Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Memo to Collie Dog and Other Nick's Trolls

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 10:24 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

He's all bang, no Buck.

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
Darkstranger 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 10:27 pm

Again a legitimate thread is derailed by nonsense, can everyone please stick to the topic, this is really starting to be another BF forum!

On another note BIG COX LANDS ON OUR SHORES NEXT WEEK!
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 10:31 pm

collie dog wrote:
...Nick's has devolved into a religious war where facts are completely irrelevant to people. Hate feeds hate. I'm over it like I am over this season.

the irony. facts are often lost on you.

MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 10:41 pm

collie dog wrote:
think positive wrote:
Cheers Neil, side by side all the way

And collie, if your not Jack, that's a shame, cos I sure miss him

Xxx

Well I'm not him, although like you I do miss Jack as well.

I also miss the euphoria I felt when I joined Nick's in 2010. Everyone was so happy and I recall Jack was one of the most positive posters. to ask ourselves why Nick's has devolved into a religious war where facts are completely irrelevant to people. Hate feeds hate. I'm over it like I am over this season.

Don't post that often but love the emotional side of Nicks and appreciate hearing both sides of the coin, because we all love Coolingwood. I love Bucks the player, but just not impressed with Bucks the coach, but nothing would please me more than being proved wrong. While my gut feel is that the path we are going down is going to end in disaster, nice that a few of us are staying loyal to his coaching. He deserves as much from the supporters considering how much he has bled for the club.
Mugwump 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 10:54 pm

He talks beautifully, and his beliefs are very sound. He should be able to inspire a team. Unfortunately we are yet to see the words translated into a coherent football side that looks as though it knows what it is doing. Into the void between words and evidence, we can only insert our feelings - either this squad is very young and will improve significantly, and the coach has the right approach but cannot cover the inexperience - or he is unable to develop a system that maximises the impact of the resources he has at his disposal. I tend to the latter, but could be wrong.

I think we should be humble enough to admit that the truth is unknowable. Time is the only ingredient that can turn uncertainty into evidence, and we need to let him have until end 2015 and then form a view.

E 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 11:07 pm

Big T wrote:
I may be predominantly negative about the club of late, but I am not a Buckley hater and never have been. Check your facts jackass.

ok something is going seriously wrong here.

First, I want to throw my full support behind Big T. If he has posted negative posts about Collingwood (or any part thereof), it is the expression of a specific opinion and NOT, repeat NOT, just hating on Collingwood. He's been here long enough and posted enough pro Collingwood, passionate Collingwood and balanced Collingwood to have earned the right to make critical comments about the club when warranted. So Mr. wren, I think you either have the wrong poster, or maybe haven't been following closely enough for long enough.

Mr Big T. You also have gotten confused. You were talking to Mr Wren, not Jackass! Jackass is also a highly respected poster on this site! by telling him he is behaving like a Jackass on this board is saying "you are posting really well balanced and thoughtful posts". not sure if you meant to do that.

you all need to get your posters right. Or perhaps if we focused on the subject matter of the post, instead of the poster, it would be better for all of us.

It would also be helpful if all the sack the coach sentiments were in the sack the coach thread as its kind of like Mr. Smith from the Matrix. Its infecting the entire board.

Time to allow discussion about injuries and especially the future without making it all about one topic. Unless that happens, really intelligent posters like me and coach tannin could be lost to this site.

There is my plea.

35forever 

"I feel sick - dada dada dada da"

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 11:18 pm

Darkstranger wrote:
Again a legitimate thread is derailed by nonsense, can everyone please stick to the topic, this is really starting to be another BF forum!

On another note BIG COX LANDS ON OUR SHORES NEXT WEEK!

No, a legitimate thread doesn't begin by calling people "trolls" because they disagree. People are supposed to have divergent opinions on a forum. Try treating people with respect and you'll get reasoned argument.

Put out want ads for 'trolls' and that is what you'll get.

-me, 2010
"The pies are going to the big dance!"-P.Daicos 2010
Visit My Website!
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 11:33 pm

Redlight wrote:
collie dog wrote:
...Nick's has devolved into a religious war where facts are completely irrelevant to people. Hate feeds hate. I'm over it like I am over this season.

Is this, could you...nah, wah?

I feel like an extra in Inception.

Gold. Laughing Laughing Laughing

The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 11:45 pm
Post subject: Re: Memo to Collie Dog and Other Nick's TrollsReply with quote

Neil Appleby wrote:
I've been a member of Nick's Bulletin Board for many years now. I've seen plenty of posters come and go. I've sparred with plenty; some are still here but most have gone or have been born again under new names.

To "Collie Dog", "Anodam", "Big T" and the other negative, Buckley haters, I issue a challenge: stop for a moment and click on the link below. Listen to this performance from Nathan Buckley today and tell me that he isn't the best man to have in charge of the Collingwood Football Club. This is the best interview I have heard in a long time. Take a bow Gerard Whateley.

Hard questions are asked and they are answered honestly and after last night's debacle, it is just what I needed. I have never doubted that Bucks is the right man to lead Collingwood. Today I was approached by a colleague and asked if I'd finally changed my mind on Bucks and would I join in and write to the club to request his removal. That person was dispatched pretty sharply. This is an interview we should all listen to again and again. Bucks is unwavering in his belief and his vision.

BTW, if you listen to this revealing, 40 minute interview and still don't think Bucks is best placed to take us forward, then name me a better person to take the reins.

Listen, relax and buckle up for the ride!

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-08-17/sunday-inquisition-august-17/5676762?section=sport

Lol was listening to it and 2/3 rds through when I came across this post - yes he's a dud...

Az 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 11:53 pm

No attack in Neil, but I don't remember being particularly good at speaking in the media to be a direct indicator of coaching ability. I am not against Bucks coaching us, but I am also not convinced he's going to be great at the caper either. I don't sit in on the team meetings, and I don't get to see his tactician skills at work in the coach's box. All I get to see is the game unfold as I see it, and haven't seen enough to convince me flat out that Bucks is going to win us a flag in the near future. I admire how well he spoke today, especially not shying away from the tough questions (and good on Gerard for having the guts to ask them). In particular, he was asked if he thinks he is a good coach to which in short he believes he is (was a lot more in depth than that). I want to believe him also. I welcome him to make the doubters eat their words.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 12:04 am

collie dog wrote:
watt price tully wrote:
collie dog wrote:
Kevin Rudd was a smooth talker as well. So is Barack Obama. And look at the legacy they have left.

Women been making fun of you again Jack?

I am not Jack you idiot! And neither are those posters mentioned in the OP trolls. We are all lifelong Pies supporters who are simply fed up with the tripe the club keeps dishing up to us. But if mediocrity grabs you then strap in for a bumpy ride over the next year. One day it will all be over. I am sick of nothing but fights at Collingwood and on Nick's. Ever since the truce of 2010-11 it has been one long drawn out ugly fight. I'm sick of it - its like the ugly Jihad between the Sunnis and the Shiites. But the club doesn't belong to you plants either. Evil or Very Mad

NO, your not jack, jack has given up on tony abbott for one thing, and he used to be a full on supporter of him. You say YOU are sick of fights on Nicks, hey, pray tell, who comes on here with the most negative bile and hate against bucks, the club, eddie and god knows what else, its friggin you and your negative troll buddies. YOUR sick of it, well catch the news sunshine, WE, the majoirity on Nicks, are sick to death of your constant carping and negativity, pissing and moaning, its tiresome, we know you loathe bucks, you think all our kids are duds, we have a lousy admin, we get it right, now go and play in your sandbox and give us all a break, and take your sad sackers with you, don't let the door hit your ass on the way out either. Exclamation Exclamation Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
TK Leo

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 12:15 am

collie dog wrote:
watt price tully wrote:
collie dog wrote:
Kevin Rudd was a smooth talker as well. So is Barack Obama. And look at the legacy they have left.

Women been making fun of you again Jack?

I am not Jack you idiot! And neither are those posters mentioned in the OP trolls. We are all lifelong Pies supporters who are simply fed up with the tripe the club keeps dishing up to us. But if mediocrity grabs you then strap in for a bumpy ride over the next year. One day it will all be over. I am sick of nothing but fights at Collingwood and on Nick's. Ever since the truce of 2010-11 it has been one long drawn out ugly fight. I'm sick of it - its like the ugly Jihad between the Sunnis and the Shiites. But the club doesn't belong to you plants either. Evil or Very Mad

Geez I would have hated to have seen what you would have wrote on here between 1958 - 1990.......

We have had 5 GF's in 12 years, haven't missed a final since 2005, lost by a kick in 07 for a crack at a cakewalk Flag. Got some great kids coming thru rebuilding a club. Plenty of smalls to mix it up in the midfield and now chasing bigs. Mate if your sick off this club then hand in your membership get off this bus. Or just create a new forum where you can cry your eyes out.

Strong clubs are about getting behind our boys when they are down and out and lifting the buggers back up and being there for them not bagging them and kicking them when they are down. WAP.

www.facebook.com/groups/knightsofabbotsford

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 12:43 am

Interesting that they didn't ask him about whether he has considered that he might be cursed. No one refers to the meta-physical in football anymore.

Bucks talks in figures and stats. How many hundred game players we had in vs players with under 100 games. Ratios. Tiredness. Where other teams are at with older lists. Player ages. How young we are. What will happen in the future based on an expectation that these young players will make the grade.

He seems to believe it is a process. If you get the process right you get the result. When 12 blokes tick the box we are thereabouts. Less than 12 we lose. More than 12 we win. It's all too clinical. And doomed to failure as a result IMO.

Stay tuned for a long time in the wilderness folks. On the plus side you can go to along Ed's fan forums to discover you haven't actually got the courage to say to his face what you write in the internet!

Az 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 12:52 am

1970 wrote:
Interesting that they didn't ask him about whether he has considered that he might be cursed. No one refers to the meta-physical in football anymore.

Bucks talks in figures and stats. How many hundred game players we had in vs players with under 100 games. Ratios. Tiredness. Where other teams are at with older lists. Player ages. How young we are. What will happen in the future based on an expectation that these young players will make the grade.

He seems to believe it is a process. If you get the process right you get the result. When 12 blokes tick the box we are thereabouts. Less than 12 we lose. More than 12 we win. It's all too clinical. And doomed to failure as a result IMO.

Stay tuned for a long time in the wilderness folks. On the plus side you can go to along Ed's fan forums to discover you haven't actually got the courage to say to his face what you write in the internet!

I think you'd have to consider your occupation as a legitimate journalist if you were to dead set seriously ask if he thinks he's cursed. Nobody refers to the meta-physical because it's flat out dumb mate. There is a reason for our supposed run of bad luck, and it doesn't involve the footy gods.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 5:06 am
Post subject: Re: Memo to Collie Dog and Other Nick's TrollsReply with quote

Neil Appleby wrote:
I've been a member of Nick's Bulletin Board for many years now. I've seen plenty of posters come and go. I've sparred with plenty; some are still here but most have gone or have been born again under new names.

So you advocate banning posters YOU consider trolls or is it that you actively agitate for their removal from a forum.

What a sad man you are.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6   

Jump to: