Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Injury and illness

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 94, 95, 96  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 12:32 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

There is another way of looking at these guys in rehab.
Assuming we were to play finals, you would probably want all these players to have 4/5 AFL home and away games under their belts before the finals start.
Add on 2 / 3 VFL games before that and you really only need them playing footy from about round 15 / 16 onwards. That would put them all on track for Sept action if we’re good enough to be there and if they don’t injure again.

Just seems to me that after Moore, Elliot and Smith all came back from the Sports institute after their second hammys, the club in conjunction with the A I S have mapped out a new and more conservative rehab program.

We need to get it right this time or we are just going to continually shoot ourselves in the foot with every soft tissue injury we pick up in the future.
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 12:37 pm

What is way of looking at these guys in rehab ?
K 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 6:52 pm

Pies2016 wrote:
Just seems to me that after Moore, Elliot and Smith all came back from the Sports institute after their second hammys, the club in conjunction with the A I S have mapped out a new and more conservative rehab program.

AIS involvement? Has this been tried before?
K 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:14 pm

Walsh: "Ben's calf and knee have been a little bit slower than others (teammates Jamie Elliott, Darcy Moore and Travis Varcoe) with soft tissue injuries.
"He is still experiencing some soreness around the knee area, so we will treat that symptomatically."

Video at
http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/video/2018-06-27/injury-update-stars-closer-to-return
Fatui Attata 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:43 pm

That has got to be the weirdest last 2 secs of an injury report I've ever seen!! WTF???

Piss funny stuff from Walshy!

Pies2016 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:49 pm

K wrote:
Pies2016 wrote:

AIS involvement? Has this been tried before?

After that trio all did their hammys for the second time this year, the club chose to try something different. They sent them all to the AIS to do the early rehabbing with a different set of eyes overseeing the program.
( I read that somewhere )
From here on I’m only guessing but it would appear part of the rehab includes a particularly conservative recovery period. We had to do something different, so let’s hope this process proves to be a successful rehab formula.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:58 pm

Treloar, Broomhead, Goldy, Aish, - seasons... we are cursed, we are utterly cursed, with long term injuries. and it never, ever, ever, ever, ends. EVER !!!!

BIG SIGH.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Crazypie 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 11:47 am

And now Dunn... Is it just me or is everyone's thinking that maybe we need to think about changing game plan... Obviously we have been cursed with injuries and I wonder how much of it is put down to a heavily contested game plan and then everytime ie dockers and Goldcoast now when we seem to go into bruise free mode we have 5 goals kicked on us in 10 minutes and then really need to put the full burners on just to stay in the game?

So bloody over it.

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 1:30 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
Treloar, Broomhead, Goldy, Aish, - seasons... we are cursed, we are utterly cursed, with long term injuries. and it never, ever, ever, ever, ends. EVER !!!!

BIG SIGH.

More like Treloar, Broomhead, Aish, Goldy, Dunn, Wells.....and counting. Crying or Very sad
jatsad 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 1:32 pm

Crazypie wrote:
And now Dunn... Is it just me or is everyone's thinking that maybe we need to think about changing game plan... Obviously we have been cursed with injuries and I wonder how much of it is put down to a heavily contested game plan and then everytime ie dockers and Goldcoast now when we seem to go into bruise free mode we have 5 goals kicked on us in 10 minutes and then really need to put the full burners on just to stay in the game?

So bloody over it.

Dunn's injury had nothing to do with game plan.
It was simple contact in a marking contest.

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 5:45 pm

While Dunn's loss is a major blow, fortunately the next 2-3 weeks could well see the return of both Reid and Moore. We're going to need them both in good form later in the year if we are going to be genuine Flag contenders.
Ads7 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:00 pm

Pretty remarkable when you compare our injuries (14 in total) to the other 3 teams in the top 4 (all have only 4 injuries each)

[
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 2:02 am

Ads7 wrote:
Pretty remarkable when you compare our injuries (14 in total) to the other 3 teams in the top 4 (all have only 4 injuries each)

UN-FVCKING-BELIEVABLE.... Mad

simon tonna 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 5:57 am

^^^^
Send it to the AFL and see how they explain how the home n away "fixture" doesn't influence results.

MJ23 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:50 am

imagine the strength of the side if we had Half these injuries and sat mid ladder.

One of the biggest issues this is causing is impacting the strength of the team we put out in the VFL.

If we cant get the VFL team playing finals we cant get games into some players at the pointy end when hopefully if all goes right we could get them back.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 94, 95, 96  Next
Page 9 of 96   

Jump to: