Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pre match: Magpies v. Weagles. All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Woods Capricorn

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 8:23 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Mugwump wrote:
Woods wrote:
We can rely on Fasolo, the 'Prince of Perth', to put on a strong performance in front of friends and family. Expecting a big game from him.

(Unfortunately he won't have Elliot there to get him into the local nightclubs post-game.)

What's with all of the innuendo about Elliott being a party boy ?
Is there any evidence for it ?

It was in reference to a game in Perth last year. Fasolo apparently told team mates he was the Prince of Perth and knew every bouncer outside every nightclub in Perth. After the game Fasolo tried to get in to a nightclub but was told to join the line. Elliot however was welcomed in as royalty and walked straight in, and asked the bouncers to let Fasolo in.

The episode was mentioned in jest on one of those clubroom videos on the Collingwood website last year, and Dave Hughes used it on the Footy Show to ridicule Fasolo the Prince of Perth. All meant in good fun.
thompsoc 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 8:24 pm

Interesting comment.
WC aren't much of a team at the moment.
Hope we jump them.

Woods Capricorn

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 8:29 pm

CarringbushCigar wrote:
Woods wrote:
This game is winnable for Collingwood. One team is coming off an unexpected heavy win, the other is coming off a loss that has sown the seeds of doubt in the Eagles (publically expressed by the coach who said their season it shot unless they can win their away games).

So the Eagles playing at home in front of their rabid fan base must no only win but win well. A simple win by a goal or two (or three) will not be enough. They need the reassurance of a big win. So if there are stages in the game where this looks doubtful those crazy Eagles fans won't be hurling abuse at Collingwood, but their own players. This can be a pretty demoralising experience for the Eagles and Collingwood, if it can bring some early pressure and force errors, can exploit their identity crisis.

In short, this is a game that can be determined by the relative psychologies currently influencing the performance of the competing teams at this uncertain early stage of the season. Collingwood wants to continue the thrust of Monday's convincing win (and God help it if it reverts to the garbage of rounds 1 to 4), while the Eagles need to remove the nagging doubt that they are 'not good enough' and reassure themselves and their vocal supporters that they are still a contender for finals.

Which is the stronger willed team? In this topsy-turvey season of 2016, I think this Sunday it will be Collingwood.

Well said Woods - it is/was possible.
But losing Adams and no Cloke we lose a lot of potential muscle to support Grundy.
Can't see our leaders getting it done now.
Will be a monumental achievement.

Eagles by 111pts and Bombers to beat Carlton setting up another coach defining clash next week

Muscle is always good, but this game can be won by moving the ball quickly with elite skill - particularly by foot - like they did in first half on Anzac day. Plenty of room at Subi to execute. But they'll need to be switched on from the first bounce or they'll be over-run early.
Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 8:37 pm

Doubt we have the cattle to beat them with our outs, I'd be happy if we got within 3 or 4 goals, never say never though.

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
Mugwump 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 8:44 pm

Woods wrote:
Mugwump wrote:
Woods wrote:
We can rely on Fasolo, the 'Prince of Perth', to put on a strong performance in front of friends and family. Expecting a big game from him.

(Unfortunately he won't have Elliot there to get him into the local nightclubs post-game.)

What's with all of the innuendo about Elliott being a party boy ?
Is there any evidence for it ?

It was in reference to a game in Perth last year. Fasolo apparently told team mates he was the Prince of Perth and knew every bouncer outside every nightclub in Perth. After the game Fasolo tried to get in to a nightclub but was told to join the line. Elliot however was welcomed in as royalty and walked straight in, and asked the bouncers to let Fasolo in.

The episode was mentioned in jest on one of those clubroom videos on the Collingwood website last year, and Dave Hughes used it on the Footy Show to ridicule Fasolo the Prince of Perth. All meant in good fun.

Ah, got it, cheers. Funny story. Someone else was muttering yesterday about Elliott's hair tests... I thought it was connected.

Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 9:06 pm

No chance in hell. The line is -50 points for a reason. It's paying $1.92. That's right, you can nearly double your money if you think Coll will get within 50 points of WC.
STOKA35 Capricorn

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 9:14 pm

West coast by 40 points, hope I'm wrong
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 9:32 pm

WTF, I just posted in the beat it thread and got there is no such post try again!

Ok I will
We are shitter, and next week bux will once more be person unloved!

derkd 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 9:53 pm

how bad is Adams? any word from the club? he played out ANZAC day so surely it can't be that bad.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 10:11 pm

derkd wrote:
how bad is Adams? any word from the club? he played out ANZAC day so surely it can't be that bad.

He probably tripped on a pebble knowing our luck

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 10:14 pm

Yes I think there are.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 10:22 pm

I be keeping a Very Close Eye on Aish Tommorow in the VFL
MagpieBat 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 10:38 pm

Dave The Man wrote:

IF he doesn't travel...
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 10:40 pm

MagpieBat wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:

IF he doesn't travel...

I doubt he will go

Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 10:40 pm

Loss of Adams is really unfortunate. This game will be decided in the midfield, and we have just suffered a massive blow. Our only chance of winning depends on our midfield holding its own against theirs. With Adams gone now, we have lost our major grunt in and under. If we don't compete adequately for the central clearances, we will be smashed. Who will step to fill the void that Tay's absence has now created? I would throw Blair into the centre, in and under. Broomhead to take on the small forward role. Sinclair to drive us forward from half back and run to link up, a la Travis Varcoe. Only chance is to play fast, move the ball fast at all costs. If our midfield configuration hold up, and we can get the ball forward at speed, Broomhead and Fasolo maybe can contest the ball on the ground. Can Cox and Moore bring it to ground, and contest it there as well? I can visualize a very small window of opportunity. But it requires a massive lift from our midfielders, Greenwood, De Goey and Crisp.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next
Page 16 of 19   

Jump to: