Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Harry O

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MagpieMad Leo

One in, All in!!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 8:42 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

mudlark wrote:
Clemo wrote:
Underdog wrote:
Harry is a mentally ill person, & should not be playing any Footy until he sorts out his issues

The guy is clearly deranged

I hope he can get his shit together

I think Harry is a Princess playing the CFC & the Media for his own benefits

Read that as you will

Shocked Rolling Eyes

To add to Clemo's Shocked Rolling Eyes . VOMIT immediately ,springs to mind.
struth!
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 8:55 am

My gosh I am actually embarrassed by this thread. And I'm not easily embarrassed. The lack of compassion. I am flabbergasted. And quite disgusted at some of the comments. Thankfully the majority seem to have a sensitivity chip. The rest, well I feel for you, and hope it doesn't take something horrible to happen in your life to realize that people do indeed have demons, and deal with them in their own way.

Let us remember now the Harry we "know" and love on the field, the passion and sheer joy that over flowed the moment he kicked that goal in the replay. Harry has always worn his heart on his sleeve. Something we all love to see, wether it is in winning or showing the pain of loss.

You don't get to pick and choose. everyone has good and bad. the passion and drive that saw Harry willing to pay his own way when trying out for Collingwood in the first place, the care factor he has. That is also driving him now.

Dale Thomas put it well. If Harry's passion and caring too much about things is the worst fault, then we are doing pretty well.

He has given us plenty on the team. Plenty of moments to cheer about. And I personally have enjoyed his off field activites. His speeches etc on his blog, Harrys world, show there is a lot more to Harry.

Gees they can't win. The party boys get slogged for not caring, not seeming to care.

I hope to God nothing ever happens to Mr seemingly Perfect, the wonderful Pendles. This site will implode.

Everyone has demons. May your God help get you through yours.

Cheers Harry, get on the road to recovery, and come back.

I want to see the Predator burning up the field again.

Side by Side.

Brenny 

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:00 am

I'd expect Harry to be out for quite a while now.

This is just going to get harder for him.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/police-home-in-on-harry-over-murder-probe-20130710-2pozv.html

Poor sod. Can't imagine what he's going through.
Stupied 

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:10 am

Brenny wrote:
I'd expect Harry to be out for quite a while now.

This is just going to get harder for him.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/police-home-in-on-harry-over-murder-probe-20130710-2pozv.html

Poor sod. Can't imagine what he's going through.

I was wondering how long that would take to happen.
Brenny 

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:20 am

^ In all honesty, me too.
Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:27 am

Lets hope Harry can get on top of it all.

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
yin-YANG 

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:16 am

E wrote:
MOTR wrote:
Tannin wrote:
Why is is that the people who took a narrow, ignorant, racist view of the Adam Goodes affair are now the exact same ones hanging out to crucify Harry O? Makes you think, doesn't it.

Hopefully ignorance is the key word. At least ignorance is curable.

Ignorance is not curable. A doctor cannot cure a patient who doesnt believe that he is sick because the patient will never seek the treatment. it is the same with ignorance. Most ignorant people respond to their diagnosis by dismissing it as the "other guys problem". Hence the reason most ignorant people have described the Goodes and the Harry incidents as much ado about nothing and that each guy simply needs to hardenthefuckup!

Personally, i dont think this or the Goodes issue comes down to ignoirance in Australia because i actually think we, as australians are not ignorant. I think we are just at times a little insensitive to others who are different to us (and different comes in a multitide of guises - race, mental health, etc.). as i've shown through other OPs, australia is doing better than most other countries in this regard, but on the occassions when some poeple appear to you to be ignorant, I think they are just being insensitive.

I think ignorance is curable E... education and experiences in life can add to your appreciation of various subject matters...

Empathy however may be harder to 'teach' a person as evident by some posters here... although even a 'change of heart' can be achieved with an open attitude and awareness of our common ground and not focusing on differences.

blackandwhite4life Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:52 am

September Zeros wrote:
Beast wrote:
Carro wrote:
Nail hit on the head by Robbo

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/collingwood-defender-harry-obriens-serious-issues-cant-compromise-the-club/story-fndv8g1a-1226676621185

Outstanding piece from Robbo and basically mimics what I've been saying all along to a tee.

Unfortunately it will fall on deaf ears, the vocal majority are too busy being sanctimonious do-gooders (while abusing others for having a different opinion) to see the forest for the trees.

Or are they simply incapable of it?

Just because someone in media writes it doesn't mean you are both correct. Robbos back reeling to cover his arse.

True depression sufferers need understanding when they have a so called "outbursts" not ridicule. They need to be allowed to make mistakes, to act out, to vent. Similar to a drug addict or someone addicted to gambling these people often hurt the ones they love the most. What they all have in common is that they require help and a bit of understanding beast. The club seems to be able to offer Harry that, why can't you brother?

I understand this topic very intimately and i feel some of your comments have just gone too far beast. True mental illness is complex and without help, love and assistance many people with mental illness finish their stories in the obituaries. As a friend, lover, supporter you have a chance to help them write a different ending.

You may change your tune one day if your ever unlucky enough to lose someone close to you due to mental illness.

Your last line really cuts to the bone September Zeros.

Despite a lot of the tripe that has been written on here lately, there is enough understanding and sense and empathy from many of you Nicksters that give those of us who have suffered and are suffering, the strength and encouragement that goodwill will triumph; in both Harry's situation and others.

Well done guys!

Remember, even though our world is black and white, the world ain't always black and white.

3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:55 am

All the best to Harry O!

www.facebook/the hybernators
Neil Appleby Taurus

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 12:13 pm

This thread, like the Adam Goodes threads before it, highlights the importance of education in our country.

And it's not just about schooling. The astonishing rise of swaggering, entitled trolls in Nick's is not accidental; its caused by bad parenting. Run down state schools losing money to private schools doesn't help either, it gives rise to poor literacy and even poorer numeracy.

We're failing generation after generation: how else to explain the lack of thinking skills and empathy of Carro, Beast and Underdog?

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 12:17 pm

Underdog wrote:
Harry is a mentally ill person, & should not be playing any Footy until he sorts out his issues

The guy is clearly deranged

I hope he can get his shit together

I think Harry is a Princess playing the CFC & the Media for his own benefits

Read that as you will

Calling Harry deranged is a disgusting and pathetic thing to say, shame on you ! Harry needs help and support, not crap like that, you are way, way out of line. Exclamation Shocked Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 12:21 pm
Post subject: Re: YesReply with quote

Hiss wrote:
E wrote:
Hiss wrote:
The media are to blame for all this. They have placed so much stress on Harry and insist on these door stop interviews which cause him to make statements that should be kept private. Club has acted professionally in all this as well. Well done Ed. Well done Bucks.

Agree. I like that you can be critical of Bucks for things you dont agree with and then praise him for the good work. Its almost like you actually think.

I wish Jack Spain could learn from you great Hiss.

Great Hiss! Now that is a bit much. I stand by my support of Nathan Buckley. He will be one of the great coaches of all time. Our team need to be natured. He is blooding young stars of the future. He is supported by a great President who also has my full support. Side by Side.

Shocked Shocked OK OK, now where is the real Hiss, and what have you done with him Question Laughing

BUT, if its really you Hiss ol son, then well posted, well said, and good on you for saying it. ! Wink

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
uuuuu..... The LoneSTAR 

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 12:32 pm

I'm sure even the most cold hearted poster on Nicks wishes Harry all the best - Players welfare is paramount. Having said that, being so far removed from the situation personally, it's easy to turn your attention to how this effects the team & our run home to the finals.

Would love to know how The Club spin doctors are looking at this one?
Beast 

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 1:41 pm

David wrote:
Beast wrote:
Neil Appleby wrote:
Beast wrote:

And one doesn't need to be a doctor to give one a diagnosis of being a weak self-obsessed narcissist.

Not sure what planet you inhabit, but here on earth only clinical psychologists and psychiatrists are able to diagnose personality disorders such as narcissism. Wankers however are often known to big-note themselves by using such terms.

Free Country last I looked and I will diagnose anyone I want, whenever I want.

Yours is a gutless, sniping, mongoloid and sycophantic lemming.

Sorry mods but enough is enough, I wasn't brought up to turn the other cheek.

And those of us who disagree with you are equally entitled to reply to you. That's free speech in action.

Of course you, I don't ever remember being against it.

But expecting people like you to admit they were wrong after some facts come out is probably a bit too much to ask.

How is supporting Harry's claims of "the history of long and complicated sexual abuse" working out for you?

And I'm glad the Police are interviewing him about that murder, chances are Harry didn't see the shooter, going by his description of the incident, and this will be exposed as another lie.
All that will remain is the Doctor establishing he doesn't suffer from depression, I'm assuming he's going to be assessed right, right?

Oh and by the way, the Club is fuming at his impromptu door step interview extravaganza more than they were fuming about Swanny's,inteview and the players thought Harry acted like a complete dick but none of you have the gall to acknowledge it.
Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 2:09 pm

^ Notice the very clever strategy at work here. When caught red-handed spouting nasty "facts" which turn out to be completely without foundation, immediately start pretending that everyone else got it wrong. Do that very loud and do it for long enough, and - who knows? - some listeners might think there is something in it. If in doubt, make up a few extra false rumours to cover up your trail.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 12 of 14   

Jump to: