Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

#30 Darcy Moore

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Quincy 

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2022 2:55 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Big T wrote:
Two points.

1. Everyone says we r missing Dean like he is Presti. He is an untried rookie pick.

2. Moore is on a massive contract as a defender but we r excusing him as he is not able to defend, as his natural style in basically an unaccountable interceptor. Such a player shouldn't cost the earth.

Personally I believe other teams have worked him out this year after sucking us into paying overs..

They may have done homework on him but it is doubtful clubs would try to suck another club into paying overs but ultimately it is Wright's call what we re-sign him for. In fact Wright is the type of bloke to let someone walk if they hold us to ransom. Also at other clubs those that had good midfields he would play better. It would not be easy playing as a defender with us because we let the opposition run freely out of the middle and are not putting enough pressure on around the ground.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2022 4:24 pm

DARCY is copping a hiding in the footy media, and i guess he is badly out of form. Why not roll the dice, if finally, Roughie comes back this week, why not put Moore up forward, do it one minute before the bounce, and take the Dogs by surprise. He can play forward, free him up a bit, get his confidence back, take a few grabs, not under the pressure to constantly mind his man, get his mojo back up forward, confidence back, it might just work wonders for him and for the team too.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Ronnie McKeowns boots 

Ronnie Mckeowns boots

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2022 4:33 pm

David wrote:
Don’t know if this is a dumb suggestion, but I wonder if the better tactic yesterday might have been to play Madgen (who is good at keeping up with forwards, even if he gets beaten one on one) on Lynch, play Howe on Riewoldt and leave Moore stationed on a lesser forward, but able to leave and come across as a third man to impact Lynch’s marking contests?

Makes sense to me David; I mean its hardly rocket science, blind Freddy could see we needed Madge in the team for the exact set up you describe. May not have worked I'll grant you, but surely more chance of coming up trumps than the plan we went with....
Big T 

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2022 4:52 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
DARCY is copping a hiding in the footy media, and i guess he is badly out of form. Why not roll the dice, if finally, Roughie comes back this week, why not put Moore up forward, do it one minute before the bounce, and take the Dogs by surprise. He can play forward, free him up a bit, get his confidence back, take a few grabs, not under the pressure to constantly mind his man, get his mojo back up forward, confidence back, it might just work wonders for him and for the team too.

Yep I can see McRae doing this.

Woods Capricorn

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2022 5:57 pm

Less is Moore.
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2022 6:29 pm

Big T wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:

Or he could play him at CHB where he has been an AA player.
We are averaging 90 points a game without him playing forward.
I would have thought he should still play where he is needed but just in a role he is more familiar with.
Uncle Jack Virgo

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2022 12:39 am

Big T wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:

From memory kicked 5 against the Bulldogs in his early days
themonk 

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2022 7:29 am

Pies2016 wrote:
Big T wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:

Or he could play him at CHB where he has been an AA player.
We are averaging 90 points a game without him playing forward.
I would have thought he should still play where he is needed but just in a role he is more familiar with.

Agree, Darcy is not a lockdown defender, he is an intercept, rebound type and best at it.

Unfortunately we only have 1 key lockdown defender, Roughie.
piffdog 

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2022 9:55 am

I think he missed having Madgen in the team and it took him the first half to realise he couldn't float around and be the third man at the contest. Unfortunately for him there's not to many other positions on the field where it is so obvious when you are having a poor game. Appeared to be much better in the second hald (or at least Lynch was quieter...).
Lazza 

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2022 9:59 am

^^^^

Yep I hope the Magden haters here took note of that. He is a really useful ally in defence to run the ball out in conjunction with Noble. A vital component of our game plan to build attacks from the half back flanks.

David Libra

to wish impossible things

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2022 10:32 am

Piesnchess wrote:

I don't think Roughead is back until week after next at the earliest. Also don't think playing Moore up forward (an experiment that's mostly failed in the past) is going to help him with his confidence as a defender. He knows what he needs to do and how to do it, so we just need to give him enough support to put it into action. Having Roughead back down there when he comes back will certainly help.

inxs88 

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2022 11:43 am

Sorry, but with Roughead out, Dean injured and Kelly being allergic to AFL we CANNOT HAVE 2 INTERCEPTING DEFENDERS. Pick one Leppitsch!
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2022 2:34 pm

Lazza wrote:
^^^^

Yep I hope the Magden haters here took note of that. He is a really useful ally in defence to run the ball out in conjunction with Noble. A vital component of our game plan to build attacks from the half back flanks.

Not such a vital component of the game plan that the Coach thought it necessary to select him, of course. Laughing

I don't think there are too many "Madgen [!] haters" on Nick's. He seems to be almost universally admired for his effort, desire and hard work.

Some people don't think he's much of a footballer. That doesn't make them "haters" - it's just an opinion. Any more than, say, the Coach dropping him after his game against the Gold Coast makes the Coach a "Madgen hater".

I think most people admire Noble and Madgen for their hard work and their obvious improvement. But I think we all know that if a young, fit Ben Reid and Heath Shaw joined the list, Noble and Madgen would both be out on their ear.
Lazza 

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2022 6:03 pm

If Phil Carman and Nathan Buckley were available, Heath Shaw and Ben Reid may not have got games 🙄 However Magden deserves his place in the team from the current players available.
And if a poster only has non stop criticism for Magden, they certainly don’t like him much.😕

Quincy 

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2022 7:49 pm

David wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:

I don't think Roughead is back until week after next at the earliest. Also don't think playing Moore up forward (an experiment that's mostly failed in the past) is going to help him with his confidence as a defender. He knows what he needs to do and how to do it, so we just need to give him enough support to put it into action. Having Roughead back down there when he comes back will certainly help.

Well as I heard them discussing on the radio today, when he played man on man in the last 1/4 he held his own. So he has capabilities but either Leppa stopped him playing the conventional way or he had a brain fade for a 1/2 and played dumb footy.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122  Next
Page 118 of 122   

Jump to: