Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

fans walked out tonight

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stinger 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 7:59 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

What a debacle. I travelled from CBR specifically for this game because it wasn't on a friggin Sunday night. I was at Richmond station before 3 qtr time. I just couldn't watch anymore. I watch football for the enjoyment. To make me feel good. It's the one thing that when thing aren't going my way in the usual day to day grind, I can lose myself for a couple of hours. Now I can't even do that. It starts with being raped by the maggots In the first qtr again and only got worse. It's been a long time we've been a) this bad b) had this sort of injury list c) been out coached each week and d) shown so little interest in doing the basic stuff like honouring first leads, running to space and maybe just maybe picking up a loose man. We have no game plan. Under malt house at least it was predictable fast down the line play. Now we look inside for two seconds, never kick it there, wait, ignore two leads short down the line then kick it long out on the full. I need a break. I'm over it. See you next year!
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 8:14 am

Stinger wrote:
What a debacle. I travelled from CBR specifically for this game because it wasn't on a friggin Sunday night. I was at Richmond station before 3 qtr time. I just couldn't watch anymore. I watch football for the enjoyment. To make me feel good. It's the one thing that when thing aren't going my way in the usual day to day grind, I can lose myself for a couple of hours. Now I can't even do that. It starts with being raped by the maggots In the first qtr again and only got worse. It's been a long time we've been a) this bad b) had this sort of injury list c) been out coached each week and d) shown so little interest in doing the basic stuff like honouring first leads, running to space and maybe just maybe picking up a loose man. We have no game plan. Under malt house at least it was predictable fast down the line play. Now we look inside for two seconds, never kick it there, wait, ignore two leads short down the line then kick it long out on the full. I need a break. I'm over it. See you next year!

Plenty of time to get the prickles out your arse then.

The 15 players still busting their arses in the last 1/4 thankYOU for your loyalty.

Stinger 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 8:24 am

At least you stay positive. Give yourself a medal.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 8:26 am

Oh please the players are part of an entertainment package these days and are very well paid to put in a show. How anyone can seriously think the majority give a rats about the supporter sitting in the stands amazes me.

Last night was disgraceful apart from the injuries the actual effort was pathetic and these poor players doubled over are obviously unfit!

How dare any of you judge people that left early, do you feel superior judging them is that what you get out of being so damning of those who left early.
Talk about "perceptive fellow"!
collie dog 

RIP Shelby 11-10-13

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 8:30 am

Redlight wrote:
All those Sunday twilights have sucked the life out of the crowds. The AFL needs to understand that every time that they make it easier not to go to the footy that they're, in some cases, encouraging fans to break the habit of a lifetime. Every time you do that some of the regulars simply don't come back.

Absolutely 100% correct. I never understood why an organisation would do everything it could to drive away its loyal customers on the flimsy basis of trying to pick up a few new converts. The AFL fixture this year has been an absolute disaster, and had it not been for the success of the Adelaide Oval footy would be in a major crisis. Interestingly the NRL clubs are complaining of the same issues.

Soccer will be the number one football code within 10-15 years. The demographics point to that with all the immigration and soccer's glamour as a true world sport. Mark my words.

Sherrin Stand 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 8:32 am

think positive wrote:
3/4 time the desertion from around the cheer squad area was like the final siren when we win. Pretty disgusting.

15 players left not limping, players bent double because they were Knackered, players turned away from the interchange bench, because no one right to go on. It broke my heart. And that's why we stayed til the bitter end.

The mighty Pies have been there for me when I needed to rant and scream and cheer, my turn to be there for them.

I've left early before, when the players seemingly didn't give a shit.

But not last night. Bunch of kids out there, and they tried their hearts out til the final siren. Did no one see the much maligned young bent double trying to get breath for his shot on goal? Did no one see Blair dive in the bottom of a pack of lions, even though there was no one to pick up the pieces?

Did no one want to be there to see Luke ball trying desperately to turn something, anything? I'm guessing he will be gone at seasons end. I'll be there to watch him.

Life's a roller coaster, roller coasters are fun, and those gut wrenching, stomach churning, heart breaking troughs make the rush to the top seem all the more exhilarating. But you gotta be there for the whole ride.

Cheers, go Pies.

Great post. I agree that the boys gave it their all last night though it is disheartening and sad that the club has seemed to put them in that position.

I have supported this club for 40 years and would rarely miss a game during that whole period. My passion for the club was strong during that whole time, some of which where pretty darks days. Something is really different now and I have been saying it all year. It feels like the tribal atmosphere has gone which is why many seem to be enjoying the VFL more these days.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 8:32 am

Stinger wrote:
At least you stay positive. Give yourself a medal.

Not positive. Not at all. It was heart breaking.

But not as heart breaking for me as the kids on the field looking up to the stands at the three quarter siren to see the army leaving in droves.

There have been games this year, the suns game for a start, where I was totally pissed at the seemingly poor effort put in. Last night I watched our players drop like flies, I saw them turned away from the bench, I saw them bent double, I saw them trying to defend as the army yelled jump for (mates with) sake, when they could barely move.

I saw Swan limping, I also saw him do a gut breaking run trying to get the ball out of their 50 when the game was out in the bay, let alone down the toilet. I've bagged his attitude, his arrogance, but last night he was their for our kids.

Last night I really wondered, is this the end for Bucks? Should it be.

What I didn't wonder was should I chuck it in til the next sunny period? I have a lot of faith in our kids. Not in our game plan.

Those kids breaking their balls, young almost throwing up before he could take a shot, swan on one leg, Keefe desperately looking for someone on the kick out. Blair diving to the bottom of a pack. That's why I stayed. And why I will be back there next week.

John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 8:41 am

collie dog wrote:
Redlight wrote:
All those Sunday twilights have sucked the life out of the crowds. The AFL needs to understand that every time that they make it easier not to go to the footy that they're, in some cases, encouraging fans to break the habit of a lifetime. Every time you do that some of the regulars simply don't come back.

Absolutely 100% correct. I never understood why an organisation would do everything it could to drive away its loyal customers on the flimsy basis of trying to pick up a few new converts. The AFL fixture this year has been an absolute disaster, and had it not been for the success of the Adelaide Oval footy would be in a major crisis. Interestingly the NRL clubs are complaining of the same issues.

Soccer will be the number one football code within 10-15 years. The demographics point to that with all the immigration and soccer's glamour as a true world sport. Mark my words.

spindog, we all know your views on this. if you are so enamoured by soccer why don't you crawl away and follow it. go hate somewhere else.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 8:42 am

Sherrin Stand wrote:
think positive wrote:
3/4 time the desertion from around the cheer squad area was like the final siren when we win. Pretty disgusting.

15 players left not limping, players bent double because they were Knackered, players turned away from the interchange bench, because no one right to go on. It broke my heart. And that's why we stayed til the bitter end.

The mighty Pies have been there for me when I needed to rant and scream and cheer, my turn to be there for them.

I've left early before, when the players seemingly didn't give a shit.

But not last night. Bunch of kids out there, and they tried their hearts out til the final siren. Did no one see the much maligned young bent double trying to get breath for his shot on goal? Did no one see Blair dive in the bottom of a pack of lions, even though there was no one to pick up the pieces?

Did no one want to be there to see Luke ball trying desperately to turn something, anything? I'm guessing he will be gone at seasons end. I'll be there to watch him.

Life's a roller coaster, roller coasters are fun, and those gut wrenching, stomach churning, heart breaking troughs make the rush to the top seem all the more exhilarating. But you gotta be there for the whole ride.

Cheers, go Pies.

Great post. I agree that the boys gave it their all last night though it is disheartening and sad that the club has seemed to put them in that position.

I have supported this club for 40 years and would rarely miss a game during that whole period. My passion for the club was strong during that whole time, some of which where pretty darks days. Something is really different now and I have been saying it all year. It feels like the tribal atmosphere has gone which is why many seem to be enjoying the VFL more these days.

I reckon some of that is due to the lets get 80,000 members shit, and the total depersonalisation of the club. Totally agree though, and it's sad.

slangman 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 8:54 am

The game was lost by half time, injuries to cloke and beams were after the game was done.

How about last week?
How about GCS "overrunning" us when they had no bench?

To many excuses from "loyal" supporters.

Yeah, I stayed to the end. I always do but I'm losing passion and interest fast.
Even when we were ordinary in years gone by, my passion was there.

For the first time in 20 years, I'm seriously contemplating whether or not to go to the hawks game.
There are a few others that I know feel the same.

Excuses are plenty and varied, but for me the simple fact is, something's no right!!!!!

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 8:57 am

Re the hawks match, have to admit, if I was sitting in general, I'd be in 2 minds, the reserved area gives you a buffer!
SteveH67 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 9:07 am

[quote="think positive"][quote="Stinger"]At least you stay positive. Give yourself a medal.[/quote]

Not positive. Not at all. It was heart breaking.

But not as heart breaking for me as the kids on the field looking up to the stands at the three quarter siren to see the army leaving in droves.

There have been games this year, the suns game for a start, where I was totally pissed at the seemingly poor effort put in. Last night I watched our players drop like flies, I saw them turned away from the bench, I saw them bent double, I saw them trying to defend as the army yelled jump for (mates with) sake, when they could barely move.

I saw Swan limping, I also saw him do a gut breaking run trying to get the ball out of their 50 when the game was out in the bay, let alone down the toilet. I've bagged his attitude, his arrogance, but last night he was their for our kids.

Last night I really wondered, is this the end for Bucks? Should it be.

What I didn't wonder was should I chuck it in til the next sunny period? I have a lot of faith in our kids. Not in our game plan.

Those kids breaking their balls, young almost throwing up before he could take a shot, swan on one leg, Keefe desperately looking for someone on the kick out. Blair diving to the bottom of a pack. That's why I stayed. And why I will be back there next week.[/quote]

You are a wanker!
melliot 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 9:16 am

I left at 3/4 time. Bought my two young girls and wife to the game all the way from Bendigo. Was my girls 3rd game.

Wasn't going to make the night any later than it had to be. I was shattered. Not with the last half when injuries took their toll. But the first insipid half. And the 5 games prior, in which effort, teamanship, skill and spirit has been something like Melbourne of past few years.

Make no mistake. Our brand of footy is bottom 2 quality right now. Injuries or not. We are crap.

My family's journey home certainly didn't beat the rush. It pretty much matched it.

The members are speaking with their feet. If this brand continues early next season, Buckely will be told mid year and officially sacked at end of year.

Our list is sufficient to make the 8. Yet our brand of footy is bottom 2 now. It the comes down to the coaching panel. They are not extracting the best from the list nor even look like it.
Darkstranger 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 9:27 am

You like hanging around and hearing a rubbish team like the Lions chanting "Liiiiiiiiooooonnnnns" No! Anyway Collingwood don't deserve my presence out there when they play like that..

Talk to you all next year...................maybe.
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 9:40 am

Forget about Fans walking out, you should be talking about Members not bothering to attend games. I have been to only 3 games this year, couldn't be bothered now and it's not about the teams performance it's simply about the scheduling. Something that was easy to attend into an absolute nightmare. I am not alone here as we can see by crowd attendance across the board.

In saying that I wish thank the AFL and the Collingwood Football Club for helping me to save an absolute fortune this year.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 2 of 8   

Jump to: