Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pathetic

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
magpie joffa 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2001 7:33 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

YES MOST DEFINATELY every one has a right to express there opinions and to those expressing there disgust with the collingwood football club at present it will be my opinion to tell them to get stuffed and look at the big picture.

LOOK
AT
THE
BIG
PICTURE.

I take it jill your sticking up for your comrade rohan what ever his name is ? well please pass on a message this is not that 'other bulletin board where rohan thinks he has the right to bag shit out of the collingwood administration like he always does.

Your a disgrace rohan a bloody disgrace.

Why dont you bloody grow up and stop shitcanning the collingwood football club.

You have deliberately used this as another oppertunity to get stuck into the club's administration.

DONT BRING A KNIFE TO A GUNFIGHT...sean connery...the untouchables !!...DARREN MILLANE SIMPLY THE BEST...BETTER THAN ALL THE REST #42..GO OUR GLORIOUS BLACK AND WHITE MAGPIES FOR EVER UNTIL DEATH!!

Rohan Coventry Tateson 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2001 8:50 pm

Pardon me for having an opinion that isn’t “foggy eyed”, biased and has totally in one direction!

Some points:
- Dillo, I have always said we traded well in Clement, Molloy and Holland. I didn’t rate Rintoul and Steinfort and their performances have indicated my stance. What I argued is that we didn’t maximize our drafting and recruiting, thus I have never contradicted myself. Also I have been on the BB for 6 months, 12 months is a tad exaggerated.

-Sure Fremantle and St Kilda finished below us this year but drafting is judged not just on one year, it is judged on a number of years. Lets compare the youth coupled with experience that Fremantle and St Kilda have acquired since 1999 to Collingwoods.

Fremantle has obtained Pavilich, Longmuir, Brown, Haselby, McPharlin, Croad, Farmer, Bell, McPhee (Ansett Rising Star nominee for the ill informed) etc.

St Kilda has obtained Black, Hamill, Gehrig, Koschitzke, Riewoldt etc.

Now please lets be unbiased and look at these youngsters that have been coupled with experienced players and we see that compared to these two clubs we haven’t near any way maximized or recruiting since finishing last (1999) and second last (2000).

If St Kilda has a dodgy administration that couldn’t run a chook raffle than how does it out trade ours that is perceived as being competent by you?

-Essendon, West Coast you name them would all trade with Collingwood. Trouble is the recruiters offered average players such as Betheras, Lane and Ukovic to these clubs so why do you blame them for not dealing with us?

-The constant references to Joesph stifling our deals is pure inneaudo and paper talk. The quotes from a newspaper article only back this and are yet another excuse the club tries to lull its supporters into. As I have said constantly I know what happened with the Gehrig deal through my cousin who plays for Fremantle and it was the same this year; Collingwood weren’t prepared to offer any quality and thus the deal fell through.

-You don’t have to be a rocket scientist to work out that the club is well under the salary cap. Compare a club that has at least four players on contracts over 500k and can attract another highly paid player, to Collingwood that has one on this much money.

-Croad, Black, Everitt and Misiti are hardly broken down stars. Croad and Black are only 22 and have their best football ahead of them. Everitt is in the peak age and form of a ruckman and this has been indicated by statistics that rank him as the AFL’s number one ruckman. Misiti is much the same as he is 26 and is nearing his peak age as an onballer.

-Sure the board was elected by the members but does this mean they are not open to blame? Just remember this is the same electorate that didn’t question the last board and as a result the club has been run into the ground.

-As I have said time and time again the future tag is only worth the paper it’s written on. Its intangible and until it is actually acted on its meaningless. Successful companies/organizations/clubs trade on results, their bottom lines. Unaccountable ones trade on the premise of better day’s ahead (future).

For the other morons attacking me personally, debate my arguments and not me, your argument will have more credence. I’m not going to respond to them so it is pointless posting a personal attack on me as I won’t read it.

In Skob We Trust

MarkT 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2001 2:00 am

Here we go again.

We all have opiniions and we are all entitled to express them. I would like to make one simple point.

Those that criticise Collingwood are not by definition traitors.
Those that accept anything the clus says and does and will not be critical only have themselves to blame when mediocraty prevals.

There are no hidden meaning there just my opinion on OUR reactions to events and other's opinions.

Defend the club when it's warranted but not by stamping out criticism simply because it is criticism.

Brown26 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2001 2:07 am

Rohan - yes you make a good point in taht we obviously TRIED to trade, ie. Gerigh, Black, Everit, etc. but frankly what the other clubs were asking for, and in some cases the players, were ludicrous. For example, is Black worth 1.1 million over three years? Not when we've got half a dozen players in our line up ALREADY who will be better than him by then. He's got potential, but he's not a superstar yet.

Gerigh wanted to come but WC wouldn't trade. Hawthorn wanted a top four pick - we would've needed to trade with Freo, maybe OBree and Licca for number 4? That's stupid!

Is Everit worth 1 million over two years when you've got the future best ruckman in the league. All he needs is a bit of time - we've got two years. More importantly, is Everit worth two first round draft picks and our second round draft pick? For a guy whos going to give you five more years maybe, the answer is NO!

The future of our club is Didak, Cloak, Leon Davis, Fraser, etc, the guys who are only young even by our standards. We now have a great opourtunity to pick up more guys like these.

It would have been nice to snare one of the big name players but Noel Judkins can't say to Hawthorn "no. trade Croad for Betheras" cause they wont listen to him!! You can't make Clubs trade for lower, even if the player wants to go to that club (Croad wanted to go to the Bombers).

This draft is deep. next years not so by most indications. keep draft picks now, trade for players next year. Adkins, Scotland, those guys will all be worth more next year once they star in the reserves and have a few games in teh seniors. They'll attract good players instead of hacks, and we wont have to trade our quality kids for big names who may or may not perfor

Pies for Premiers 2002, 3, 4, 5, 6....
MargOZ Taurus

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2001 2:18 am

I'm sure the CFC were TRYING to trade and obtain the extra couple of experienced players we need to 'top-up' our current list.

But it wouldn't surprise me if other clubs were no doubt asking far too much than we were prepared to pay/trade. AND it wouldn't surprise me if managers/clubs were not in a hurry to trade because at the end of the day they hate the CFC and don't want to see us successful.

It's easy to say we should have got this player, or that player, but none of them are worth trading any of our stars for.

So, yes, it is disappointing but I'd much rather keep the services of champions like N. Davis, Lockyer and Licuria (the sort of quality player other clubs probably requested) than trade them for players with big egos and big pay cheques.

GO PIES!

Marg

rash 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2001 2:56 am

From what was reported on the TV last night it seems that we waisted our time on Misiti. Tell me he wouldn't be demanding a huge fee. What a waste of time. We have enough midfielders. We again miss out on a quality EXPERIENCED ruckman.

Malklas 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2001 3:51 am

I agree with Rohan on this one, professional clubs will always look at options, we cannot rely on youth.

Go Pie Pride....join in and everyones a winner.

DaicosForever 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2001 4:05 am

Wowser another fair dinkum shitfight in this BB.

Give it time guys, our players will come good and recruiting for short term success will not work for us. Its not working for the Saints and it sure as hell wont work for Fremantle.Imporvement for these clubs will come from the Riewolds/Koschitzkes/
Haselbey/Pavlichs etc etc

When players are jumping shit at a huge rate of knots and players are generally jumping only only for the sake of money
as is the case with Both Freo and St's and is not much pride in wearing the jumper then success will not come. Its a tried and failed process. Sure Misiti would be great but do u think he will seriously give a shit about our jumper when he was an Essendon boy through and through. Or the same about Croad. I dont think you'll see him tearing up over 450000 grand a year at Freo. Hell no.

Stick with the Frazer's/Davis/Johnsons/Tarrants/ and you will see results just as Essendon Carlton and the rest have over the years. We will be a force.

Please Dont tell me either that Croad/Black/Gherig/Hamill/are all worth their investment because they are nothing more then capable at best...I reaffirm that there is no chance I would trade a NIck Davis for a Croad no matter how big and tall he is...He just does not have Nicky's natrual ability...thats just a case in point I thought Id make....

Go Pies

Louis

Rowdy26 

chomp - new strawberry!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2001 4:46 am

Rohan, yes you are entitled to express what you think however when all you ever do is belittle the club and its people you have to expect personal attacks on yourself.

Get over it mate, if you love gehrig and those other st kilda kronies that much go to moronabbin and take your "constructive" critism with you. I for one have had enough of it and wouldnt give a stuff if we lost one membership if it were yours.

Oh yes this is a personal attack in case you havent noticed (I apologise to the board for that) and I dont care if you're not responding to this cause i can imagine the shite you'd be writing if u did anyway.

You are the most negative, attention seeking, grudge holding, think you know it all I have ever come across.

People would take you more seriously if you just had a good hard look at yourself sometimes.

Critism can be constructive, but not when its coming from you.

The guy who once said the following was obviously thinking of you at the time:

"What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul"

Sorry to those who's time i have wasted reading this.

BE POSITIVE, GO FORWARD - BE COLLINGWOOD, GO PIES!

Spidergirl 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2001 6:14 am

No Jeff i wasn't "Sticking up for Rohan" i think Rohan is quite capable of doing so for himself as we have all seen on here. I don't write posts in support of a particular PERSON i write posts based on an OPINION and if that happens to be the same as Rohans or anyone elses then so be it.

JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2001 6:29 am

Firstly there are no guarantees on Adkins as that injury he has incurred can be very long term. Look at Setphen Powell for a perfect example.

The way i see it is that we have plenty of room in our salary cap and a minimum of 95% must be used. I would much rather use this money to get a person to our club that will make us top 4 material. Clearly Everitt would do this.

Collingwood deserve the best tap ruckman going around. Quite clearly Everitt is in the Top 3 tap ruckman in the AFL.

As for the comment about midfielders i dont think we have too many, or if we do they are not of the highest quality. Clearly Brisbane have the most potent midfield in the AFL. The next question is to compare our midfield to theres. To match it with Brisbane we require another one or two quality midfielders to help Obree and Buckley.

Hopefully the young kids like Roach, Tuckey and Kinnear will appreciate the amount of faith that the coaching staff have shown in them. Its clearly up to the players to reward this faith by having a huge pre season and be raring to go for next year

JLC

EVERYONE IS A COLLINGWOOD SUPPORTER ITS JUST THAT SOME PEOPLE ARE IN DENIAL
magpie joffa 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2001 7:06 am

Rohan and jill

Let me chose my words very crefully here as this will be the last time on this board i get sucked in by rohans negative comments towards to collingwood and mainly eddie's administrtaion.

First of all jill i dont think in all fairness you know what passion is all about as you are a member of 4 AFL clubs and yes i know or will be reminded that is your right and good luck to you it must be good to have 4 chances of seeing one of your clubs in the finals each year although i had a good laugh this year when melb, stkilda and nth melbourne didnt make it.

Rohan im tired of you thinking that at any given time you have the right to shit can collingwood...

YOU NEVER PRAISE COLLINGWOOD what is the matter with you mate what is your agenda, what is your problem.
I agree we all have different opinions but your opinions are always negative mate.

Do you want to see this club fail as you seem so quick and delighted in posting absolute crap about anything.

Where is your praise rohan in this club still being in existence and in the money and with a vision for the future.
Because several years ago mate it all came close to ending why dont you acknowledge the positive things.

I bet when you walk down the street to buy a newspaper you wear a helmet in fear of being hit by a car.

I bet on a sunny day at the beach you take an umbrella in fear of rain.

Be positive mate or at least try to be and stop craving the acknowledgement of other 'hangers on' from other bulletin boards in your attempt to bring down this club.

Now for the sake of being the nice guy i am rohan i have decided never to reply to your postings again, life is too short and wonderful to acknowledge negative pricks like your self in any manner.

Have a good one mate and have fun on other bulletin boards with your many other collimgwood haters bagging the shit out of our club and its culture.

DONT BRING A KNIFE TO A GUNFIGHT...sean connery...the untouchables !!...DARREN MILLANE SIMPLY THE BEST...BETTER THAN ALL THE REST #42..GO OUR GLORIOUS BLACK AND WHITE MAGPIES FOR EVER UNTIL DEATH!!

Spidergirl 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2001 7:30 am

ah dear i knew this would be brought up again i will tell you one thing Jeff...i may have an interest in other clubs outside Collingwood but i will tell you now, last year as happy as i was that Melbourne had made it into the grand final i would have given anything for Collingwood to have been there in Melbourne's place. And the same goes for the all the other grand finals i have attended in the past few years. There has never been a moment when i didn't think of how much better it would have been had Collingwood have been there!

Woody Sagittarius

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2001 8:02 am

At first I was completely shocked that we didn't make a trade, I was hoping that the rumours were true and we would pick up Everitt.

I have faith that the football department know what is best for the CFC and if that means turning down a trade because it did not benefit us then I'm glad. I'm sure there is an extremely good reason and an official announcement will probably be made sooner or later. I just wish that it was sooner....

I'm certainly not going to turn my back on the club that I love, they need our support what ever the outcome.

Mike Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2001 8:03 am

I can't resist it any longer

Joffa, Spidergirl's memberships are her concern and hers alone. It's a personal decision by her and is none of our business. You of all people should be aware of the dangers of making assumptions of other peoples' motives based on your own perceptions. You get frequent abuse from others doing exactly the same thing to you. Live and let live.

Rohan, your opinions are controversial and I think (my opinion) that you enjoy the reaction that you get, that's your prerogative, but don't yell foul when they get a reaction.

Rohan has a right to his opinions and as long as he stays away from defamatory remarks or personal abuse I have a duty to protect his right to state them. I often (usually) disagree with him and so, obviously do many others and our right to disagree is just as valid as Rohan's is to state his opinion ibn the first place. That's what a forum is all about.

Now, my opinion.

I wasn't disappointed that we didn't trade. I'm happy with what we have and am willing to trust that the football staff have the expertise to know who we need to get and who we should keep - and can do the job that they've been employed to do.

The argument that we have to get a ruckman and that Everitt or another star ruckman would put us in the top 4 is, in my opinion, without merit.

Firstly, we're going to be in the top 4 anyway - next year. Time for a prediction. Based on our form this season, even in losing matches, I predict that we'll make the four next year with a good chance of a premiership. I know this is early and that we won't be peaking until 2003 at the earliest, but at the moment we have an incredibly youthful, skillfull team who simply don't know that they are not yet good enough to be on top. It's going to be hard to beat.

Secondly, my personal belief is that the ruck is overrated. A ruck at the best of times is just a toss of the coin and noone knows where the ball is going to come out of a contest. This was demonstrated very clearly in the first half of this season. We were beaten in the ruck in all but 2 games, Fremantle (even) and WB, but we still dominated centre clearances - until it fell apart. The ability we showed in those early games was that we could take the ball from the ruck regardless of who won the hit-out and use it to our advantage. How often do you see a ruckman win the hit-out yet see the ball fall straight to an opposition player - frequently.

The real value of a ruckman to us is another marking tall, which, I admit, we could do with.

Have faith in the team that is maturing. Look at the potential stars and imagine what sort of powerhouse the Pies will be when they all hit their straps together. Not only do we have a bunch of incredibly talented youngsters, but they are all maturing together, they know each others game and they will develop as a unit not as a group of players employed to form a team. It's vitally important that we don't break that unit and destroy what has been created, and what has the potential to be one of the great aussie rules teams.

I know many of you hate the word potential, so do I - we've been using it to bolster ourselves for years. But that's all we have, even if we go out and buy star players (who then have to fit into the team), we still only have potential. We will only ever have potential until we turn it into results. I would much rather have potential than not have it.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5   

Jump to: