Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Buckley. How much time do we give him?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 34, 35, 36  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:41 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

I think he has a year before the upsurper's arise. Bring thee Choco or Trent Croad!

www.facebook/the hybernators
thompsoc 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:47 am

Joel wrote:
thompsoc wrote:
As outlined in game day thread
adelide loose man in defence
still in last 10 minutes when we
were behind.
!

So, why did the Adelaide coach say they went back to 6 forward, 6 mid, 6 back after half time? Don't think they had a loose man, they just worked harder.

loose man ať the end
bucks needs glasses

pieboy 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:09 am

There's no way known that Eddie will ever sack him. Otherwise it will just prove that he made a shocking decision to remove Malthouse and replace him with Buckley in the first place. If we keep going downhill they'll just blame the players, not the coach and they'll keep replacing the players.
Achilles 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:15 am

And who would replace Buckley?
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:17 am

ELIZA. Smile
mandy Sagittarius

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:22 am

John Wren wrote:
i'd give him 2-3 year after this year.

So would I.

#SIDEBYSIDE
GoWoodsmen 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:24 am

thompsoc wrote:
As outlined in game day thread
adelide loose man in defence
still in last 10 minutes when we
were behind.
Any normal coach would ať least man
up that player.
Of course the ball came in
and then got swept out again
with a 2 on 1 situation.
Can someone please explain this?
Crap coaching i reckon!

You would have to be an insider to know why certain moves were made but I would argue if, indeed they did have a loose man in defense (Joel seems to disprove this)... it was because Bucks knew the backline was insanely inexperienced. Our games experience for 5 of the players playing in the backline read 15,18,34,34 and 41 games. There isn't another club in the country playing with that lack of experience - GWS and Suns included.

I guess the counter argument is back your men and see if you can win the game. If as Joel suggested though and there wasn't a loose man and they just worked harder.... well... what can you say. That's not a coaching issue... that's a work rate issue. Weird part is that statistically we did work our arses off yesterday.

Ho hum...

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:52 am
Post subject: Re: Buckley. How much time do we give him?Reply with quote

swoop42 wrote:
This was his doing, his decision to move on premiership heroes for draft picks so he must live and die by that decision.

Wellingham, Dawes, Thomas all made their own decisions to leave so Shaw is the only player to fit that description.

Missing from the combined 2010 GF squads yesterday were Maxwell, N Brown, Toovey, Shaw, Wellingham, Swan, Johnson, Didak, Ball, Dawes, Jolly, Thomas, L Brown and Davis. That's 14 players, about 60%, of that team unavailable yesterday and only 5 of them remain on the list in 2014. To lay the turnover of the squad on Buckleys shoulders is just a bridge too far unless you're suggesting that we'd be a better team in 2014 if Jolly, Didak, and Johnson along with the likes of Krakouer were still on the list.
rocketronnie 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:32 am

^ Semantics....Wellingham, Dawes, Thomas... all made the move out after Buckley and his minions alienated them so that they had no other choice but to leave.

How long do we give Buckley?

-12 months sounds about right Laughing

Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:39 am

End of this season, I've seen enough.

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:42 am

I've been a Bucks supporter from day one but yesterday I posted in the after match thread I'm starting to have doubts.
Youth is part of the problem no doubt but even then enthusiasm should be overwhelming and keep us competitive.
My biggest issue is the lack of a game plan.
It's either we don't have one or we have one and the players can't execute either way it needs to be addressed.
We fail to play man on man when required, our skill level is so deplorable I cringe watching it, since the first bye teams have constantly had loss men everywhere and we get killed with there run and carry.
Pe the first bye our pressure was manic and yes I agree it's hard to keep that effort up every game but surely from those lofty levels to what we see now there is a major issue somewhere.
I posted in another thread I believe one of our biggest issues is the lack of experience in the coaches box on game day. Essendon knew this and put bomber in with the turd. We have all rookies with only Scott Burns who has had experienced elsewhere. Eade is a oxygen thief in the coaches box obviously. I've never rated Lappin as a player or forward coach he needs to go and go fast.
I can't see Eddie or the board calling time on Bucks it just isn't in Eddie's DNA to say I was wrong (remember the pub fiasco ?)
So what do we do then ?
We have stock piled some decent talent but they are lacking a lot of fundamental basic AFL skills and this isn't acceptable. We need to employ some coaches who can teach them how to kick or hand ball under pressure as our current team fails every time.
Even the more reliable players like Pendles Beams Sidey disposal has been way off for most part this year.
Pendles looks like a captain who is desperate to lead by example but is just overwhelmed.
Yesterday I noticed before the first bounce when the players were in the huddle and went to break it was Beams who brought them back in and appeared to be giving them another address. Maybe he is trying to help Pendles or maybe he was delivering a separate message either way it looked weird for mine.
I'm hoping that Scharenberg and Freeman live up to the hype I've heard about them.
Injuries have played apart no doubt but it's more about the positions of the players missing that hurt our structure than anything.
As for Bucks as a coach the jury is still out for sure. I'm prepared for him to see out what he began this is year one into his team albeit one disrupted by injury.
He has one more year to run but we will need to show a huge improvement in terms of consistency and skills and competitiveness for him to get another extension.
If and I mean if the team shows improvement across the board next year to be competitive at all times then yes he gets another 2yrs. If we play the same rubbish style or lack there of then the hounds will be barking loud at the door and with good reason.
I would overhaul the whole coaching group and find an experienced assistant to help Bucks. Yes a Chocco Williams who was known for his ability to adapt game plans as a match unfolded and his port sides had skills that made them very competitive for many years.
Scott Burns stays the rest are gone. Whoever comes in must be there for the love of the club not a pay cheque.
Bucks on 360 said everything to do with our medical and rehab would be reviewed as it all can't just be bad luck so I'm happy for that to happen.
If we are gong to trade we need speed in our mid field badly and players with elite foot and hand skills who can break a line and actually do something with it.
On a separate note I saw on fox Rockliff from the lions stats for the past 6 weeks ave 39 touches #1 in the AFL but was also #1 for tackles, clearances and contested possessions an outstanding bunch of stats that show what hard work looks like.
Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:50 am

^^The "perceptive fellow" are football experts, we see things before your average punter.

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
thompsoc 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:59 am

Gowoodsman
whether we lost by 1 goal or 10 it doesnt matter
there was a loose man after crows got 2 goals up
ať this point why wouldnt you throw another
man forward. You dont win a match in the last minutes of
the game by playing defensive football when you are
2 goals down!
Its insane coaching!

doriswilgus 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 12:05 pm

How long do we keep Buckley?I'd say about 12 more months if the side keeps deteriorating the way it is and there is no sign of improvement.

But it really isn't up to me,or any supporter for that matter,it's up to the club's administration.

I wonder how Eddie is feeling right now about the way the team is going.There were shots of him in the crowd yesterday looking very unhappy with the way the players were performing.I wonder in his heart of hearts does he ever doubt his decision to install Buckley as coach,and does he have the stomach to make the right decision for the club when the time comes?

Last edited by doriswilgus on Mon Jul 28, 2014 12:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lazza 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 12:07 pm

Defender wrote:
^^The "perceptive fellow" are football experts, we see things before your average punter.

The really good news is that you see things before your average punter.

The really bad news is that what you see is ALWAYS in a negative light...... Rolling Eyes
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 34, 35, 36  Next
Page 2 of 36   

Jump to: