Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Collingwood Dud Sides!

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ed healey 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2001 7:31 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

London dave has mentioned most of the old time duds but sam kekovich and mick erwin were not real great recruits.
and as a young bloke i reckoned john henderson was a dud and colin tully a squib but time heals and as they played for the pies they are ok.
do any of you remember mick bone the rover?
david norman the goal sneak?
ian graham,terry waters as full forwards?
in todays standards they were ordinary but they have now reached old age and can say they played for the pies.
i thank them for trying.
and to the bloke who bagged the late ernie hug,lift your game please.

London Dave Aquarius

Ješte jedna pivo prosím

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2001 7:57 pm

Ed, how could I forget slammin Sammy?

Bone and a few of those blokes from the 60's were probably what Jack Dyer called good ordinary players! I remember watching Terry Waters, who I though was OK. But like you say Ed, its a different ball game now.

Still ,we still picked up a few blokes we got a good season or three out of.

I'd forgotten Gary Shaw, who we paid a mint for, although it put him under a lot of pressure I s'pose.

It's a bit different with the draft now, as March was always full of reports regarding the boom recruit from the bush who could stab pass a pellet of wheat up a chooks bum from 30 yards, and we all know how most of them turned out.

Still, all these blokes we mention have done something everyone on this board would have loved to do, however incompetently, at least once.

Clemo Capricorn

clemo

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2001 3:34 am

There was this one player who was the ultimate dud.
He was a ruckman that was to be our saviour. There was a lot of hype because of all the legal wrangling to get him to join the Pies in the mid 80's. He was a mid season recruit and when he finally crossed over - played only one game that season (can't remeber if he played any more). Reason being that during the time it took for him to cross from Melbourne, one of our younguns started to hit form (the young bloke might of been Wes Fellows). The ex melbourne player was.....? I forget his name - sorry guys ! But if anyone knows his name - please post it. This is killing me

Big poppa pump 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2001 4:27 am

You must be talking about the GREAT Glen Mclean, now that's what i call a real dud , he made Brad Smith look like a brownlow medalist.
Other GREATS would have to be our great full foward from the eighties Dale Woodhall who was our gun recruit from Queensland.
Stephen shorty anderson and Fraser Murphy were guns and my favorite was Justin Stariski a great pick up from the kangas.

Dantheman 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2001 7:27 am

I completely agree with Magpie Greg's earlier post.

And another thing - I reckon Athas Hryousalakis was a lej.

Clemo Capricorn

clemo

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2001 12:45 pm

Big Poppa,

Glen Mclean that's his name. I remember that he hung around Vic Park waiting for the official transfer. He even attended one of those Player's Reviews and sung a solo and I think the title was something like "Home is where the heart is". He wanted to send some sort of message to the Demons. The hype was unbeleivable, but then again as the saying goes "Collingwood sells newspapers".

huggybear 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2001 4:48 pm

Went to the match sat in the goal square saw tranquilli kick his goals loved every minute of it. If memory serves(sometimes hit has bad days) I think we got flogged the week before it, and everyone expected west coast to flog us.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2   

Jump to: