Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thompsoc 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 9:01 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

think positive wrote:
Krakouer Magic wrote:
Jezza wrote:
1). Nothing to play for tonight with both sides not playing finals this year. Merely a good hit out more than anything else.

2). Played at Etihad rather than the MCG.

3). Cold and wet night kept some people away.

These are three main reasons for the low crowd in my opinion.

Seriously?

Reason 1 I'll agree with that. But 2 and 3 contradict themselves. Played at Etihad under a roof so the cold and wet night isn't as much of a factor.

Face it, the majority are feed up with the coach and his excuses. And I'm sure the majority have had a gutful of pert too. In preseason, pert said were finals bound in 14,15 and 16.

Now Nathan guarentees the "sweet spot" is from 2017 to 2022... Talk about moving the goal posts to suit your agenda

Actually they don't

I know shitloads of people who don't go to Etihad because they hate the atmosphere. And those same people have happily sat in the cold and sleet rain at the MCG. Not to mention the quagmire of the car park!

It wasn't just freezing last night, it was bloody boring! More than once I lost track of play and had no idea what was going on! It was so quiet I almost laid down on the seats for a nap! And you still had to walk back to the car, only light rain but still....

But yeah the crowd stayed away because we are God awful to watch right now. Last night was two teams zoning off, playing kick to kick. I'm surprised someone got stretchered off it was so soccer like! I missed that bit, I was thinking about getting my eyebrows waxed!

Yes TP it was boring.
I actually turned the channel over to the rugby at one stage.
But the Aussies were getting thrashed again
so it was back to the footy.
I always record the game for playback but I probably
won't watch this again.
The Pies did well with their game.
So I can't fault us but the Suns were pathetic.

John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 9:08 am

Culprit wrote:
Members/Supporters have been voting with their feet regrading Shitihad stadium for years and the AFL and the Club simply ignore that fact. The AFL try to make some dollars playing a "well supported club" there. It has been an absolute failure this year and I am loving it. In my view the Caterers who pay big dollars for the catering rights should be seeking a renegotiation of the contract. In saying that the Dogs and Roos have been getting bums on seats because they win more than lose and that offsets the loss of bums from our games. Add The current form of the Pies and that of the opposition and basically it was a nothing game, I would suggest it was a good crowd.

Nothing will change as the AFL and the Club treat it's members and supporters with disdain as they try to turn our game into a TV game like the NRL.

there's an agreement that 45 games a year have to be played there. this means the victorian clubs who are tenanted elsewhere have to fill the breach esp when rancid clubs like carlton play at the mcg this year and the welfare play a game at ballarat next year. .

this week, the herald-sun published membership figures for this year and collingwood has 75k. there was no breakdown of the composition of the numbers.

woodys_world69 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 9:23 am

i mean that last quarter effort from the pies was worth the price of admission.

What other team in the AFL would kick 9 behinds straight and no goals.

I mean dont u have to actually try to be that bad? Smile
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 9:26 am

John Wren wrote:
Culprit wrote:
Members/Supporters have been voting with their feet regrading Shitihad stadium for years and the AFL and the Club simply ignore that fact. The AFL try to make some dollars playing a "well supported club" there. It has been an absolute failure this year and I am loving it. In my view the Caterers who pay big dollars for the catering rights should be seeking a renegotiation of the contract. In saying that the Dogs and Roos have been getting bums on seats because they win more than lose and that offsets the loss of bums from our games. Add The current form of the Pies and that of the opposition and basically it was a nothing game, I would suggest it was a good crowd.

Nothing will change as the AFL and the Club treat it's members and supporters with disdain as they try to turn our game into a TV game like the NRL.

there's an agreement that 45 games a year have to be played there. this means the victorian clubs who are tenanted elsewhere have to fill the breach esp when rancid clubs like carlton play at the mcg this year and the welfare play a game at ballarat next year. .

this week, the herald-sun published membership figures for this year and collingwood has 75k. there was no breakdown of the composition of the numbers.
Money will be the deciding factor. The cost of having us there will not be covered by under 20k and I would suggest they may rethink the allocation and schedule a few matches at Vic park. One thing for sure there will be cheap Pies on sale today. 75k membership? I suggest we have two sets of books and fantastic data manipulators. We will know the true facts when the financial results are revealed.
Stinger 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 10:00 am

woodys_world69 wrote:
i mean that last quarter effort from the pies was worth the price of admission.

What other team in the AFL would kick 9 behinds straight and no goals.

I mean dont u have to actually try to be that bad? Smile

I switched over to the Adelaide v Port games for 5mins after our game finished. I actually saw a tackle and a goal!
Magpiefan3 Cancer

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 10:48 am

John Wren wrote:
Culprit wrote:

Do you have a link for the membership figures for this year?

2017-2019 Player Sponsor for Lynden Dunn
perthmagpie Aries

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 11:05 am

Nothing has changed with membership. Same as every year. $50 is the criteria. Apart from West Coat members who must all buy a set we will have the highest revenue per member and nearly double that of Hawks and Tigers (Hawks with Tas members and Tigers double counting with Social club members). But I agree the Club needs to look on the way up and sell hope. Which are not doing. Crowds will dwindle till we look exciting again.
inxs88 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 11:43 am

My stance is that if you live within 100km "TURN UP" every week. Reckon if its was for a place in the 8 or top 4, the chardonnay set or flighty fans would have turned up!
Cakewalk 

For a minute there I lost myself , I lost myself

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 11:48 am

This year we have had our 2 lowest crowds by a long way.

Since moving out of Vic Park our base at its lowest for games was late 20s early 30s.

It demonstrates to me a large chunk of our supporter base are making a statement.

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 12:11 pm

Cakewalk wrote:

Since moving out of Vic Park our base at its lowest for games was late 20s early 30s.

It demonstrates to me a large chunk of our supporter base are making a statement.

Absolutely. Suggestions to the effect that so many of the supporters are staying away because they are somehow defective as supporters just miss the point completely. Marketing 101 says that the Club is selling a product that no-one much wants.
mandy Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 12:13 pm

I go to most games at the MCG and sometimes interstate too. Regardless of how we're travelling, I never go to Etihad. I hate it.

I went to the VFL instead.

#SIDEBYSIDE
SteveH67 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 12:56 pm

i flew down from Canberra for the game.

1st half was good, 2nd half summed up our crap season.

Doc63 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 2:17 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
Cakewalk wrote:

Absolutely. Suggestions to the effect that so many of the supporters are staying away because they are somehow defective as supporters just miss the point completely. Marketing 101 says that the Club is selling a product that no-one much wants.

Exactly right. I actually pulled the pin on attending matches this year half way through the third quarter of the North game. Walked out and haven't been back since.

Even when we win, we are virtually unwatchable.

I'll re-new again for next year, and look forward to us playing a brand of footy worth watching again, which will be the week after he is sacked.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 3:20 pm

Doc63 wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:
Cakewalk wrote:

Exactly right. I actually pulled the pin on attending matches this year half way through the third quarter of the North game. Walked out and haven't been back since.

I'll re-new again for next year, and look forward to us playing a brand of footy worth watching again, which will be the week after he is sacked.

Spot on

Time with my. Daughter is keeping me there right now, I almost fell asleep last night! And soooo looking forward to the belting this week! I've booked parking!

Doc63 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 3:26 pm

think positive wrote:
Doc63 wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:
Cakewalk wrote:

Spot on

Time with my. Daughter is keeping me there right now, I almost fell asleep last night! And soooo looking forward to the belting this week! I've booked parking!

LOL!!
Cant you just take her to a movie or something? Maybe just go home after Swanny's lap?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5   

Jump to: