Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Tex Walker for The Chad

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Draft & Trade Moot (DTM) forum

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MarkT 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 1:22 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

People who want to trade Presti.
People who say he'll play FB or CHB next year.

There are quite a few from what I can gather.
Nicko 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 1:24 pm

I disagree with MarkT. I thought Walker was an awkward player lacking confidence, up until about halfway through 2004. Over the second half of the season he showed plenty as a tall defender. He hits contests hard. He has a big leap and is quick, so makes most contests. I didn't see him get "beaten badly" late 2004. Key defensive post next year in my opinion.
themilleys Libra

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 1:25 pm

[. This may well change as he plays more but right now he is an athletic but ineffective forward and a backman who gets beaten badly and can be heavily scored against.

His best game was v Sydney in 2003 and even then he basically had 1 quarter where he got a couple of hit outs and took a mark.

I am more than happy to keep Tex and try and develop him because if it all clicks for him he will be a fantastic asset as a quick, agile strong key position player but his development will either be at Williams town for the best part of the next 2 years or we will have to accept little positive impact from one member of the 22 for a long term pot4ential gain.

.[/quote]

Firstly who has he been badly beaten by and who has kicked multiple goals on him?

His best games where against Essendon and the Bulldogs in 2004 and he played very consistantly for Williamstown all year.

And to say he will be a negative playing the firsts is ridiculous.
d9 tank 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 1:39 pm

The only reason I have said we should not trade Walker is:

- He has shown improvement in every single year he's been at the club, unlike many of our other younger players

- His form at Williamstown this season and in the B&W in the latter part of the year was very good

- His potential is enormous

- He is still very young

- His trade value is low.

I have no dillusions of the player Walker will be in 2005. The fact that we've retained Presti means '05 will be another developmental year for him, but under no circumstances should a player who continues to improve, shows such massive potential at such a young age and has such little trade value be given any consideration as a trade. Walker will be in the seniors for the most part of 2005 and should get plenty of game time all around the ground, but he is still a year off the FB/CHB many want him to be.
themilleys Libra

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 2:31 pm

I agree D9

2005 will be the year in which he will be groomed for a specific key position and he will develop along the lines of learning positioning, tactics, specific skills and strength enhancement for that particular role.
rand corp 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 2:33 pm

Sobering thoughts
Johnson#26 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 4:23 pm

I for one, don't not have my hopes pinned on Tex, but expect him to play 150 odd games for the clubs.

Mark - he is a footballing frankinstein. No football brain, textbook skills and good hands. He has great despirtation and simply must be kept. Could be one of the best finds of the 2002 draft.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Draft & Trade Moot (DTM) forum All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2   

Jump to: