Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

#13 Dale Thomas

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Player Forums

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 19, 20, 21  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hiss Taurus

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 7:43 pm
Post subject: EddieReply with quote

Now hear this.I rarely agree with McGuire or endorse his words, but on this occasion he his spot on. And yes I am talking about Master Thomas! Who does this trumped up wannabe think he is saying that he will not consider contract negotiations until the end of the season 2011? We have taken him from tears to glory! No other club can win flags like us! We gave him an opportunity to play in a historic draw and then a win in one of the all time greatest ever teams under one of the greatest coaches ever. Now he thinks he can tease us with this veiled threat of playing for the big bucks in round one of this season? Collingwood must return to the time honored traditions of insisting that players who wear our famous colours are required to publically declare their absolute unconditional loyalty to us and be proud to wear our stripes. Thomas is a kid with potential and without us he is nothing! If I was coach he would be suspended for 4 games immediately for disloyal mutterings that have the potential to bring our club into disrepute. Jock McHale would be turning in his grave if he heard this stuff by Thomas. Eddie is right to invoke the Peter Moore , Kelvin Tempelton stuff today. Who does this little upstart think he is? Sign up now son or sit on the bench and rot in the reserves for the rest of the season.

PS This is not a rant to all my knockers. Season 2011 is back !

Black_White Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 7:43 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.sportsnewsfirst.com.au/articles/2011/03/28/eddie-tells-thomas-to-think-team-not-cash/

Same story we were told about Nick Davis.
When Ed starts spinning, I start worrying.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 8:05 pm

Eddie was responding verbally to taunts from Mick Molloy on his breakfast radio show, about Daisy's appearance on Before the game. No big deal. Molloy also said that Schulz deserved his leg injury for leaving Ninthmond.
Burns4PM 

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 8:10 pm

Black White, you're signature sums u up!!!!
Go back to chewin straw....
Big T 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 3:15 am
Post subject: Re: EddieReply with quote

Hiss wrote:
Now hear this.I rarely agree with McGuire or endorse his words, but on this occasion he his spot on. And yes I am talking about Master Thomas! Who does this trumped up wannabe think he is saying that he will not consider contract negotiations until the end of the season 2011? We have taken him from tears to glory! No other club can win flags like us! We gave him an opportunity to play in a historic draw and then a win in one of the all time greatest ever teams under one of the greatest coaches ever. Now he thinks he can tease us with this veiled threat of playing for the big bucks in round one of this season? Collingwood must return to the time honored traditions of insisting that players who wear our famous colours are required to publically declare their absolute unconditional loyalty to us and be proud to wear our stripes. Thomas is a kid with potential and without us he is nothing! If I was coach he would be suspended for 4 games immediately for disloyal mutterings that have the potential to bring our club into disrepute. Jock McHale would be turning in his grave if he heard this stuff by Thomas. Eddie is right to invoke the Peter Moore , Kelvin Tempelton stuff today. Who does this little upstart think he is? Sign up now son or sit on the bench and rot in the reserves for the rest of the season.

PS This is not a rant to all my knockers. Season 2011 is back !

By gees by jingos by crikey, you've got crap coming out of your asshole! You know what you get when you invoke the rule of "insisting that players who wear our famous colours are required to publically declare their absolute unconditional loyalty to us and be proud to wear our stripes". The Pies team of the 90's under Tony Shaw, full of "nuggety" loyal players who were a pile of shite.

Footy nowadays is about decision making, management, like it or lump it. If Thomas decides to go, best of luck, if he stays, gold. For mine, I will move on either way, back to back and new 1st round picks to develop if he leaves. Thats footy. And Daisy will remain a hero dual premiership player no matter what.

Lets see what happens if we draw this hard line with players. It will not work, it doesnt work in any organisation.

And I actually agree with Black_White, I couldnt help thinking about Nick Davis when I read Eddies comments today. It aint a good look. Much as I love Ed, the walking headline can be a bit dicey at times.

tomoleary Aquarius

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:44 am

With you on this one Big T.

If Daisy and Pendles stay it will be the best outcome for all involved but if one of them leaves I'll be initially sad and annoyed but I'll get over it.

If you try to force people to do anything in this age they will invariably walk away. Eddie didn't need to say what he said publically. There's plenty of good reasons to remain a magpie. In fact financial incentive is the only reason not to stay.

I wonder whether Eddie could offer to buy them both million dollar homes when they retire? Or they could be contestants on million dollar drop and given the answers to all the questions? Or they could be paid a few hundred thousand bucks to do CGU ads. Wink
Clemo Capricorn

clemo

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 4:24 pm
Post subject: Re: Dale ThomasReply with quote

Black_White wrote:
I'm calling it
Thomas to GWS.
Lock it in Ed.
Done deal.

not a troll, not a muck-raker...but a muck=raking troll. Evil or Very Mad

Black_White Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 6:22 pm

Clemo wrote:
Black_White wrote:
I'm calling it
Thomas to GWS.
Lock it in Ed.
Done deal.

not a troll, not a muck-raker...but a muck=raking troll. Evil or Very Mad

Ah, play the man.
Well done sir!

No need to debate the triple $$ on offer.
No need to debate being the "face of the Giants".
No need to debate the possibility of Captaincy.

No, no, just bury your head in the sand and hope it all goes away.

Well played.
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 6:44 pm

Black_White wrote:
I'm calling it
Thomas to GWS.
Lock it in Ed.
Done deal.

No totally unrealistic. Although he is the face of junior membership at the Pies with Thommo's Team 13. I reckon they should pay him $700,000 as the face of membership Wink

I'd say he's more likely that Pendles who is a key part of the leadership group.

That said, we sign both, then we probably lose Blair and Sidey.

Deja Vu 

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 3:45 pm

Can't lose 2 players to GWS.

As much as I hate to admit it, I think Dale is a good chance to go. He's gone from saying he's very happy to stay at Collingwood and the club can start negotiations now on Nova a few weeks back, to I'll wait until the end of the season on BTG.

It just sounds like the Geelong/Gablett scenario all over again.

It's a shame if he goes but such is life, or more appropriately, such is the new AFL. With free agency coming in every football supporter will need to get used to it.

I just feel for all the llittle 'uns running around with number 13 on their back.

3.14159 Taurus

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 5:03 pm

Black_White wrote:
I'm calling it
Thomas to GWS.
Lock it in Ed.
Done deal.

You should have passed Cassandra.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 5:30 pm

I'm calling it.

Daisy will do what's right for Daisy, and he'd be an idiot to do otherwise.
doriswilgus 

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 6:19 pm

Yes,Dale will do what's best for Dale,and when he weighs up all his options that should ensure that he stays at Collingwood.

It's true that he would make more money short term at Western Sydney,but as others have pointed out(including Caro) he can make a lot more money in the long term if he stays at Collingwood.With Eddie's business connections there are a lot more business and media opportunities for him in Melbourne than there would be in Sydney.He will be set for life if he stays a Collingwood player for life.

He also has to consider whether he wants to stay at a powerful club that will be a premiership contender for the next four of five years,or go to a club with no football culture at all that will struggle for years to come.

When he weighs up all of those factors,it's pretty clear that it's in his best interests to stay at Collingwood.He also has to consider whether or not he wants to be coached by an absolute nutter like Kevin Sheedy.That factor alone should be enough to dissuade him from going to Sydney.
Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 7:54 pm

What'sinaname wrote:
I'd say he's more likely that Pendles who is a key part of the leadership group.

That said, we sign both, then we probably lose Blair and Sidey.

a better outcome than losing Pendles and Daisy. Youre comparing two Porsches to a Commodore (Blair solid) and an Audi (Sidey very very good but not quite a Porsche)

richo 

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:23 pm

This reminds me of a thread called "Swan gorn? Already committed to GWS?". How did that turn out?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Player Forums All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 19, 20, 21  Next
Page 13 of 21   

Jump to: