Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

A Teen Footy Chat Forum???

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nikki 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2000 9:23 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm in that sounds a good idea

------------------
GO THE MIGHTY PIES
SAV & ANTHONY LEGENDS FOREVER!!!
GO ROGAN, JOSH YOUR MY HERO..

Broadie 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2000 9:38 am

One insulting remark and all of a sudden its' "can we have our own forum?"

If you want your views to be respected regardless of your age(which they should be), then you shouldn't be concerned about a "teen-only" forum.

Geez, if all those who'd been injsulted here asked for their own forum there'd be about 50 forums - most of them containing Alf!

I'm sure I speak for most of us "non-teens" when I say (as I've said before) that views are not to be judged based on age, so long as they are footy-related.
Nick 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2000 9:59 am

I'm sorry, I don't understand the criticism. The forum has absolutely no effect at all on the way the Bulletin Board runs and it doesn't affect anyone other than those who use it - so what's the problem? Or is this just more of 'you don't do what I do or what I approve of so you must be different so I must criticise you'? Very strange.

CQ 

ambitious that

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2000 10:07 am

anyway if you arent a teen (cj and broadie) what do you care if we have our own forum??? if you get so pissed off with what our opinions are then you should be happy that we are getting our own one, then us RUGRATS dont have to inundate you with our petty tales that all you OLDER WISER people have already told 10 years ago. it has nothing to do with you so why involve yourselves?
CJ 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2000 11:01 am

Bloody hell, I can't believe any of you actually tock offence by me calling you rugrats!! SHIT, can't you lot take a joke!!!!

But then again, if you lot are so "short minded", then maybe the bloody forum is a good idea!!!!!!

Spidergirl 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2000 11:03 am

A teeny bopper forum hahahaha how gay but yeah put me in. After all i dont wanna miss out on any more fights on here now do I. I mean look already world war 3 has broken out over just the idea of this. Hey what about our groupie forum we want our footyslut forum with no teenies allowed right cq, Ren, Mavro, Piegal etc. 16 - 18 year olds only and it can be extended Cq when u turn 19 hehe!

Anyway Magpiera i guess it is a good idea coz look how cut they got when we mentioned about killing our school co-ordinators 'oh footy chat only please' how tightassed!

#8 RoCkS
Go RiCkY!

Spidergirl 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2000 11:13 am

ow my gawd i fur got to ask can Britney Speers, Bardot and The Spice Girls join in on our teeny bopper chat too oh and Hanson how could i foget them they r just sooo cute ahahahaha!

#8 RoCkS
Go RiCkY!

CJ 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2000 11:27 am

Be careful what you say spidergirl, some of the RUGRATS will take offence!!

[This message has been edited by CJ (edited 22 August 2000).]

London Dave Aquarius

Ješte jedna pivo prosím

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2000 11:32 am

I have no problem with the teenies making comments. Their views are just as valid as anyone's (except Larry and his ilk). Don't hide away. Why one would take offence at comments flying round here bothers me. Seems like perhaps you are a little thin skinned. (Can't wait for flak over this one)

You made the offer Nick and fair enough, but it still strikes me as a little clique. (Must be cos I been out of Oz too long, stuck in the strictly class regimented society over here. The boys at my gentlemens club (Boodle's) would choke on their G&T's if they knew I was for a 'classless society'!!!)
Nick 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2000 1:11 pm

The reasons for the forum don't bother me Dave. I've often said if anyone wants a new forum and can find support for it, then I'll provide it. Magpiera wanted a forum and satisfied the conditions, so I provided it.

What noone's been able to explain is why he's being criticised for wanting it. He may be thin skinned, he may want the power trip - I don't know or care. What I do know is that the facility is there and if someone wants to make use of it, they're welcome.

Obviously if Alf swamps me with 50 legitimate requests for forums I'll have to change the rules - I'm nothing if not flexible
AlfAndrews 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2000 3:07 pm

Hey, I want a whingeing old bastards forum. Nobody under 40. Nobody who believes Collingwood will ever win another game. And nobody who doesn't think football these days is a bloody rip-off.

Anyone who says anything positive will be banned forever.

------------------
**floreat pica**

Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2000 3:21 pm

We are going to win the Premiership next year...hehe

But I have to ask, why are we having a seperate forum? Did I miss out on something here? Was there some argument or something? I say go for it, however I like to state my opinions and have them heard by everybody, even the "oldies" .
Broadie 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2000 1:25 am

Sorry that some of you feel that way.

You seem to have misunderstood me completely.

The point I was trying to make is that you ARE welcome on the general site and that I WOULD like to read / hear your opinions - the ONLY thing I've objected to is when some ppl complained about their co-ordinators at length, not just in 1 or 2 posts.

I quite enjoy the dialogue with you (meaning EVERYONE) regardless of age, gender etc and don't want to be cut off from your opinions / insights simply because of age.

At least Nick has left this forum on the mailing list so I can still read your thoughts, if not reply / contribute to discussions. Thanks Nick.
Nick 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2000 1:55 am

You ever get that nagging feeling that you've forgotten to do something?...thanks Broadie

I don't think any of the teen forum users intend to abandon the rest of the board, it's just a place to go to chat about things that wouldn't interest the users of other forums. I haven't noticed any victimisation of teens on this bb, but Magpiera obviously has and decided to do something about it. As I said before, he complied with the conditions and was given his forum. Nobody has questioned the Chicks' Channel and the only difference is that that it is public - although if you post in there and you're not a chick, you'll soon be reminded about where you are.
CQ 

ambitious that

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2000 6:37 am

yeah spidergirl i reckon we should have forum just for us and if we need 5 members to support it well count me and ren and mavro in
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5   

Jump to: