Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post match. Pies thrash Bombers. All comments please

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 11:57 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

RudeBoy wrote:
It's obvious after today that Buckley has no frigging idea and the players have given up on him. There was no spirit or energy all day, not even when Cox kicked the opening goal. As for dropping Cloke, this was a disaster. We had no big blokes contesting marks all day. There is no doubt now that Bucks has to go. Rolling Eyes

I don't know whether to laugh that people are finally leaving "soft, slow, outside, inept-dinky-kick Sidebottom" alone for a week because it's so difficult to bag a bloke who sets up 12 of the team's first 14 goals or to cry because Sidebottom's successful mission to make the forward-line approximate the appearance of viability for a week has some people thinking that the outcome was somehow the result of dropping Cloke.

I could, I suppose, point out that this week's CHF managed 6 kicks (about what he does most weeks) against a CHB we delisted without a senior game and who only has a second chance because the entire Essendon backline is suspended or at St Kilda (or both). But that would be churlish, so I won't.
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 12:17 am

jackcass wrote:
swoop42 wrote:
stui magpie wrote:
Great win, came out hard and killed it in the first half. Yeah we dropped off in the second half but they also lifted. I'll take a 69 point win any day after the rubbish we served up so far this season.

If that doesn't make it clear to the doubters, I don't know what will.

It's not the coach or game plan that's been the problem, it's the players ability to execute.

Today they came out and performed. That's the new benchmark. The Sack Buckley brigade should all go skydiving without parachutes.

Sorry Stui but you must have inhaled to many of Lazza's fruity farts.

While I'm stoked to win in reality today was merely the result most would have expected during the off season against a seriously depleted Essendon side.

What only matters now is if we can build upon this performance and use it as a catalyst moving forward.

A win next week is probably the stuff of fantasy but we need an honourable loss at least to hold ground gained today.

The following two weeks though need to be wins against opposition likely to fill the bottom 3 places with Essendon.

Yeah, sure that's what the Melbourne supporters would have been saying.... Oh wait...

I'm sure they quickly forgot that after they beat us last week.

Oh and if your holding up Melbourne as a club we should be inspiring to be no wonder we've been shite.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 12:27 am

swoop42 wrote:
The variable is the opposition.

Essendon will likely finish last.

I think you're overrating them. Personally, I don't think they'll finish.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 12:28 am

Dave The Man wrote:
jackcass wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:
Told you be a lot better without Cloke Smile

You don't know how good we would have been today with Cloke so just guessing Dave.

The 5 Games he played so far this Season. All teams Struggle Badly

We might of lost with Cloke in the Side

So they struggled because Cloke was in the teams.... really.... It's not that they're carrying a few players who aren't performing as well as Cloke, it's not that the midfield is getting flogged.... really, it's just a Cloke thing... well thank God we've fixed that then.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 12:31 am

BucksIsFutureCoach wrote:
thompsoc wrote:
gurugeoff wrote:
likes - cox, does everything Witts does, and is more dangerous
- adams, did some real good things, I was a doubter if he would make an A grader

concerns
- Crisp, very fumbly, slow - I was not a doubter, not sure now
- Aish, easy to see why he was not getting a game at Brisbane. No obvious strengths in any area.

Agree with that.
Thought is was Adams best game for us so far.

De Goey played his best game for the season as well. He has something to build on now.

And here was me thinking he was playing today like an undisciplined kid who has tickets on himself and needs to learn to respect the opposition. Or has he just been so woeful that this actually was an improvement?
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 12:31 am

Dave The Man wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
Big T wrote:
We need stability. Varcoe out should be the only change this week unless we decide to stretch the weegirls and play Cloke.

Aish is way out of his depth in the AFL atm. He needs to find confidence and rhythm playing in the VFL for a while.

Out: Aish, Varcoe (inj)

In: Sinclair, Wills or Broomhead

Could he do that in a VFL Side that has been Flogged 2 weeks in a Row?

Maybe we can fix the VFL side by playing Cloke in the seniors allowing Aish to play in a winning VFL side.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 12:33 am

I though Maynard was good today. Used the Ball quite well
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 12:33 am

jackcass wrote:
[quote="Dave The Man"][quote="RudeBoy"][quote="Big T"]We need stability. Varcoe out should be the only change this week unless we decide to stretch the weegirls and play Cloke.[/quote]

Aish is way out of his depth in the AFL atm. He needs to find confidence and rhythm playing in the VFL for a while.

[b]Out:[/b] Aish, Varcoe (inj)

[b]In:[/b] Sinclair, Wills or Broomhead[/quote]

Could he do that in a VFL Side that has been Flogged 2 weeks in a Row?[/quote]

Maybe we can fix the VFL side by playing Cloke in the seniors allowing Aish to play in a winning VFL side.
How long? How do you know what he needs?
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 12:34 am

jackcass wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
Big T wrote:
We need stability. Varcoe out should be the only change this week unless we decide to stretch the weegirls and play Cloke.

So the AFL side loses then with Cloke in the Side Rolling Eyes

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 12:35 am

jackcass wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:
jackcass wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:
Told you be a lot better without Cloke Smile

You don't know how good we would have been today with Cloke so just guessing Dave.

The 5 Games he played so far this Season. All teams Struggle Badly

We might of lost with Cloke in the Side

So they struggled because Cloke was in the teams.... really.... It's not that they're carrying a few players who aren't performing as well as Cloke, it's not that the midfield is getting flogged.... really, it's just a Cloke thing... well thank God we've fixed that then.

Sadly, I don't think this is a minority view. The tall forwards kicked 3 goals last week and 3 goals this week. So dropping Cloke obviously made all the difference.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 12:36 am

swoop42 wrote:
jackcass wrote:
swoop42 wrote:
stui magpie wrote:
Great win, came out hard and killed it in the first half. Yeah we dropped off in the second half but they also lifted. I'll take a 69 point win any day after the rubbish we served up so far this season.

If that doesn't make it clear to the doubters, I don't know what will.

It's not the coach or game plan that's been the problem, it's the players ability to execute.

Today they came out and performed. That's the new benchmark. The Sack Buckley brigade should all go skydiving without parachutes.

Sorry Stui but you must have inhaled to many of Lazza's fruity farts.

While I'm stoked to win in reality today was merely the result most would have expected during the off season against a seriously depleted Essendon side.

What only matters now is if we can build upon this performance and use it as a catalyst moving forward.

A win next week is probably the stuff of fantasy but we need an honourable loss at least to hold ground gained today.

The following two weeks though need to be wins against opposition likely to fill the bottom 3 places with Essendon.

Yeah, sure that's what the Melbourne supporters would have been saying.... Oh wait...

I'm sure they quickly forgot that after they beat us last week.

Oh and if your holding up Melbourne as a club we should be inspiring to be no wonder we've been shite.

Yeah, that's what I was doing....
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 12:37 am

Dave The Man wrote:
jackcass wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
Big T wrote:

So the AFL side loses then with Cloke in the Side Rolling Eyes

Silly me, best we just shoot Cloke then.

Last edited by jackcass on Tue Apr 26, 2016 12:41 am; edited 1 time in total
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 12:40 am

Pies4shaw wrote:

Sadly, I don't think this is a minority view. The tall forwards kicked 3 goals last week and 3 goals this week. So dropping Cloke obviously made all the difference.

Sadly it appears so, but I'll try to resist the churlish behavior you alluded to earlier, we did win after all.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 12:40 am

Collingwood Crackerjack wrote:
Question; can we fit both Brown and Frost in the same team?

I've never been a huge Brown fan, always thought he was overrated, but I think we should look to move him and Cloke on, with a view to recruiting Dusty!

Brown was very good today. He usually is. He lacks speed but he is the only player on the list with the strength to take on the really big opposition forwards. Sometimes good back men get beaten by good forwards - it doesn't mean they need to be replaced.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 12:43 am

Pies4shaw wrote:
Collingwood Crackerjack wrote:
Question; can we fit both Brown and Frost in the same team?

I've never been a huge Brown fan, always thought he was overrated, but I think we should look to move him and Cloke on, with a view to recruiting Dusty!

Brown was very good today. He usually is. He lacks speed but he is the only player on the list with the strength to take on the really big opposition forwards. Sometimes good back men get beaten by good forwards - it doesn't mean they need to be replaced.

Agree, I was worried we might have been too tall in defense with Frost, Brown, Reid and Oxley but they all had good games. Amazing what a difference a winning midfield makes.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 10 of 15   

Jump to: