Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Feminism

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14
View previous topic :: View next topic  
David Libra

to wish impossible things

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2019 1:35 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

*sigh* Love it when "woke" men try to be feminist and fail:

https://www.huffingtonpost.com.au/entry/barack-obama-women-singapore_n_5df75981e4b047e888a0139e

Quote:
“I’m absolutely confident that for two years if every nation on earth was run by women, you would see a significant improvement across the board on just about everything ... living standards and outcomes,” Obama said at a private leadership event in Singapore, according to the BBC.

While women “aren’t perfect,” Obama added, they are “indisputably” better than men.

Yes, forget politics, record or personal disposition: just vote 1 Thatcher, Le Pen, Hanson and Anez for a better world. Shocked

Seriously, though, no woman would ever say anything this dumb. Razz

Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2019 1:43 pm

Except for all the RadFems who say exactly that.

I'd take the ghost of Thatcher over Boris and Jez the Red any day though Laughing
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2019 5:24 pm

David wrote:
*sigh* Love it when "woke" men try to be feminist and fail:

https://www.huffingtonpost.com.au/entry/barack-obama-women-singapore_n_5df75981e4b047e888a0139e

Quote:
“I’m absolutely confident that for two years if every nation on earth was run by women, you would see a significant improvement across the board on just about everything ... living standards and outcomes,” Obama said at a private leadership event in Singapore, according to the BBC.

While women “aren’t perfect,” Obama added, they are “indisputably” better than men.

Yes, forget politics, record or personal disposition: just vote 1 Thatcher, Le Pen, Hanson and Anez for a better world. Shocked

Seriously, though, no woman would ever say anything this dumb. Razz

Stupidity knows no boundaries. Gender, race, age, religion don't matter, stupidity is the ultimate in equality. Razz

thesoretoothsayer 

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2019 7:12 am

Quote:
I’m absolutely confident that for two years if every nation on earth was run by women, you would see a significant improvement across the board on just about everything ...

"Of course, I never mentioned this when I, a man, was running for office or when I beat out Hilary, a woman, for the Democratic nomination or when I was President.
Nor did I ever think to make way for a woman at any time during my political career (even though I claim they're superior).
But now that I've had my turn, made my millions and my career is over, I definitely think women should be running things."
Hypocrite.
David Libra

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2019 8:24 am

^ Good point. If he doesn't think Clinton would have been a better president than he was (and I think we all know she wouldn't have been), then he's already invalidated his claim. Because, ultimately, isn't that the principle of what he's saying? Where there's a reasonable option between a man and a woman, you pick the woman? Even if it works out on average – and I'm not sure that's actually true – it breaks down the moment you approach it on a case-by-case basis.

Otherwise, Jessa Crispin in The Guardian sees something more sinister behind Obama's comments:

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2019/dec/17/barack-obama-old-white-men

Quote:
While potentially opening himself up to a million hate tweets by Hillary Clinton supporters still upset about 2008 and 2016, the comments seem pointed at one old white man in particular: Bernie Sanders.

[...]

Maybe it was just vague virtue signalling and scoring easy points with centrist feminists? Just another bland platitude they can slap on a T-shirt and sell on Etsy? It would be boring to list all of the women leaders who would immediately disprove Obama’s claims about women leaders. Margaret Thatcher! Imelda Marcos! We gave Aung San Suu Kyi both a Nobel peace prize and a whole U2 song about her and even that couldn’t keep her from committing crimes against humanity. It’s almost – almost – like the real problem here is power and its morally corrupting qualities and not who is doing the wielding of it.

Not sure if I agree with her conclusion that he's having a dig at Sanders, but the second paragraph in the quote above is spot on.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2019 8:34 am

im Not sure Hilary is a woman.

Seriously, I reckon Martin Sheen would do a better job than either of them. Is there anyone acceptable coming up? I’ll say the same for Australia, can we clone that Sheila from New Zealand?

Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2019 8:40 am

think positive wrote:
im Not sure Hilary is a woman.

Seriously, I reckon Martin Sheen would do a better job than either of them. Is there anyone acceptable coming up? I’ll say the same for Australia, can we clone that Sheila from New Zealand?

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2019 8:53 am

hehe, what did she do to you???
David Libra

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2019 9:42 am

I was just thinking the other night that Jacinda Ardern is close to the only world leader I like (I'm sure there are a few good ones around, but I don't know much about the current local politics of Scandinavia, etc.). Most of the world's major countries are currently run by tyrants and ogres, and 'liberals' like Macron, Merkel and Trudeau are barely any better. Ardern is a long way from perfect, but she's the sort of leader you'd be proud to have.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2019 10:25 am

exactly,
if i looked at her policies closely im sure id disagree with some, but at least She comes across as genuine, sincere and honest, though im sure someone will now dig something up!

i just get embarrassed when they show question time on the news, like a bunch of kinder garten kids - actually i think they behave better!

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2019 3:28 pm

think positive wrote:
exactly,
if i looked at her policies closely im sure id disagree with some, but at least She comes across as genuine, sincere and honest, though im sure someone will now dig something up!

i just get embarrassed when they show question time on the news, like a bunch of kinder garten kids - actually i think they behave better!

She's a leader and has shown great leadership qualities during two crises: Compare and contrast with Scotty from Marketing.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14
Page 14 of 14   

Jump to: