Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies pipped in thriller - All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SwansWay 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 11:28 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

It's an improvement on his limited set shots from his first season where they missed by a mile. Hitting the post means he's moving in the right direction Very Happy
magpieazza 

magpieazza

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 11:30 pm

Im very proud of the boys for their efforts.

I could watch that everyweek,

As far as Moore goes, if we can get 2 early picks for him in a trade next year I would jump at it

foreigner Aries

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 11:34 pm

magpieazza wrote:
Im very proud of the boys for their efforts.

I could watch that everyweek,

As far as Moore goes, if we can get 2 early picks for him in a trade next year I would jump at it

Agree, me too. But we need to start winning these close games to be a real contender. We tend to fade away in the dying minutes of most quarters. Need to learn and win the one percenters, especially put the games away when we get the chance. We are mentally not tough or strong enough for a premiership. We need to be ruthless to put teams away.

kymbo5@yahoo.com.au 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 11:36 pm

[/quote]

Here here. Bloody gutsy effort tonight.

Funny how you always hear the commentators saying how great Buddy is but never the fact that he is playing against a second string defense. If he is that bloody good he should have kicked 12 tonight.[/quote]

Yes, noticed the over the top admiration for Lance. When the game was on the line, he had 2 gettable shots at goal but missed them both. Not the stuff of the champion they make him out to be.

John LEWIN 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 11:40 pm

The defence was shot to pieces when Moore went off and was in dire straits even before then. Dunn Howe and Scharenberg gone, structure all gone with them plus experience nous and understanding. Much of our recent success has been built on defensive performance which has created a foundation for our scoring capabilities. Frankly I'm amazed we got to where we did. There was a ton of money for Sydney which would have been causing some real angst late in the game out in Sportsbet land. No point in worrying about the details, our fate has been in the medical room for weeks and won't be leaving that place soon either. With a fit team Sydney would have been consigned to the good old days when they always knew what would happen against Collingwood and everyone went to Sydney for a fun weekend and had a great laugh watching yet another drubbing of the so called "bloods". Realistically we can't stay in contention this year because of the losses and injures, so best to cop it and think about how to make the most of the rest of the season in the development of the team.
jatsad 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 11:41 pm

Cam wrote:
If Buddy had kicked straight the Swans would have won easily.
Shattered though, because if Sier had kept it in...Sidebottom...Cox... anyhow, gutsy, but I just hope we don't fall right away.

So you don't think Mayne and Cox missing 2 each counts?

bally12 Aquarius

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 11:42 pm

Hard to criticise the boys too much after our injury situation. Thought we should have brought Fas back tonight.
We needed to get the play opened up and create fast run, but sadly the game just becaome an ugly scrap on a toy-ground. I think we played too safe and with not enough boldness.

The good:
-------------------------
Grundy, Langdon, Adams, Sier, Crisp, our best.

The bad and the ordinary:
Madgen - competed well, but looks a bit slow to make it, especially for his height.

Murray, Sidey, Maynard, Phillips, Langdon, all had some forgettable moments under pressure.

C Brown is not up to the level. Jury is out whether he has the potential to make it, but he'd need a massive preseason next yeer. A couple of times today he needed to go but didn't.

Cox didn't play with the intensity required. Some really lame tackling efforts early.

Daics - doing ok, but not enough.

Greenwood - good competitor but just doesn't have enough class. He had an overlap runner on his left but he didn't give off, when he snapped that weak effort on goal.

Stevo - looks very tired. time for a rest. Give Fas a go.
jatsad 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 11:43 pm

lihei wrote:
Sidebottom for all his greatness is a halfwit. Cost us at the end.

They have to cut out his stupid, cute left foot dinky passes that ALWAYS costs us.

PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 11:43 pm

One factor that has stood out for me in recent weeks, is that the old adage that "big men don't get any smaller as the game goes on" is definitely true. Our really big man Mason always seems to come to the fore more and more as the game wears on. This week he took some excellent marks in the final quarter and we could have won the game off his boot. I'm definitely not heaping it on him because that would be totally unfair to one who has made such huge progress in a foreign game. Actually, the point I want to make is that I'm very glad he's part of our team, because he's such a definite plus for us in the final quarter of any game.

Last edited by PyreneesPie on Sat Aug 04, 2018 11:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 11:50 pm

bally12 wrote:
Hard to criticise the boys too much after our injury situation. Thought we should have brought Fas back tonight.
We needed to get the play opened up and create fast run, but sadly the game just becaome an ugly scrap on a toy-ground. I think we played too safe and with not enough boldness.

The good:
Grundy, Langdon, Adams, Sier, Crisp, our best.

The bad and the ordinary:
Madgen - competed well, but looks a bit slow to make it, especially for his height.

Murray, Sidey, Maynard, Phillips, Langdon, all had some forgettable moments under pressure.

C Brown is not up to the level. Jury is out whether he has the potential to make it, but he'd need a massive preseason next yeer. A couple of times today he needed to go but didn't.

Cox didn't play with the intensity required. Some really lame tackling efforts early.

Daics - doing ok, but not enough.

Greenwood - good competitor but just doesn't have enough class. He had an overlap runner on his left but he didn't give off, when he snapped that weak effort on goal.

Stevo - looks very tired. time for a rest. Give Fas a go.

Agree fully with the notion of including Fas for this game. He's been progressing well in the VFL and would have been so hungry to do well tonight. I'm amazed that Stevo has stayed the distance for such a young player and agree that he needed a rest this week. All very easy to say after the fact of course. Smile
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 11:55 pm

Redlight wrote:
The problem is that we've had an injury profile like this for years, how can we assume that next year will be any different?

I agree. Injuries have crucified us for years. I remember about 3 or 4 years ago, playing Brisbane Lions when Crisp was still a Lion, and we were similarly decimated by injuries. Crispie starred against us! I think that we urgently need to bring in medical experts and sports scientists to investigate our injury curse. Years upon years of this injury catastrophe requires a response. I think that this year has been a brilliant one in terms of a transformation in playing style and the team solidarity. But injuries have eclipsed our season. So the number one priority over the summer has to be to discover the reasons: is it the training load/training regime? Is it flaws in conditioning? Is it that our training surface is too hard? Find out the reasons, and there is no holding us back.

Mugwump 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 11:56 pm

PyreneesPie wrote:
One factor that has stood out for me in recent weeks, is that the old adage that "big men don't get any smaller as the game goes on" is definitely true. Our really big man Mason always seems to come to the fore more and more as the game wears on. This week he took some excellent marks in the final quarter and we could have won the game off his boot. I'm definitely not heaping it on him because that would be totally unfair to one who has made such huge progress in a foreign game. Actually, the point I want to make is that I'm very glad he's part of our team, because he's such a definite plus for us in the final quarter of any game.

Yeah, how menacing would he be in the final quarter of a GF.

burnsy17 Virgo

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 12:18 am
Post subject: StevoReply with quote

Needs a break. Rest him this week before we break him too.
Streak Pisces

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 12:33 am

Buddy was just one of a thousand cuts that lost us the game. 10% fewer turnovers and we win (for example).

But valiant effort - we played a 2017 game today. Plenty of good performances, plenty of disappointing moments. Not the end of the world, we will probably still make finals, but I find it hard to imagine how we win a flag when our infirmary has a waiting list.

One thing I couldn’t keep from noticing, though, is the amount of times Grundy just slams the ball on the boot, no-look, and belts it forward. The majority of his foot disposal is untargeted. I am of the opinion he’s one of the best players in the game, but is that what we want from him? Is that what the coaching staff is asking of him?
K 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 12:37 am

^ Not what was needed at the final centre bounce. That was always going to go to an opponent. They are supposed to practise this stuff (both as the defending and attacking team) at training.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 11 of 16   

Jump to: