Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Who kicked the best ever goal for CFC

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
London Dave Aquarius

Ješte jedna pivo prosím

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2001 3:35 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd probavly go for Daics' first in the 90 GF. We needed something special and the man did the job. Reckon I had triplets when I saw that.

Plenty of the others mentioned have bought back a few memories too.

I recall a few others, in no particular order
Ross Brewer snapping one over his head in a semi final v the Roys in about 81. We were 10 points down deep into time on, and Daics snagged one, the Brewer. Bloody brilliant.

Butch Edwards booting a 900 metre torp (well, at least 850 metres) v Geelong (I think) at Vic Park around 79/80

Some of Rene Kinks after bursting thru a pack were pretty cool too

The McGuane 400 bounces was a beauty. I went to the game with a few pies mates and two carlton blokes. One of them spent the whole trip in bagging Mick, and did we tell him about it after he slotted that one home!

Next most important goal........

the one that seals the 2002 GF for us, who'll kick it????

Dgen 

Nick's BB Member #43

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2001 9:12 am

Daics v WCE 90 for me. I was sitting at t'other end of the ground (where sumich missed his shot from). Anthony in 1997 is also a fav and McGuanes bounces. I also have memories of Daicos torps from long distances that really got the crowd pumped.

B&W Phantom - Outstanding idea on the compilation video (or DVD). I have my money ready and waiting.

Premiers - 020310171927282930353653589003
Cyclops 

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2001 9:41 am

Oh Daicos Daicos Daicos, we will never see his like again.

I remember a game, I think it was at Waverly in 92 vs Hawthorn. Morrissey was on Daics (a pair of 35's) and the Freak really flogged him all day...except Daicos kicked 5! There were snaps and a banana, and the last was a joke. Daics led to about 60 metres out. Morrissey gave it up (must've figured he was no chance). Uh oh! He just loaded up a massive torp and it sailed through half post high. We lost the game, but it remains a favourite memory.

MarkT 

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2001 4:48 am

Why do I keep hearing bloody Barabara Streisand (sp?) in the background:
Memories......

Anyway, noone mentioned Josh against Port this season. Probably not the "greatest of all time" but damn good reaction and nerve, in a pressure situation and a glimpse of things to come.

[This message has been edited by MarkT (edited 19 October 2001).]
DaicosForever 

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2001 11:37 am

I was sitting right behind the Goals on a sunny day out at artic park and was witness to a goal that will go to my grave with me.
It will only become more legend as the years go by and as I continue to embelish the facts somewhat...understandably.
But Daic's checkside goal in the left forward pocket on his right boot sailing through in a tight pressured win at all costs game has been a cornerstone in my madness for this footy club.
There will never be another Daicos...U can have your Ablett...U can have ur Jarman...give me Daic's anyday and I'll show you magic.

Louis

B&W Phantom 

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2001 4:16 pm

WOW I never thought that this post would generate such passion and memories. I will add just one more memorie to the countless others that are on this board.

2001 we get two gun recruits by the name of Clement and Molloy. In the last quarter against ST KIlda this year i witnessed two goals within quick succession that I thought were absolutely fab.

Clement about 65-70m out, plays on and lets on roost, i have watched this goal time and time again and the only audible word that leaves my lips is Holy SH#T.

Then while catching my breath Molloy 40 or so out receives ball turns to find he has an opponent directly in front of him, he pivots on one foot, off one step drills the ball home.

PLEASE, PLEASE collingwood Football Club or AFL make up a tape of just great Goals by the CFC. After all the posts i have read off this board it would be a guaranteed best seller.
Fantastic guys, if they did bring out a tape like this it would have to be about 10 hrs long(and i would watch every min of it over and over and over and over)

GO PIES!!!

Brown26 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2001 5:16 am

Louis, was that game against St Kilda? Cause Daics put through an incredible goal, from a ruck tap I think, dead tied up on the boundary, managed to slip out and thread a bouncing one through off the inside of his right boot. Middle of the last quarter, put us up by 2 or something like less than a kick.

Pies for Premiers 2002, 3, 4, 5, 6....
Dgen 

Nick's BB Member #43

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2001 5:23 am

Not the best but still good:

My memory is a bit vague on this one, Buckley from a kick-in at the Gabba. I think he kicked it to Wilo who ran on to kick a goal. It took 13 seconds from kick-in to goal. (feel free to correct these details, I'm sure we know which one I mean.

There was one at Vic Park where Monkhurst tapped a centre bounce to a running Buckley who (I think) took one bounce and put it through.

I wish we could see some of the goals that Nuts kicked!

Premiers - 020310171927282930353653589003
foxy Sagittarius

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2001 6:48 am

one of my favourite goals ever was against richmond, early in '97 or '98. we absolutely killed them in the first quarter, the score was like 48 to 3. then in the second quarter, a richmond player booted it long into their forward line, mal michael punched it about 45 metres, straight into the arms of graham wright (i think), who kicked it on to shane watson, who ran about 30 metres and slotted it. i LOVE that goal.

and, in the same game, monky did one of the greatest centre hit-outs of all time, perfectly guided into the hands of alex mcdonald, who handballed it off to crosisca, who ran and slotted it through from 55. BEAUTIFUL!!!

MarkT 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2001 11:15 am

Shane Watson?
you would have to remember it if you saw Watto kick a blinder. Did he get knocked out in that game? Poor bloke got knocked more than Alan Richardson.

Harrysz 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2001 1:51 pm

The best goal I ever saw from a Collingwood player ocurred in 1966 at the
MCG.
Collingwood played Richmond. Len Thompson got the centre knockout towards
Colin Tully on the wing. Tully picked the ball up, ran to the centre square
and did a DROP KICK. The ball sailed through for a goal, from the CENTRE of
the MCG. Amazing! Even Jack Dyer was impressed.
Harrysz

The Zapper 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2001 3:12 pm

Where do you start...so many to choose from but here goes

1 Daics vs WCE QF 1990 (easily the best I've ever seen)
2 McGuane v Carlton 1994
3 Scotty Russell's pinched goal in the 2nd semi 1990
4 Peter Mckenna's drop punt shot from the social club pocket against hawthorn 1972 (I think)
5 Daics booting a monster torp against melb at Vic park in 1984
6 Daics's first goal in the GF
7 Daics seconf goal in the GF
etc etc etc.....

One point I need to mention. The goal that released all my emotion was Dougie Barwick's in the 1990 GF. At that point I knew we were premiers. I never felt such a buzz as I did with that one...still gets my hair standing up watching it now...

Rowdy26 

chomp - new strawberry!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2001 5:58 pm

...but MarkT,

Watson unloaded with one of the best hip and shoulders i've ever seen when he polaxed Paul Salmon when he was playing with Essenscum a few years back! It was Maaaaaaaagnificent!!!!!

ooooooooooooo-OOOOH, WAT-SON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sorry it wasnt a goal so prob doesnt belong in this thread but the memories came flooding back reading MarkT's post.

MarkT 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2001 1:18 am

Rowdy, I think I have a vague recolection of something like that. Good to see Wato get one back. I think he still owes a couple of those hip & shoulders though.

Lockyer24 Capricorn

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2001 3:25 am

Daicos' goal in the 90 QF Draw, by an absolute mile, that kind of goal has never been done before him and never probably will..checkside, on the full, from the wrong pocket!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5   

Jump to: