on loved ones around you. When the will to fight is gone and desperation takes over to cause complete loss of control of your life is the most serious point and I feel Haz has reached it and we now need to reach out to him.

Good Luck Harry, keep fighting the demons buddy - be strong.

Well said!

For some reason this quote was removed from my earlier post

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 3 of 14   

Jump to: