Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pre Match. Pies v. Cats - All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 9:27 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

BucksIsFutureCoach wrote:
What's happened to Langdon and Maynard? I thought they would have made it back into the team by now.

Maynard is listed by the club as injured 1 week (as at this Monday)
Langdon is a curious one he's not listed by the club as injured but Buckley said he was being managed before the Tigers game with a knee but he's been doing the full training with the main group which is odd for a bloke with a supposed knee issue. He wasn't working this week with the rehab group again and completed training without issue apparently
He's either got a very minor knee complaint that's not stopping him training but stops him playing or there's something else happening the club doesn't tell the supporters
Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 9:46 pm

qldmagpie67 wrote:
What's happened to Langdon and Maynard? I thought they would have made it back into the team by now.

Langdon is a curious one he's not listed by the club as injured but Buckley said he was being managed before the Tigers game with a knee but he's been doing the full training with the main group which is odd for a bloke with a supposed knee issue. He wasn't working this week with the rehab group again and completed training without issue apparently
He's either got a very minor knee complaint that's not stopping him training but stops him playing or there's something else happening the club doesn't tell the supporters

Yeah, he's been listed as injured on the club site & AFL site as injured all along Q pie.

Tom Langdon (leg), Brayden Maynard (ankle) and Ben Reid (Achilles) will all miss at least one more week with their respective ailments

foreigner Aries

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 9:50 pm

qldmagpie67 wrote:

Langdon to miss another week (this week). Maynard is slow to recover - pushing for next week - Geoff Walsh

http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/video/2018-05-09/star-to-return-in-vfl

injury-update-9May.jpg

bally12 Aquarius

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 10:10 pm

The Langdon injury listed as "leg" is a strange one.

He had issues with his knee a couple of years ago, which according to Balmy had to get injected with cortisone because it wasn't responding to trreatment.

My guess is he has a chronic knee issue, that needs to be managed. Not sure why the club would not be open about it.
glasseyevfx 

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 10:34 pm

Jezza wrote:
Geelong:

IN: Harry Taylor, Zac Smith, Gary Ablett, Wylie Buzza, George Horlin Smith
OUT: Lachie Fogarty (Managed), Tom Hawkins (Suspension)

Interchange from Buzza, Cunico, Z Guthrie, Horlin-Smith, Menegola, Parsons, Stanley, Thurlow.

No Menzel.

cats have been playing funny buggers with their emergency list this season.
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-05-10/latechange-ladder-is-a-cat-and-mouse-game

inxs88 

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 10:38 pm

E wrote:
Magpietothemax wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
With Langdon and Maynard still unavailable, and assuming that Pendles plays, I reckon we could go into this game with possibly just the one change.

Out: Mayne

In: Wells

I'd really love Sier to get a game, but I suspect Blair did enough to retain his spot.

I would also replace one of Crocker/Blair with Fas.

one could argue that Crocker and Faz are competing for the same spot, but Blair is in career form, is finally being used properly so that his true talent can shine through (it appears De Goey, WHE AND STEPHENSON ARE NOW PLAYING THE ROLE THAT BLAIR WAS PREVIOUSLY BEING ASKED TO PLAY AND THEY ARE INFIINITELY MORE CAPABLE FO DOIGN THAT).

People forget that Blair is a premiership caliber player.

4 things Eric:

1. Stop shouting
2. Blair in “career best form” ?
3. Blair and talent in the same sentence &
4. Premiership calibre ...... (was 8 years ago)

All Blair has done in the past 2 weeks is avoid several ” Blairisms”. Oh yeah and hasn’t kicked a goal either!

Last edited by inxs88 on Sat May 12, 2018 12:40 am; edited 1 time in total
bally12 Aquarius

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 10:52 pm

Int (from): Jarryd Blair, Callum Brown, Ben Crocker, Josh Daicos, Alex Fasolo, Chris Mayne, Sam Murray, Daniel Wells

I'd make the bolded ones the 4 on the bench.
Blairy may play his best footy in the middle, but that's for he VFL. Our midfield needs to be a Blair-free zone if we are even half serious.
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 11:34 pm

foreigner wrote:
qldmagpie67 wrote:

Langdon to miss another week (this week). Maynard is slow to recover - pushing for next week - Geoff Walsh

http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/video/2018-05-09/star-to-return-in-vfl

Cheers for that when I checked on Monday he wasn't listed so I was wondering what was happening
Thought it was another instance of the club misleading supporters on injuries
E 

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 1:28 am

inxs88 wrote:
E wrote:
Magpietothemax wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
With Langdon and Maynard still unavailable, and assuming that Pendles plays, I reckon we could go into this game with possibly just the one change.

I'd really love Sier to get a game, but I suspect Blair did enough to retain his spot.

one could argue that Crocker and Faz are competing for the same spot, but Blair is in career form, is finally being used properly so that his true talent can shine through (it appears De Goey, WHE AND STEPHENSON ARE NOW PLAYING THE ROLE THAT BLAIR WAS PREVIOUSLY BEING ASKED TO PLAY AND THEY ARE INFIINITELY MORE CAPABLE FO DOIGN THAT).

4 things Eric:

1. Stop shouting

All Blair has done in the pat 2 weeks is avoid several ” Blairisms”. Oh yeah and hasn’t kicked a goal either!

Hi Incapacitated. in response i apologize for the all caps. accidental

As for your Blair noise, my response is Blah diddy Blah Blah!!! By any measure, Blair has been terrific these past couple of weeks. He is a Collingwood premiership player and its a disgrace how people on this site now need to justify the vitriol they spewed the past couple of years by diminishing his accomplishments this season after we all thought he was finished as a viable player.

He may ultimately fail to make our best 22, but i for one am super happy for the way the guy has come back better than ever!!

If our entire team worked as hard and played as courageously and selflessly as Blair obviously does, we would win the premiership in a canter!

And just because you were critical of him last year (i was too), it doesn't make you wrong if you acknowledge his strong performances the last two weeks.

inxs88 

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 1:44 am

E wrote:
inxs88 wrote:
E wrote:
Magpietothemax wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:

4 things Eric:

1. Stop shouting

All Blair has done in the pat 2 weeks is avoid several ” Blairisms”. Oh yeah and hasn’t kicked a goal either!

As for your Blair noise, my response is Blah diddy Blah Blah!!! By any measure, Blair has been terrific these past couple of weeks. He is a Collingwood premiership player and its a disgrace how people on this site now need to justify the vitriol they spewed the past couple of years by diminishing his accomplishments this season after we all thought he was finished as a viable player.

He may ultimately fail to make our best 22, but i for one am super happy for the way the guy has come back better than ever!!

If our entire team worked as hard and played as courageously and selflessly as Blair obviously does, we would win the premiership in a canter!

And just because you were critical of him last year (i was too), it doesn't make you wrong if you acknowledge his strong performances the last two weeks.

Eric. Blair’s Accomplishments this season! 2 standard meat and potato matches shouldn’t be manipulated into caviar! And again, most critics on Nick’s aren’t negative about Blair’s premiership contribution, it’s his 2013-2017 sub par performances. Even the great Leigh Matthews only hung on for 5 years past our 1990 glory and Blair has survived 8!

E 

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 1:58 am

inxs88 wrote:
E wrote:
inxs88 wrote:
E wrote:
Magpietothemax wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:

4 things Eric:

1. Stop shouting

Eric. Blair’s Accomplishments this season! 2 standard meat and potato matches shouldn’t be manipulated into caviar! And again, most critics on Nick’s aren’t negative about Blair’s premiership contribution, it’s his 2013-2017 sub par performances. Even the great Leigh Matthews only hung on for 5 years past our 1990 glory and Blair has survived 8!

Incapacitated, if you need to put down Blair to help you sleep at night, who am i to stop you ..... I for one am glad he was in our 22 for the past couple of weeks. We likely lose the Brisbane game without him.

I also really applaud his response to being told he would not likely get another game this season. I wonder if you would work that hard in the face of adversity. That was irony by the way, since we all know the answer to that. Afterall, Blair does, and you just knock....

BazBoy 

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 6:33 am

Wills —soreness !,

With the good form of other big body in Sier I wondered about Rupert so sore
body

BazBoy 

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 7:34 am

VFL Pies to play Cats has Rupert Wills in the squad and also Elliot
Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 8:32 am

bally12 wrote:
Int (from): Jarryd Blair, Callum Brown, Ben Crocker, Josh Daicos, Alex Fasolo, Chris Mayne, Sam Murray, Daniel Wells

I'd make the bolded ones the 4 on the bench.
Blairy may play his best footy in the middle, but that's for he VFL. Our midfield needs to be a Blair-free zone if we are even half serious.

Has to be this.... doesn't it?!

MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 9:16 am

E wrote:
inxs88 wrote:
E wrote:
Magpietothemax wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:

4 things Eric:

1. Stop shouting

I called out Blair a couple of years ago for being in poor form because he was poor. Why shouldn't we call a spade a spade if it's a spade. He's been terrific the last couple of weeks as you say and deserves to keep his spot. He's a great club man and I'm happy for him that's he's in the senior side but let's not go overboard about him. He was 21st or 22nd man in the 2010 premiership team and kept out some pretty good players to make it into that side but let's not exaggerate his importance to that team.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 9 of 14   

Jump to: