Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Davis or Woey?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
angel 

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2002 7:45 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I think it is a bit complex to think about.

Advantages of Woewodin, a Brownlow Medallist, experienced, mature, an accomplished player. He is a professional and will be committed. Gets himself very fit and can run all day. Is likely to have a burning ambition for success and to prove to all and sundry at Melbourne that he was treated harshly and to prove them wrong and vindicate his desire to have stayed.

Disadvantages of Woey, didn't want to leave Melbourne, has been inconsistent of late, is four years older than Nick Davis. Probably is not overendowed with natural talent but does extract every ounce from it.

Advantages of Davis, more natural talent, young and on the brink you would think of a great career, we developed him and he had been part of a group, he is more versatile when fit, can play half back, midfield and up forward. This year up forward kicked the goals required when badly hampered by groin, Woey has 63 goals from 138 games, Davis 85 from 71 so is a more natural goalkicker but also would have been a great outside midfielder because of disposal. When fit end of 2000 was our best player.

Disadvantages, injury prone, may be a bit slack. When homesick probably wasn't as committed as we would have desired though nobody knows. More mentally fragile and less mature. Wanted to be a Pie originally but let homesickness get the better of him. Should have been more success oriented.

Pies light up my world. Davis was the next big thing but now it will be Didak or Cole. Go Pies!
Rowdy 

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2002 8:59 am

Davis didn't want to play for the Pies so as far as I'm concerned he's a non-topic.

angel 

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2002 11:16 am

Yes Rowdy it's very frustrating when you get a father/son who eventually shuns the Pies. And all the more annoying because getting him at #19 represented such great value. Our father/son selections apart from Cloke haven't been good to us.

Pies light up my world. Davis was the next big thing but now it will be Didak or Cole. Go Pies!
DaicosForeverr 

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2003 6:47 am

Davis had way more ability and polish however I think we should make a concerted effort to make him miserable everytime he
plays against us. Have an anti NickyD campaign.....

Louis

stik35 Virgo

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2003 8:07 am

Time will tell.
Given the choice NEITHER of them chose the Pies.
Nick Davis has the potential to be a great player (if he wants to) and Woey has already been a great player - for Melbourne.
We just have to wait and see if he can put his heart and soul into being a Magpie - we will certainly be giving him his chance and supporting him all the way.

If you bleed black and white you'll never walk alone.
TaZ_LuVs_EmIn3m Gemini

*~KeViN is GoRjOuZ~*

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2003 12:23 pm

well as ppl would think my nickname would say enough........i actually am in tha middle shane does have a good reputation but he needs to prove himself like every other player and nick was a good player but he now has to prove himself to sydney but i was his number one fan(with sheree) for 3 yrs so its hard to move on quickly but i have slowly and now i need to find a new player but i got one Brodie and tarks...........like ppl have said time will tell!!!!!

*~Catch ya later luv always Tara~*
***aka Tara_luvsNicknBrodie***
**~~I LUV EMIN3M~~**
U better Lose yourself in tha music the moment u own it u better neva let it go!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2   

Jump to: