Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

George Pell shows why he wont make Pope

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
David Libra

to wish impossible things

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 3:18 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

sherriffe
just as fundamentalist christians take their roots from mainstream christianity, surely so do fundamentalist muslims from mainstream islam. In both cases, the majority of the devotees of these faiths do not agree with the fundamentalists, but the extremists still take their views loosely from the original religion. Yes, I'm not very educated on the issue, and that is why I've only been able to report my observations. My main concern is that radical muslims state that the USA is run by some Jewish conspiracy. Why Jewish? Turkish Pie you have a good knowledge of the Quran, are there any anti-Jewish verses in there at all? Surely there must be some, after all there is in the Bible, and that's how the Christians justified their cruelty and persecution of Jews in the middle ages. Bad logic, possibly, but it makes sense in a way doesn't it? The extremists must source their views from somewhere.

TurkishPie 

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 10:19 am

Dave, a considerable part of the Quran makes reference to the Children of Israel. Primary figures in the Quran are figures such as Abraham, Joseph, Moses, David, Jesus(PBUT). You will be surprised to hear that the prophet Moses(PBUH) is mentioned more than any other name, including Muhammad(PBUH). Indeed an entire chapter (no.17) is titled the Children of Israil. More surprising chapter 19 is titled Maryam, or as you know her the Virgin Mary(PBUH). She too was a Jew.

The Qur’anic description of Jews is quite impartial, praising them in some occasions where they deserve praise and condemning them in other occasions where they commit acts which deserve condemnation.

An example of the Quran praising them reads
“And verily We gave the Children of Israel the Scripture and the Command and the Prophethood, and provided them with good things and favoured them above (all) peoples.” [45:16]

Then they are also condemned for committing acts such as worshipping a golden calf, staging rebellions against prophets, murdering prophets, distorting divine revelation etc...

I must stress the fact that these were actions of Jews in the past and that no Jew today is liable for the actions of their forefathers.

Also, it is not only radical Muslims who claim that the US is run by Jews. Conspiracy theorists of all persuasions like to believe that one. Having said that, there is a very strong Jewish lobby in the US.
Pa Marmo 

Side by Side

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 9:33 pm

David from Canberra wrote:
just as fundamentalist christians take their roots from mainstream christianity. In both cases, the majority of the devotees of these faiths do not agree with the fundamentalists, but the extremists still take their views loosely from the original religion. The extremists must source their views from somewhere.

David, just a few questions.
1.What exactly do you believe a fundamentalist to be?
2. What is the difference between and extreemist and a fundamentalist.
3. What do you understand mainstream Christianity to be.

BJ Aquarius

Harry C - The champion of the Harrys

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 10:59 pm

Magpie greg, you have officially confirmed yourself as an idiot.

It is such a pity you don't follow Richmond, Tiger

If you want to call me a bigot, a fool, or whatever, then do it, it doesn't bother me, just upsets dills like you.

Go Pies!

Pa Marmo 

Side by Side

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 11:01 pm

You wonder why people go off and argue with this nasty little person. Just out of curiosity greg, do you have a gracious bone in your body? The only bigotry we are seeing on this forum is yours against christianity and anyone who does not agree with you.

A very nasty piece of work indeed.

Last edited by Pa Marmo on Thu May 11, 2006 11:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
BJ Aquarius

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 11:24 pm

As I said, I don't care what you call me, it only bothers dills like you.

So go and catch a long train home, tiger

Pa Marmo 

Side by Side

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 11:35 pm

Its funny how discussions you have with what appear to be genuine quality people such as Sheriffe and Turkish Pie start to make you change a few attitudes and perhaps adress some of the things you thought were true. Then along comes a nasty little hater like greg and makes you think maybe I was right all along. Osama Bin Laden and magpie greg............two excellent arguments for birth control.

Last edited by Pa Marmo on Thu May 11, 2006 11:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
BJ Aquarius

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 11:36 pm

Hahaha.. I laugh at you... because I don't care about your bullshit stand on issues, where it's greg against the world.... I don't give a toss about your views on the church or Moslems or whatever.... I don't care about your perceived perception of bigotry.... I don't care about you...
You constantly abuse people of being bigots.. I'm wondering if the biggest bigot is you..

good on ya tiger

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 11:38 pm

BJ wrote:
Hahaha.. I laugh at you... because I don't care about your bullshit stand on issues, where it's greg against the world.... I don't give a toss about your views on the church or Moslems or whatever.... I don't care about your perceived perception of bigotry.... I don't care about you...
You constantly abuse people of being bigots.. I'm wondering if the biggest bigot is you..

good on ya tiger
How do you usually introduce yourself?
Pa Marmo 

Side by Side

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 11:43 pm

Im prepared to forgive and forget greg but you just cant let go. You are so prepared to argue with anyone on this entire site for any reason yet you wont say a word against the things done by your own kind. I think it is becoming increasingly apparent to all on this board that you are in fact a terrorist sympathiser and anti-christian bigot.
Pa Marmo 

Side by Side

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 11:54 pm

You call me gutless. Im not the coward who PM`s people then disallows a response from them. Attacks where no-one can see. Stays hidden when logged into the board just like your buddy osama. sneak attack and snivel away in the darkness. I didnt even read your articles as anything you dig up has no cred with me as you have always shown yourself to be very inane. I feel sorry for you greg for on that cetain day when you close your eyes for the last time it will be so sad for you when you find out your god doesnt exist and you were wrong. I wont be responding to any more of your posts as it is not honouring God in any way and serves no purpose. So fire away greg, let me have it. I`ll give you a hand. Bigot, racist, drunk, gutless, nasty, liar, coward and anything else you can come up with. Knock your self out champ, do your worst.
BJ Aquarius

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 11:56 pm

magpie greg wrote:
For some one who doesnt care you certainly seem to be responding a lot. And your first foray into this thread is to call people names? The irony of it all, BlowJob.

Did you think of that yourself, or have a team of writers do that for you? That's hilarious mate. I'm still flabbergasted by the effort it must have taken to come up with that.

Maybe I misjudged you.

Nah, you are still an idiot

BJ Aquarius

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 12:01 am

Thanks for recognising my ignorance. Maybe you ain't so bad a bloke.
pica 

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 12:02 am

To quote MG:
"VPT - Home of bigotted and intolerant Collingwood supporters."

Well, Greg....if the cap fits....!!!
Pa Marmo 

Side by Side

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 12:08 am

Tess wrote:
One thing I have learned over the years is......

If someone has a strong opposite view on things, there is no use arguing. They will become violent and aggressive and you will never win.

Keep arguing people, your all looking rather bloody minded and silly.

Now thats not being a very calming influence Tess.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 3 of 9   

Jump to: