Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Forget it. Winners are grinners

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Birdy Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 11:18 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Latham could not give a rats about the forests. It was all a planned stunt with Bob Brown for more mainland votes. There are people who actually want to live in Tasmania, go worry about your own backyard. Theres even more old growth locked up now because of John Howard and it won't throw jobs and communities on the scrapheap.
The Prototype Virgo

Paint my face with a good-for-nothin smile.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 11:22 pm

Neither could Howard, he saw a good way at winning votes, where Latham was blind to trying to win votes from the Greens.

https://www.facebook.com/davehardingphotography
https://www.facebook.com/Davage
Birdy Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 11:24 pm
Post subject: Re: Forget it. Winners are grinnersReply with quote

The Prototype wrote:
ONE MOR YEAR,
TWO MORE YEARS, How long for Johnny? We know it won't be the full 3...

In the end we get Costello....

Funny how Labor ran this big scare campaign about Peter Costello taking over. Almost all the labor voters I've talked to would prefer Costello as PM than John Howard.
The Prototype Virgo

Paint my face with a good-for-nothin smile.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 11:26 pm

Really, I don't care either way, for some reason I don't like Howard or Costello. And for some reason it doesn't seem to be because of their party either. Just something about them annoys me.

https://www.facebook.com/davehardingphotography
https://www.facebook.com/Davage
red68 Aquarius

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 2:17 am

I agree - democracy is a healthy discussion. However the situation keeps getting worse and worse in Australia if you are keen on seeing politicians who don't lie as their first option.

The question I have is this - of the $16 billion in promises thrown about by an (economically responsible ??! ) government in the election campaign - which of them are CORE promises and which are the usual lies?

Quite frankly, anyone who thinks the government has much influence at all with regards to interest rates in this global economy had better stop believing what they want you to believe!

Anyway, congratulations to the most cunning politician we have seen since Menzies. Together, he and his treasurer have managed not to stuff up the galloping economy they were handed. Would they have had the brains and will to make the hard decisions and put up with the pain that it caused the country to put us in the position they inherited?

Carlton are the Liberal Party of politics, not Collingwood.

Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 8:03 am

red68 - much of the world went through recession recently, Australia didn't.

I'm not saying that we control everything in our economy, but it wasn't the rest of the world that prevented us from having a recession.
creedymagpie Aquarius

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 11:34 am

blackandwhite4life wrote:
Those stupid unionists in Tassie who sold their souls to cheer on the little lying bastard, should go and talk to their BHP union mates from Newcastle..

Sell their souls? Why because Latham kicked them in the nuts so he could get a preference deal off the Greens. Dont think so.

Quote:
And what happened? Did Newcastle fall apart and become a ghost town? Hardly. The joint is now thriving with no smoke stacks any more but tourism booming and a whole new source of new industries. Tassie could have had the same. Which was what Labor offered them. The best thing they could have ever had.

Newcastle is Australia's largest non capital city, it always had the opportunity to become that. Have you been to places like Scotsdale and St Helens in north Eastern Tassie? what else are they suppose to do. They have been spat at because they were suppose to be in a safe Labor seat and so Latham could get warm in Bob Browns bed!

Quote:
Neither could Howard, he saw a good way at winning votes, where Latham was blind to trying to win votes from the Greens.

Latham was not trying to win votes from the greens, it was so Latham could get preferences from the greens in the rest of the country.

Quote:
Funny how Labor ran this big scare campaign about Peter Costello taking over. Almost all the labor voters I've talked to would prefer Costello as PM than John Howard.

Peter Costello would make a great leader and he is a great public speaker, watch Parliament one day and tell me he doesnt keep you entertained. Costello as PM? probably another reason why we got back in with a bigger majority!

Quote:
red68 - much of the world went through recession recently, Australia didn't.

Could not agree more and that was because of good economic management, such as the first home owners grant (that Bracks has copied because he knows what a great idea it was) and many other idea's the federal government have come up with.

So to all you Howard bashers out there, shutup, and let our 2ND LONGEST SERVING PRIME MINISTER to continue the good work he has already done!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2   

Jump to: