Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Essendon [substance] issue

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 163, 164, 165, 166, 167  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
perthmagpie Aries

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:29 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

The Commission started off wanting a 5 year ban for Hird and a 5mil fine for Essendon. They got off lightly. Some senior AFL people considered de-registration of the club. 5 senior Ess players are likely to be banned in the future. Younger players in the clear. Hird is not guaranteed to retain his job. There is much more water to go under the bridge yet. Dank will be subpoenaed to appear before ASADA and if refuses the Fed Police can arrest him. Two other Melbourne clubs now under ASADA investigation. AFL was seriously pissed Hird took on Demetriou. This is all from a retired AFL exec.
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:35 pm

perthmagpie wrote:
The Commission started off wanting a 5 year ban for Hird and a 5mil fine for Essendon. They got off lightly. Some senior AFL people considered de-registration of the club. 5 senior Ess players are likely to be banned in the future. Younger players in the clear. Hird is not guaranteed to retain his job. There is much more water to go under the bridge yet. Dank will be subpoenaed to appear before ASADA and if refuses the Fed Police can arrest him. Two other Melbourne clubs now under ASADA investigation. AFL was seriously pissed Hird took on Demetriou. This is all from a retired AFL exec.

Who are the two other Melbourne clubs?

I'm certain one is Melbourne because of Dank's links with the club which was revealed a few months of ago, but I'm not sure of the other one and this is presuming all of this is true.

A 5 year ban and $5,000,000 fine for Hird would have been more satisfying personally and served as a deterrence to other clubs to never repeat this ever again.

ANNODAM Gemini

Rebel Heart Tour - The Forum, Los Angeles 27/10/2015.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 7:42 am

Gee, praying & hope we ain't the other Club...

N.Y METS, N.Y GIANTS, PENRITH PANTHERS & HOBART HURRICANES FAN.

WE ALL LOOK GOOD AT TRAINING, IT'S THE MATCHES THAT COUNT!
Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 10:32 am

Beast wrote:
swoop42 wrote:
Anyone see the footage of Hird today.

It's obvious that he continues to take little responsibilty for his role in the matter when it's plainly clear he was a driving force behind the program.

It's staggering really.

His apology to the players was "I'm sorry that you had to go through this"

as gutless as it comes.

Bomba Thompson wasn't much better on FC last night, while he gets some credit for having the plums to turn up his performance was very embarrassing.

Blamed AFL for not doing enough to stop Hird from venturing down the peptides path, met every difficult question with "we don't know" an deflected questions like the one about Evans being knifed by repeating a sob story ad nauseum.
here's the interview in full, make up your own mind.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdqpv1QVc38&feature=player_embedded#t=0

The myth about them not being able to present their side of the story has been busted by AFL's lawyer Jeff Gleeson.
Quote:
James Hird was offered every opportunity to present his case and as much time as he needed to do it. He chose not to."

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/afl-lawyer-slams-james-hirds-advocate-20130828-2sqnb.html

They lied to their supporters for 7 months with promises of a good place when the truth comes out and instead chose not to incriminate themselves even further when the crunch time came.
Pack of weak slimy rats.

He doesn't have to, he's James $£$%^%%$ Hird!!

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
uuuuu..... The LoneSTAR 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:15 pm

It will be a strange scene this time next year when Tird retakes the reins of the squad probably leading into a finals series. I'm sure his return will be embraced by the whole club, giving them a shot in the arm [pun intended] at the business end of the season.

Very Sad.
GoWoodsmen 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:23 pm

uuuuu..... The LoneSTAR wrote:
It will be a strange scene this time next year when Tird retakes the reins of the squad probably leading into a finals series. I'm sure his return will be embraced by the whole club, giving them a shot in the arm [pun intended] at the business end of the season.

Very Sad.

Gotta say I'm hoping that come this time next year they're mathematically no chance to make the finals. He can walk back in all he likes then....

Captain_MyCaptain Leo

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 2:09 pm

London Dave wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
Tannin wrote:
AN_Inkling wrote:
Endorsed to "go to the edge", and that along with the lack of proper checks and balances is why they have been punished, but there's been no proof that the club or Hird ever sought to cheat.

Nonsense. They had a whole-of-club program of injecting banned performance-enhancing drugs. If that's not cheating, what is?

Even if one is naive enough to believe they didn't deliberately cheat, they are guilty of endorsing and directing a program of experimental drug injections of their players. They have admitted that. This is not about "poor governance", but rather, the deliberate and reckless risking of the health of their players, regardless of whether any of these drugs were banned or not. In my mind, the cheating charge is of secondary importance. The program endorsed and directed by Hird put at risk their players health. It's a flagrant breach of their duty of care obligations under occupational health and safety law. Hird and co are lucky to have got off as lightly as they have.

Agree Rudeboy... and I think they will be in for more grief when ASADA tables report... Hird has insisted all along the truth will clear him, but kept avoiding his chance to tell us the truth... he is cooked.

All along we've been hearing from Hird 'I want to tell my side of the story but due to keeping my word with ASADA , blah blah blah...'
About time he puts up and shuts up. ASADA can still continue their investigations regardless. Agree Rudeboy, Hird is cooked.

David Libra

to wish impossible things

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 2:46 pm

ANNODAM wrote:
Gee, praying & hope we ain't the other Club...

Me too. Certainly, our name is one of the few that has been bandied about during this saga (Geelong, Gold Coast, Hawthorn and West Coast other possibilities). Regardless, fingers crossed that we've done everything above board.

Kristin5 Taurus

Fiery Redhead

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 4:18 pm

Jezza wrote:
perthmagpie wrote:

Who are the two other Melbourne clubs?

I'm certain one is Melbourne because of Dank's links with the club which was revealed a few months of ago, but I'm not sure of the other one and this is presuming all of this is true.

A 5 year ban and $5,000,000 fine for Hird would have been more satisfying personally and served as a deterrence to other clubs to never repeat this ever again.

Geelong is probably the other, given links with Robinson (and, I think, Dank?).

Proud Pies Aquarius

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 5:21 pm

perthmagpie wrote:

and you believe all that why?

Hiss Taurus

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 5:44 pm
Post subject: YesReply with quote

Now what if one of these other two Clubs is us? Hmmmmmm
ANNODAM Gemini

Rebel Heart Tour - The Forum, Los Angeles 27/10/2015.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 5:45 pm

GoWoodsmen wrote:
uuuuu..... The LoneSTAR wrote:

Very Sad.

Gotta say I'm hoping that come this time next year they're mathematically no chance to make the finals. He can walk back in all he likes then....

Or better still, ASADA finalises their report & infraction notices handed down to several players banning them for 2+ years...

Now then he can go back to coaching the Dopers with my blessing!

N.Y METS, N.Y GIANTS, PENRITH PANTHERS & HOBART HURRICANES FAN.

WE ALL LOOK GOOD AT TRAINING, IT'S THE MATCHES THAT COUNT!
perthmagpie Aries

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 6:55 pm

Proud Pies wrote:
perthmagpie wrote:

I believe it because it comes from the same person who said in May that Hird was warned to stay away from Peptides and Dank 3 times. This person is privy to everything connected with the saga working at the top of the AFL for over a decade and only leaving a few months ago. It's a pressure cooker in the AFL management right now and he is glad to be out of it for good. The info is entirely accurate.

perthmagpie Aries

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 6:58 pm

Proud Pies wrote:
perthmagpie wrote:

Proud Pies, you are welcome to check out my posts regarding Ess in deep poo previously in May after I heard info from same source. I am not a rumour mongrel.

perthmagpie Aries

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 6:59 pm

Monger not mongrel, bloody iPad!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 163, 164, 165, 166, 167  Next
Page 164 of 167   

Jump to: