Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

The karate kick “mark”

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:14 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

What annoys me is that no one has called it for what it really is. It’s a very cowardly act when you are prepared to stick a foot out because you don’t want to take the impact that comes with a marking contest.
Nobody else does it because everyone else plays the game in right spirit.
Make a the ball your sole objective and take the knocks that come with it.
He could easily lacerate a nad with that action. It should have been outlawed after the Dahlhaus incident and he did it three times in the Swans game.
I’m filthy on it.
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:21 am

He,s a serial offender and until someone action taken will be IMO a repeat offender

Mayne copped a face full of Sherrin but tell ya if he or another Pie cops a face full of Toby Boot I’ll b filthy

It’s dangerous play (there’s a term for it when awarding free,s ❓)

Hard one —report him and very least fine heavily

SwansWay 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:42 am

BazBoy wrote:
He,s a serial offender and until someone action taken will be IMO a repeat offender

Mayne copped a face full of Sherrin but tell ya if he or another Pie cops a face full of Toby Boot I’ll b filthy

It’s dangerous play (there’s a term for it when awarding free,s ❓)

Hard one —report him and very least fine heavily

Couldn't it be likened to Sam Mitchell's tactic of kneeing people in the groin or thigh that caused a stir some years back. Tex spent time on the sidelines as did Fyfe from memory.

Tex Walker incident:

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/teams/hawthorn/sam-mitchell-says-he-did-not-intend-to-injure-taylor-walker-in-hawthorns-win-over-adelaide/news-story/ddd04515455fa6dbe81c493f52732c6e

Ryan Griffen incident:

https://www.foxsports.com.au/news/video-sam-mitchell-knees-ryan-griffen-off-the-ball-in-third-incident-revealed-on-fox-footys-afl-360/news-story/446a0eeedf47db91b3b2dc66f578a778

Fyfe incident:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56HZR23NN18
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:46 am

With the Mitchell thing the game in modern times has these sly characters
and BoringThorn had Mitchell and Hodge
Likewise Joel Selwood at the Cattery (clean that up) and muppets they aspire to be media seem to fawn over them

Yesterday year these sneaky pr-*”+cks would cop a Weid wack or a Tuddy Thump

That would pull em right up

Albert Parker 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:33 pm

Jarrod Waite was an exponent of this marking style. Brad Scott said he coached it out of him as it was inappropriate.
courtza 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 7:22 pm

Blatantly kicking someone with your sprigs up is not defence, it's a total dog act.

It used to be Waite but now Greene has it taken to a whole new level.
woodys_world69 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 7:07 am

This is 2018. They have rules to protect the forward from front on contact in a marking contest. There is no need to stick the boot out... just jump up with the knee and earn the free kick
Lone Ranger 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:24 am

When you are going for a mark and your knee/foot makes contact incidentally to going for the mark, thats allowed.
If you havent even started the marking attempy, ie foot is still on the ground, and you just thrust your foot at someone, that is kicking.

It should have been a free kick, and reported for kicking.
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 12:26 pm

There are several of these oxygen thieves in our game committing acts of gutless behaviour under the cloak of modern era of perceived decent football

They do it and like Toby smirk —well a Banks or a Craig Kelly era if we could arrange a time trip back would have Toby’s boot turned into a suppository

For mine their not tough their cowardly

piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 6:42 pm

BazBoy wrote:
There are several of these oxygen thieves in our game committing acts of gutless behaviour under the cloak of modern era of perceived decent football

They do it and like Toby smirk —well a Banks or a Craig Kelly era if we could arrange a time trip back would have Toby’s boot turned into a suppository

For mine their not tough their cowardly

Exactly; try that stunt on Banks or Kelly back in the day, and your foot would soon be facing a direction it wasn't supposed to...

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 6:44 pm

We have never talked about it before.
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:07 am

I'm amazed something wasn't done about it last year after he kicked Dahlhaus in the face.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mo2XqCq8ZMg

K 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:17 am

K (13/8/17) wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
If Greene gets suspended, for marking the ball, and accidentally hitting an opponent in the head with his boot, the game may aswell be friggin Basketball too. Surprised

Accidentally my arse! He deliberately kicked Dalhaus in the face. He should be rubbed out for 6 weeks.

Check the vision, hes looking straight at the ball,not at his Opponent, he will get off. Just on Greene, id love him at the Pies, we have not had a tough guy in years and years.

Yes, but wouldn't he have known where his opponent was, anyway (i.e. right in his field of vision)?

The first half of his action seems more defensible than the second half. It starts off as a normal football action (players lift their knees and legs all the time), but once he extends at the knee it becomes less normal (a kick). Players don't usually straighten the leg at the knee joint when they're going for a high ball, I think. And when he then pivots on (and pushes off) Dalhaus's face, it's probably turned into a kungfu kick. That is not a football action (as P. Roos apparently commented).
K 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:28 am

This shot is kind of interesting... It looks like the studs are up really early. Who has their ankle joint "cocked" like that?

BTW this image is from the AFL 2nd-semi preview page, and the caption begins, "Forget the controversy, ..." Wink
K 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:13 pm

"COLLINGWOOD midfielder Taylor Adams has played down a fiery clash with former teammate Toby Greene during Saturday night's semi-final at the MCG.

Adams exchanged tense words with Greene after the final siren, with the pair already clashing on numerous occasions throughout Collingwood's thrilling 10-point win.

Greene was later fined $2500 for striking Adams during the second quarter, while the Magpies midfielder was also forced to fork out $2500 for his part in a half-time melee."

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-09-17/pie-hoses-down-clash-with-one-of-his-best-mates

I don't recall seeing this...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3   

Jump to: