Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

KPP (FF) - What are we going to do?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 19, 20, 21  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BigKeyForward 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2019 3:00 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

tbaker wrote:
BigKeyForward wrote:
Good ruckmen can be found cheap; the two premier ruckmen of the AFL in Brodie Grundy and Max Gawn were drafted 18th and 34th respectively.

No, they can't be found cheap - luck, development, and opportunites has a lot to do with it. If all clubs knew what Grundy/Gawn were going to develop into, then they would've been a top 3 pick.
Applying that "can be found cheap" logic, implies that a club can pick up a champion brownlow medal winning midfielder on the cheap - per Dane Swan.
Countless other examples - looking back retrospectively is easy, looking ahead and determining what players will turn into champions is not...

Then why did Gold Coast get Witts for only 44 and 62?

BigKeyForward 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2019 3:35 pm

PyreneesPie wrote:
If Brodie does end up going home and this means to the Adelaide Crows, I'd like to see us push for Darcy Fogarty as part of the trade.

In his second year this season, he got 4 games at the end. Five goals against the Eagles and three against us during that time. For a tall forward in just his second year, this speaks of a raw talent that could be developed quite quickly.

Yes he is a very highly rated prospect, however he is not ready to say " Hop on my shoulders boys, and ill drag us over the line ". That time may come in another season or 2, but by then our creme of the crop will be winding down ( Steele, Pendles and I would add Howe to this group ). Our premiership window has been open for 2 years now and may be closed in 2 years time. The reason why I think Franklin is the best option, is because he comes in to give us 2 good years at the twilight of Pendles and Sidebottoms careers.

roar 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2019 3:49 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
How does a guy who gets 7 kicks in a big final find himself on a 7-year contract?

It's a mystery.

BigKeyForward 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2019 4:01 pm

If Grundy was to be traded, Reilly O'Brien ( The Doctor ) would be part of the trade. And unless they give us Jenkins/Walker, i'd like to push for Hugh Greenwood who can be a good upgrade on Varcoe. Greenwood is 191cm 92kg Mid/Fwd who is elite in Clearences, tackles and pressure.

Grundy for O'Brien and Greenwood, believe it or not will be an improvement on our team. O'Brien although less superior is still a very good youngish ruckman, and Greenwood is a player our forward line needs post Varcoe.

This would mean we would have to push hard for Franklin and Sydney are no strangers in dealing with us. Infact, Sydney is the most ideal team to trade with based on the past 20 years.
Trading Langdon + Sier/Future 1st should be able to secure a trade for Franklin.

FB Howe - Roughead - Maynard
HB Quaynor - Moore - Scharenberg
C Sidebottom - Pendlebury - Crisp
HF H.Greenwood - Franklin - DeGoey
FF Thomas - Masoncox - Stephenson
Foll O'Brien - Adams - Treloar

Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2019 4:22 pm

Someone said somewhere else that Josh Bruce is like another Mihocek and therefore he wouldn't be useful for us as another forward. But I would like to query this assumption. I think that another mobile Mihocek might be great up forward, in combination with Cox. Surround these three with our armada of deadly small forwards. Looks like a pretty fantastic set up to me: highly mobile,but definite targets that the opposing defence has to monitor.
I really like the idea of Josh Bruce. He might be all we need in the forward line. I think we should definitely do everything possible to keep Jamie. Not sure that we need too much else...I'd like another big tough mid, but if we believe Sier is going to commit himself next year, maybe what we have now is fine. However, if Beams is not going to be able to play, maybe we should try to get an inside mid who has mongrel. Not sure where from or how.

David Libra

to wish impossible things

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2019 4:36 pm

BigKeyForward wrote:
Franklin must be thinking " Am I a joke to you people ? "

Franklin has played 29 games in the last 2 seasons.

Kicking 84 goals 61 behinds...

Putting that into context, Brody Mihocek and Mason Cox have both combined for a total of 109 goals from a combined 78 games. Thats 49 MORE games

Franklin (29 games) = 84 goals
Mihocek + Cox (78 games) = 109 goals

Fact, If Franklin walks into Collingwood he is automatically our no.1 forward even at 33 the above stats from the last 2 seasons suggest he is worth 2 Men

All we need is a tough-goal-kicking mid ( DeGoey )
And a strong, long-kicking Key forward ( Franklin )

Yeah well, no doubt he's been a champion of the competition. He's also turning 33 in January and is coming off an injury-cruelled season. Anyone who picks him up from here is taking a huge gamble, and not a particularly advisable one IMO.

BigKeyForward 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2019 4:42 pm

Magpietothemax wrote:
Someone said somewhere else that Josh Bruce is like another Mihocek and therefore he wouldn't be useful for us as another forward. But I would like to query this assumption. I think that another mobile Mihocek might be great up forward, in combination with Cox. Surround these three with our armada of deadly small forwards. Looks like a pretty fantastic set up to me: highly mobile,but definite targets that the opposing defence has to monitor.
I really like the idea of Josh Bruce. He might be all we need in the forward line. I think we should definitely do everything possible to keep Jamie. Not sure that we need too much else...I'd like another big tough mid, but if we believe Sier is going to commit himself next year, maybe what we have now is fine. However, if Beams is not going to be able to play, maybe we should try to get an inside mid who has mongrel. Not sure where from or how.

That was me, Bruce and Mihocek would be able to be blanketed easily in finals. If the strength of Mihocek and Bruce is to hope our small trio will kick a winning score then were doomed. Especially because Jamie is leaving.

Bruce has only played 11 games at the M.C.G in his career for a return of 14.8. Anyway he is headed to Bulldogs, thankfully

Word is Beams is going to retire aswell.

BigKeyForward 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2019 4:42 pm

Magpietothemax wrote:

That was me, Bruce and Mihocek would be able to be blanketed easily in finals. If the strength of Mihocek and Bruce is to hope our small trio will kick a winning score then were doomed. Especially because Jamie is leaving.

Bruce has only played 11 games at the M.C.G in his career for a return of 14.8. Anyway he is headed to Bulldogs, thankfully

Word is Beams is going to retire aswell.

MagpieDynasty Sagittarius

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2019 4:48 pm

themonk wrote:
A fit forward line with DeGoey, Elliot, Stevo, Cox & co can still win us a flag next year.

Our focus should be to sign up our star players this year and wait to pounce on Cameron next year.

I tend to agree with this view. I would've thought our biggest problem is in Defence. Roughy was more than serviceable but how many times were the likes of he, Howe and Maynard under-sized. A key back for mine!

BigKeyForward 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2019 4:50 pm

David wrote:
BigKeyForward wrote:
Franklin must be thinking " Am I a joke to you people ? "

Franklin has played 29 games in the last 2 seasons.

Kicking 84 goals 61 behinds...

Putting that into context, Brody Mihocek and Mason Cox have both combined for a total of 109 goals from a combined 78 games. Thats 49 MORE games

Franklin (29 games) = 84 goals
Mihocek + Cox (78 games) = 109 goals

Fact, If Franklin walks into Collingwood he is automatically our no.1 forward even at 33 the above stats from the last 2 seasons suggest he is worth 2 Men

All we need is a tough-goal-kicking mid ( DeGoey )
And a strong, long-kicking Key forward ( Franklin )

Yeah well, no doubt he's been a champion of the competition. He's also turning 33 in January and is coming off an injury-cruelled season. Anyone who picks him up from here is taking a huge gamble, and not a particularly advisable one IMO.

We all know he is 33 and has hammy problems. But you know what? If he was younger and fitter, then we would never even be able to dream about getting him. Now its a VERY realistic option. High Risk Greater Rewards

BigKeyForward 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2019 4:52 pm

MagpieDynasty wrote:
themonk wrote:
A fit forward line with DeGoey, Elliot, Stevo, Cox & co can still win us a flag next year.

Our focus should be to sign up our star players this year and wait to pounce on Cameron next year.

I tend to agree with this view. I would've thought our biggest problem is in Defence. Roughy was more than serviceable but how many times were the likes of he, Howe and Maynard under-sized. A key back for mine!

Did you forget that we had a pick6 key back sitting in the stands in Scharenberg?, maybe Bucks did? and a highly-rated young one on the books in Kelly for the up-coming years?

BigKeyForward 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2019 4:59 pm

BigKeyForward wrote:
MagpieDynasty wrote:
themonk wrote:

Did you forget that we had a pick6 key back sitting in the stands in Scharenberg?, maybe Bucks did? and a highly-rated young one on the books in Kelly for the up-coming years?

Funny who wouldn't mention Moore
It should have been more than obvious to you that our problem is the fwd line, i thought u would have noticed at 3 QT when we had only kicked 3 goals!

MagpieDynasty Sagittarius

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2019 5:13 pm

BigKeyForward wrote:
BigKeyForward wrote:
MagpieDynasty wrote:
themonk wrote:

It should have been more than obvious to you that our problem is the fwd line, i thought u would have noticed at 3 QT when we had only kicked 3 goals!

Shaz, Moore have bodies you just can't trust. Kelly unproven...Our defence was exposed time and again by the likes of WCE, Richmond, GWS...All of whom have monster Fwd's and we've struggled to nullify. If the window is open now, and i believe it still is, I think a Key Def is a must. Can we rely on 25 games in 2020 from Shaz, Moore and Kelly?

K 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2019 5:16 pm

I just checked how old Roughead is: he turns 29 in November.
(He just missed the 1990 premiership. Wink )
BigKeyForward 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2019 5:33 pm

MagpieDynasty wrote:
BigKeyForward wrote:
BigKeyForward wrote:
MagpieDynasty wrote:
themonk wrote:

Shaz, Moore have bodies you just can't trust. Kelly unproven...Our defence was exposed time and again by the likes of WCE, Richmond, GWS...All of whom have monster Fwd's and we've struggled to nullify. If the window is open now, and i believe it still is, I think a Key Def is a must. Can we rely on 25 games in 2020 from Shaz, Moore and Kelly?

Yes, Yes we can.

Phil Davis had 1 mark, Giants defence seemed Ok.
We had no key-backs last year and still made the grand-final and came within 5 points.
Spending more money on another Key-back could be even worse decision than getting another small outside midfielder, Seriously.

If you have a dangerous tall fwd line, it does not matter how good the other teams defense is because the danger will always be present.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 19, 20, 21  Next
Page 16 of 21   

Jump to: