Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Social Club membership changes

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 7:01 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

The credit card I paid my legends membership with expired. I got a renewal notice in the mail and a phone call about the expired credit card, but no email about changes Confused

I'll have to wait til I get a new card, they can wait.

Member 7167 Leo

"What Good Fortune For Governments That The People Do Not Think" - Adolf Hitler.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 7:42 pm

Lone Ranger wrote:
What does this mean for access to GF tickets?
Will that now be based on level of membership or all SC members?

Not that we have to worry about that in the near future
Laughing

I do not think it will change. In the past the Legends and higher memberships were guaranteed access to a GF ticket based upon registration with the ticket vendor during the final series. Captains members absorbed what was left based upon a ballet system

Dark Beanie Gemini

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:31 pm

Magpiefan3 wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
I'm totally confused - something which aint hard to do to me these days I guess.

I received my renewal notice today. I've been a social club member for 38 yrs, and am currently a Legends member. Does the new system mean that if I simply renew my membership, then I will retain my reserved seat etc, but cease to be a social club member, UNLESS I pay an additional $100 and tick an add on? WTF??? Confused

I am in the same boat as you!

Same here but Captains members.
If you have to pay extra for Social Club then there will be plenty of pissed off people. Will wait to see what the packages are on the website, supposed to be up on the 9th October.

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:55 pm

Magpiefan3 wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
I'm totally confused - something which aint hard to do to me these days I guess.

I received my renewal notice today. I've been a social club member for 38 yrs, and am currently a Legends member. Does the new system mean that if I simply renew my membership, then I will retain my reserved seat etc, but cease to be a social club member, UNLESS I pay an additional $100 and tick an add on? WTF??? Confused

I am in the same boat as you!

Same here as a legends member.

I still haven't any membership renewal notices yet.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 11:21 pm

Mine came today, haven’t read it yet!
stoliboy Cancer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:56 pm

OK so I called the Club and asked about the changes to the Social Club memberships.

Social Club membership are now an "add on product". In previous years Social Club membership was part of the membership, but they have been broken up.

2017 I was an Interstate Social Club member.

2018 cost will look like this:

- General Interstate membership - $65 (5 home games in Melbourne + 1 game in home state)
- Social Club Membership - $100
- TOTAL: $165

I get to keep my Social Club number.

In terms of Social Club voting at AGM: All Over 18, Club 5, legends, MCG Legends, Captains, and Social Club have voting rights at AGM.

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 1:21 pm

The club emailed me just now clarifying the situation. I'm a legends member for context.

Quote:
Hi,

You may have recently received your membership renewal form, and had some confusion around your Social Club access.

We want to clear that up for you.

In 2018 your membership will still automatically include access to the Social Club.

That means you do not need to purchase the additional add-on product as outlined on your form, and none of your existing benefits will be compromised.

Improving the Game Day experience is a priority to the club, and the addition of a Social Club Add-On now gives more members the chance to take part in all that it has to offer.

From enjoying a beverage in the facilities at the ‘G and Etihad Stadium, to soaking up the passion of the Magpie Army in The Glasshouse at the Holden Centre pre-game, the Social Club is an experience like no other.

We hope this opportunity will encourage a greater range of strong and spirited members to join the Social Club, ready to cheer on the black and white with you in 2018.

For any questions regarding the changes to Social Club membership in 2018, please contact Collingwood Membership Services on 1300 MAGPIE (1300 62 47 43) during business hours, or email membership@collingwoodfc.com.au

Member 7167 Leo

"What Good Fortune For Governments That The People Do Not Think" - Adolf Hitler.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 1:30 pm
Post subject: Re: YesReply with quote

Hiss wrote:
Looking forward to upgrading our pet memberships so they can vote!

As long as they attend the AGM, can put their HAND up, are 18 years of age and satisfy entry requirements you should be ok. Cool

Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:05 pm

stoliboy wrote:
OK so I called the Club and asked about the changes to the Social Club memberships.

Social Club membership are now an "add on product". In previous years Social Club membership was part of the membership, but they have been broken up.

2017 I was an Interstate Social Club member.

2018 cost will look like this:

- General Interstate membership - $65 (5 home games in Melbourne + 1 game in home state)
- Social Club Membership - $100
- TOTAL: $165

I get to keep my Social Club number.

In terms of Social Club voting at AGM: All Over 18, Club 5, legends, MCG Legends, Captains, and Social Club have voting rights at AGM.

That's heaps cheaper than the $250 (I think) we've been paying!

ozybelle 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:08 pm
Post subject: opted outReply with quote

2 of us have opted out of Legends membership
Will buy a 3 or 4 game membership for about $95 and pay upfront for any other games during the year
Will spend more time at the VFL as well
Dark Beanie Gemini

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:14 pm

Received an email saying that my Captains membership will include Social club as it has before.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2   

Jump to: