Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Who do you want to be drafted with our pick 6?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 19, 20, 21  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:07 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Adam Treloar 3 Votes wrote:
Wow that’s ballsy by Naughton to come out like that. Most draftees try to put aside emotional bias etc and to project a level of neutrality (open to playing with any side). To come out and declare you want to be at Collingwood takes a lot of confidence.

So has Hine and Co he is our Pick IF he is there OR Trying to sell himself to Collingwood HOPING we pick him?

Dr Pie 

Dr Pie

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:20 pm

Given that Reid is injury prone and and Dunn and Goldsack are a few centimetres shorter than some of the top forwards, I hope we do draft Naughton. Besides, if his marking is as good as they say and he plays alongside Jumping Jeremy our defence is going to look very good.
Adam Treloar 3 Votes 

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:13 pm

If Hine has told him that he is our number 1 target knowing he is a Pies fan and wants to play for us that would be very shrewd. Having boldly declared that he wants to be at Collingwood and not Fremantle they surely can’t pick him. Especially after they lost two players to interstate only a month or so ago.

I am surprised that Hine and Co would appear to have zeroed in on him so early and shown their cards. There are 4 or 5 players that I would be happy with and whilst our recruiters think they know who others clubs will select it doesn’t always pan out like that.

MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:00 am

If Collingwood told Naughton they plan to draft him at pick six I don't see anything wrong with Naughton telling Freo he doesn't want to go to Freo. But now it's in the public domain, if Collingwood drafts someone else at pick six Naughton could finish up anywhere. How would Naughton feel if he ends up at Brisbane? He might feel he would have been better off going to Freo. For that reason I think it would have been wiser for Naughton not to express his feelings so openly to the AFL clubs that interviewed him and sit back and wait for draft day to take its course.
The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:44 am

BucksIsFutureCoach wrote:
If Collingwood told Naughton they plan to draft him at pick six I don't see anything wrong with Naughton telling Freo he doesn't want to go to Freo. But now it's in the public domain, if Collingwood drafts someone else at pick six Naughton could finish up anywhere. How would Naughton feel if he ends up at Brisbane? He might feel he would have been better off going to Freo. For that reason I think it would have been wiser for Naughton not to express his feelings so openly to the AFL clubs that interviewed him and sit back and wait for draft day to take its course.

Disagree with your last point, if he really wants to land at the Pies (a team he supports) wouldn't it be worth taking a chance on making that more likely an event then almost 100% getting drafted by Freo with the risk of it being difficult to depart in the future.

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:58 am

Way too many 'iffs' for my liking. Cool
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:40 am

The Boy Who Cried Wolf wrote:

Disagree with your last point, if he really wants to land at the Pies (a team he supports) wouldn't it be worth taking a chance on making that more likely an event then almost 100% getting drafted by Freo with the risk of it being difficult to depart in the future.

I'm fine with him telling Freo whatever he wants in private but going public with it, I'm not much of a fan.

The history of the draft is filled with a wasteland of young men who have been told they will be selected by clubs at a certain point in the draft, only to be shafted at the time. It usually happens with later picks but that aside, I can't see anything to be gained by Naughton going public with his comments.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:03 am

Doubt he go Pick 1

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:07 am

Pies2016 wrote:
The Boy Who Cried Wolf wrote:

I'm fine with him telling Freo whatever he wants in private but going public with it, I'm not much of a fan.

The history of the draft is filled with a wasteland of young men who have been told they will be selected by clubs at a certain point in the draft, only to be shafted at the time. It usually happens with later picks but that aside, I can't see anything to be gained by Naughton going public with his comments.

Agree. Accept of Top 3 Pick no team can Guarantee a Kid they will Pick them as they not 100% Sure how be there at there Pick

themonk 

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:59 pm

God help us if we use pick 6 on a kid that needs to improve his kicking.

That's for 2nd and 3rd round selections.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:19 pm

themonk wrote:
God help us if we use pick 6 on a kid that needs to improve his kicking.

That's for 2nd and 3rd round selections.

His Kicking has Improved over the Season. I remember thinking that Moore's Field Kicking was Poor when he played in the u-18 Champs

Pies2016 

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:03 pm

^^^

Yep. I think we need to move on from the " Naughtin can't kick " tag.
There won't be anybody complaining about his marking and reading of the play ( unless it's against us )
If his kicking was elite, he would go number one and he wouldn't be there for us anyway.
Raynor could go number one and he has no tank. Stephenson could go four and he has a medical issue. Cerra is one paced. Bonar has had two major knee surgeries already. It's just one of those drafts full of uncertainties.

Naughtons kicking isn't poor and the big kids usually look ugly when they try to kick on the run. If he wants to work hard, his kicking will improve quickly enough.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 6:36 pm

Naughton seems similar to Toovey but Taller and more Athletic
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:15 pm

Naughton reminds me of Darren Glass in the way he moves and competes against opponents.
K 

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:23 am

Pies2016 wrote:
K wrote:
Pies2016 wrote:

<snip>
I saw your [Swoop's] comments on Raynor. It will be interesting. FWIW, I wouldn't be totally surprised if he even slipped through to pick four ( not that I expect it to pan out that way ) I think his lack of endurance and stamina will go against him as a pick one. ...

... Exactly how bad is his aerobic capacity? ....

It's not like Raynor isn't fit. He's a very explosive powerful ( small ) forward who is uncanny around goals. It's been known for a while that his endurance isnt very good and it holds him back from more mid field time.
He probably just isn't blessed with natural stamina ( im only guessing of course )
Anything can be be improved upon with hard work ( except height ) but the recruiters challenge is to correctly identify just how hard these kids want to improve on their weaknesses.

The AFL website is reporting a 2km time trial time of 7:57 for Raynor.
7:33 for Fogarty.
Raynor's time is getting into Kirby territory... How much this is due to his injury is a relevant question, of course.

Quote:
A stronger time – recruiters suggested something around the seven-minute mark – could have gone some way to sealing his place at the top of the draft order, but his slower result is unlikely to see Rayner drop down the board as it is a recognised area for improvement for him.
Quote:
Fogarty is on the radar of North Melbourne, Collingwood, St Kilda and the Western Bulldogs as a top-10 pick despite struggling for form throughout this season.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 19, 20, 21  Next
Page 14 of 21   

Jump to: