Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

KPF's

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
droversdog65 

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 8:14 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed on Abbott, has the tools and the frame - but can he get fit enough to make it count??

Hope so coz if he can . . . WOW
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 9:32 pm

droversdog65 wrote:
Agreed on Abbott, has the tools and the frame - but can he get fit enough to make it count??

Hope so coz if he can . . . WOW

As JW has said, it may be that he needs this year to get fit enough, but certainly by next season we should have a genuine weapon available up forward.
cressyg 

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 10:14 pm

Abbott looks special but he is not a KPF. Moore is 12+ months off being a KPF. We have limited options available for KPF with Cloke, White and Gault. Hence they will continue to get games for playing poorly. Furthermore there is a dearth of KPFs generally. Other than Hogan coming out of contract at season's end theres not much else. Apparently, there is not many key forwards in this years draft Hell will freeze over before Carlton ever contemplates trading Henderson to us.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 10:42 pm

cressyg wrote:
Abbott looks special but he is not a KPF. Moore is 12+ months off being a KPF. We have limited options available for KPF with Cloke, White and Gault. Hence they will continue to get games for playing poorly. Furthermore there is a dearth of KPFs generally. Other than Hogan coming out of contract at season's end theres not much else. Apparently, there is not many key forwards in this years draft Hell will freeze over before Carlton ever contemplates trading Henderson to us.

Our other KPP is Reid, who is due to play VFL this week. By the second half of the season we might even see Reid playing on the forward line.
droversdog65 

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 7:12 am

Rude I'm afraid of lost faith in Reid remaining fit, he's just too fragile below the hips now. Every game we get out of him is a bonus from here on for me.

Another thread is discussing luring Dixon from the Suns - could be worse options.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 10:23 am

RudeBoy wrote:
cressyg wrote:

Our other KPP is Reid, who is due to play VFL this week. By the second half of the season we might even see Reid playing on the forward line.

I can't believe how many posters so willingly throw Reid out with the trash. Kid has so much talent and has just turned 26. Happy for him to take as much time as he needs to get the body right. Hopefully he's back at senior level toward the end of the season.
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 10:45 am

RudeBoy wrote:
cressyg wrote:

i believe reid was very close to returning last weekend but the club wanted to give him one more week off. the upcoming vfl bye will stunt continuity but i reckon we could see him back at afl level early in the second half of the season. i don't think he will be played as a forward. he will shore up our backline immensely.

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 10:58 am

John Wren wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
cressyg wrote:

i believe reid was very close to returning last weekend but the club wanted to give him one more week off. the upcoming vfl bye will stunt continuity but i reckon we could see him back at afl level early in the second half of the season. i don't think he will be played as a forward. he will shore up our backline immensely.

I guess if Reid is played down back, we might get to see Langdon moved up forward.
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 11:11 am

on friday night langdon seemed to drift forward to the point he was having shots on goal.
roar 

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 12:28 pm

John Wren wrote:
i don't think he will be played as a forward. he will shore up our backline immensely.

Our backline is fine - it's our forward line that is screaming out for a decent KPP. I'd play him forward when (if) he's right to go.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2   

Jump to: