Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pre match. Pies v. Crows - All comments

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Big T 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 11:58 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

What'sinaname wrote:
think better wrote:
Big T wrote:
And Big T takes the first page.

Bored at LAX, 13 hour stopover...

Anyone who has had to fly Sao Paolo-JFK-LAX-BNE knows what I mean... cheap tickets suck.

done a similar flight - drugs are the only answer

but cheer up by the time your jet lag has gone the Pies will have recorded a good win and Reid will have kicked 4 goals

Probably not the type of post you want TSA officers reading after returning from South America.

BigT is now spending the next 18 months at Guantanamo. By the time he returns to Australia, it'll finally be Buckley's team and only then can we judge him on his coaching performance Wink

What's yu have stumbled across the winning pre season strategy for us. 3 months in Guantanamo for all players and staff.

What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 12:04 pm

Big T wrote:

What's yu have stumbled across the winning pre season strategy for us. 3 months in Guantanamo for all players and staff.

Couldn't be worse than our current pre-season which involves players getting injured and getting smashed by crap teams.

Hopefully we'll have an injury free pre-season in Guantanamo.

Big T 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 12:12 pm

What'sinaname wrote:
Big T wrote:

Couldn't be worse than our current pre-season which involves players getting injured and getting smashed by crap teams.

Hopefully we'll have an injury free pre-season in Guantanamo.

I think our fitness department is run by the old Bastard Incorporated.

"Now what can we do to strain Reids quadriceps, get him to run a 21km time trial and then full contact drills for 2 hours. That's what I call a real bastard!"

roar 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 1:15 pm

May start Reid back due to their forward talls. Personally I'd like to see White tried in the backline and Reid up front.
Big T 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 1:18 pm

roar wrote:
May start Reid back due to their forward talls. Personally I'd like to see White tried in the backline and Reid up front.

Yes, what to do with White, quite the conundrum. Very lucky to be getting a game, he is.

roar 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 1:23 pm

Reckon he's worth a try down back. Good speed and size so should be able to negate and provide some run. Keeffe can play the third tall, which suits him better, IMO. Plus I reckon Reid will provide much more up front.
Big T 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 1:39 pm

Checking the injury list, we are basically two players off full strength. That's a concern.
Breadcrawl 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 2:11 pm

Yeah it's a real negative.

Wish there were ten or twelve out for the season - but you can't have everything...

duggieboy 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 3:20 pm

Crows mid Thompson looking unlikely to start according to the Hun.

Big T I was more concerned about our ability to cover their forwards and could only see Reid down back, much as I'd love him kicking goals.

Which way we gonna go with him?
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 3:36 pm

Recent games: Carlisle killed us because we only played one tall defender. Jenkins killed us because we played Keeffe on him one out, close to goal.

If we play Reid forward then we need to ensure that Keeffe and Frost get plenty of help. I'd send Goldsack to defense to fill Toovey's spot, and we will also need our mids to push back and fill the spaces.

I'm tipping Reid starts forward. We need to be positive in this game. Though the chances are he'll move back once they get 5 goals ahead Wink.

swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 3:54 pm

Reid needs to start forward and we need to hope we can keep him there.

Heading into this season I was quite confident Reid could match Cloke with both his output of kicking goals as well as providing the same marking threat that would worry the opposition defence no end.

While Reid is a quality defender and has had one AA year in that role I think that we have showed with Frost and I guess Keeffe that it's easier to unearth and develop a key defender from the relative obscurity of the VFL or a non traditional footballing background than it is to find a key forward with the potential of Reid.

Those players generally take a very high draft pick (Lloyd, Riewoldt, Boyd) or being fortunate with the father son rule (Cloke, Hawkins) and even then it generally takes years before they can become dominant forwards.

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 4:02 pm

Big T wrote:
Checking the injury list, we are basically two players off full strength. That's a concern.

Full strength assumes players are senior footy ready, hell, even Reid isn't that despite the fact he's been named.
Big T 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 4:09 pm

jackcass wrote:
Big T wrote:

Full strength assumes players are senior footy ready, hell, even Reid isn't that despite the fact he's been named.

Sure, but it means we have no excuses from now. Even if we drop the crows game, having got time back into Reid and co, we should finish strongly. No more injury excuses for Collingwood.

swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 4:24 pm

The problem with us this year in terms of injuries hasn't just been with established players like Reid, Brown and Maxwell importantly it's also been with players the club would have been hoping would be putting there hand up to force there way into the 22 like Seedsman, Karnezis, Oxley, Fasolo, Sinclair etc.

When you throw Freeman into the mix along with Scharenberg add a Swan and a Dwyer who have been below there best then there is basically no area of our list from young to old that hasn't been affected this season.

Most of the injuries haven't been season ending but nearly all have been either long term or reoccurring meaning while our list gets shorter there are many players still working towards full fitness and finding form.

Time is running out for them and us sadly.

rocketronnie 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 4:26 pm

It makes no sense whatsoever to (a) play an All Australian defender (Reid) in the forward line and (b) an experienced forward (White) in the back line. No sense at all. I'm hoping someone (anyone!) at Collingwood has enough good sense left to see that.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next
Page 18 of 22   

Jump to: