Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

The 'Law is an ass' thread

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lazza 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 8:34 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

1061 wrote:
I will be honest a racist response from living in an area where we have many Middles Eastern immigrants, refugee's, people over staying visa's ect ect.

So you admit to being a racist?

Glad I dont live anywhere near you because I hate bloody racists with a passion...... Evil or Very Mad Mad

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 9:06 am

Lazza wrote:
1061 wrote:
I will be honest a racist response from living in an area where we have many Middles Eastern immigrants, refugee's, people over staying visa's ect ect.

So you admit to being a racist?

Glad I dont live anywhere near you because I hate bloody racists with a passion...... Evil or Very Mad Mad

I'm glad you took the time to read my complete post>sarcasm< is this how you handle the people you are meant to be helping by just listening to what you choose to hear?

I have seen how the Middle Eastern section of "our" notice I say "our" community try to intimidate by using behaviors from aggressive road use to leering(not just glancing) at females who on a warm day maybe wearing shorts and a tank top rather than neck to knee cover. I know of women who in my suburb have been followed home by Middle Eastern men who assumed she was a slut because of what she was wearing. I also know having a dislike of a particular people is seen as racist by people like you who only read into posts what you choose to read so I put myself out there as racist to save time.

Now isn't there someone out there who needs your help counselor.

Now can we get back to the topic?
David Libra

to wish impossible things

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 9:32 am

1061 wrote:
David wrote:
think positive wrote:
Even other crims see pedophiles as another type of being all together

I've always been perplexed by the idea of murderers, rapists and violent thugs taking the moral high ground.

I guess some of them think they can ("Yes, I put an innocent bystander in a coma, but I'd never harm a child!"), but mostly they probably just enjoy the idea of beating up on 'pervs'. Note the subtle difference in motivation there.

David sometimes we(you) over-think situations, hurting a child is and IMO I don't know about your opinion but in mine something I believe human beings are repulsed by. If you think harming a child is equal to those other crimes you glibly posted about then that is where your moral compass lay.

I see the crimes and the people who commit them differently.

I don't think you can categorise crimes so neatly. Some rapes are much worse than other rapes; some physical assaults are worse than other physical assaults; even some murders are much more brutal and horrifying than other murders. Likewise, there are some cases of child molestation that are horrific and some that are relatively minor. So, no, you can't say that all child abuse is worse than all rape, or whatever.

The vulnerability of children makes crimes against them seem a little more heinous, but when you're comparing giving a young man permanent brain damage vs. giving a child a lifetime of sexual trauma, who's to say which is worse? It's all about the impact on the victim in my book.

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 9:36 am

Where do you see the crimes and the people who commit them?
Lazza 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 9:44 am

1061 wrote:
I also know having a dislike of a particular people is seen as racist by people like you who only read into posts what you choose to read so I put myself out there as racist to save time.

No, YOU admitted to being a racist, I didn’t have to accuse you of it. Looks like you are wearing it as a proud tag..... Rolling Eyes You might need to add bigot to your tag as well.......... Shocked

BTW, all you mention is your "perception" of people as a justification for being racist due to your own paranoia. To each their own but I hate the scum and I hate bloody racists.... Evil or Very Mad Mad

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 10:01 am

Obviously it's pointless asking Lazza to address my original point about the Police statement as he has seen my racist angle and wont let it go to discuss the topic rationally. Lazza do you think it's ok for men to follow women to their home and expect they are open for sex because they dress in a way that is Culturally acceptable in Australia but to some immigrant cultures is seen as easy prey?
HAL 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 10:05 am

What makes it so obvious? Why not?
Lazza 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 10:15 am

1061 wrote:
Obviously it's pointless asking Lazza to address my original point about the Police statement as he has seen my racist angle and wont let it go to discuss the topic rationally. Lazza do you think it's ok for men to follow women to their home and expect they are open for sex because they dress in a way that is Culturally acceptable in Australia but to some immigrant cultures is seen as easy prey?

No, it is NEVER ok to do that in ANY culture.

Same as it is NEVER ok to be a racist in any situation...... Rolling Eyes
HAL 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 10:19 am

Yes, it is much the same.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 10:24 am

Lazza wrote:
1061 wrote:

No, it is NEVER ok to do that in ANY culture.

Same as it is NEVER ok to be a racist in any situation...... Rolling Eyes

So does this mean every post you make in a thread I'm in your going to through the racist card because I don't a certain ethnic group within our(there's that damn word again) community?
HAL 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 10:27 am

Yes, it is much the same.
Lazza 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 10:44 am

1061 wrote:
So does this mean every post you make in a thread I'm in your going to through the racist card because I don't a certain ethnic group within our(there's that damn word again) community?

No. But I will never shy away from challenging and confronting racism. I make no apology for utterly bloody detesting racism and racists.

On Friday night, I was just about to dob in some feral Freo fans who were making racist commernts about Harry but much to my disdain, Etihad Stadium did not have the phone number to call for such issues unlike at the MCG.... Rolling Eyes
David Libra

to wish impossible things

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 11:18 am

1061 wrote:

What makes you think most Middle-Eastern immigrants think that following random women home is acceptable? I would think that adherent Muslims wouldn't tend to look on such behaviour favourably. And what does this have to do with Middle Eastern crime syndicates and people overstaying visas? You're allowing your dislike and prejudice to lead you to links that simply aren't there.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 11:28 am

David wrote:
1061 wrote:
David wrote:
think positive wrote:
Even other crims see pedophiles as another type of being all together

I've always been perplexed by the idea of murderers, rapists and violent thugs taking the moral high ground.

I guess some of them think they can ("Yes, I put an innocent bystander in a coma, but I'd never harm a child!"), but mostly they probably just enjoy the idea of beating up on 'pervs'. Note the subtle difference in motivation there.

David sometimes we(you) over-think situations, hurting a child is and IMO I don't know about your opinion but in mine something I believe human beings are repulsed by. If you think harming a child is equal to those other crimes you glibly posted about then that is where your moral compass lay.

I see the crimes and the people who commit them differently.

I don't think you can categorise crimes so neatly. Some rapes are much worse than other rapes; some physical assaults are worse than other physical assaults; even some murders are much more brutal and horrifying than other murders. Likewise, there are some cases of child molestation that are horrific and some that are relatively minor. So, no, you can't say that all child abuse is worse than all rape, or whatever.

The vulnerability of children makes crimes against them seem a little more heinous, but when you're comparing giving a young man permanent brain damage vs. giving a child a lifetime of sexual trauma, who's to say which is worse? It's all about the impact on the victim in my book.

when you have your own child you will not see things from such an emotional distance.

a lot of things upset me, hurt my child and God help anyone in my way.

(that young man is somebodys child, so same thing)

I also feel this way about crime against the elderly, and animals.

so I guess I speak from a mothers point of view.

Lazza 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 12:16 pm

think positive wrote:
when you have your own child you will not see things from such an emotional distance.

a lot of things upset me, hurt my child and God help anyone in my way.

(that young man is somebodys child, so same thing)

I also feel this way about crime against the elderly, and animals.

so I guess I speak from a mothers point of view.

Makes perfect sense to me TP.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next
Page 19 of 22   

Jump to: