Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post match. Pies rumble Roos - All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 9:33 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Dangles wrote:
Brad Scott: http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-05-31/scott-laments-most-disgusting-effort-in-his-time-as-kangaroos-coach Laughing

Actually I totally agree with everything Brad Scott said. You can't blame coaches for the skill errors of players on the field. Just as the North players were dreadful in the second half, the Collingwood players were awful in the first half. If Ben Brown, Petrie and Waite had kicked straight, we would not have been in the game in the second half. North are a good side and we beat them. That's what we need to take away from this game. Just enjoy the win.
Geek 

geek

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 9:39 pm

Man, I hate North sooooooooooo much.

Thanks Pies Smile
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 9:46 pm

Great win and the live game comments are always amusing watching people's emotions spill on to these pages.
At our best we are good and getting better but our slow starts and inability to halt surges from opposition with possession football will hurt playing the top echelon of teams.
Make no mistake we are on the improve and in many facets. We are running out games well.
We are tackling like demons
We don't hang our heads and kick stones
We take the game on more than the past couple years
We play team oreniatated football as good as any team

We have loads to work on as well but playing such a young side I'm prepared to ride the roller coaster of fortunes during the match
Crisp is proving very valuable
Elliott is a dead set gem and heading towards being one of the best small forwards in the game
Grundy toils and toils and at 21 has his best in front of him
Swanny just seems to be getting back to somewhere near his best
Sidey was better again today and will be better again in coming weeks (missing 6 weeks you don't come straight back in and set the world alight) 30 touches today was a great sign when his disposal gets back up to the 70-80% mark he will feed our forward line very well
Most pleasing today was for mine was the fact Pendles Probably had one of his quieter games yet we found a way to win with him having limited impact
Cloke again tried his guts out and surprise surprise couldn't find a free kick again
All in all we regrouped at half time and when North came out after the break looking like the result was already set in stone we went hard at them and turned it on its head. A few close shaves in the last term but I'm a firm believer in the old adage you make your own luck and today we did
4 points in the bag 6-3 with a game we "should" win next week
If we go 7-3 we have a good chance to press on into the final 8 in the second half of the year.
Oh and for the elephant in room thus far I give Bucks a 8.5/10 mark for the season thus far (was 7-7.5 until half way through the third term today)
King Monkey 

Location: On a journey to seek the scriptures of enlightenment....

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 9:52 pm

You bloody beauty!!!!!!
A win for the ages.......

Oh you are a dee-mon, I love to fiiight."
uncanny 

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 9:56 pm

I thought it was gone at half time
A bet on Collingwood to have 10 unanswered goals would have been a nice payout at the tote at that stage
Really pleased they had the ticker and ability to get the job done!

Dangles 

Balmey Army

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 10:03 pm

BucksIsFutureCoach wrote:
Dangles wrote:
Brad Scott: http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-05-31/scott-laments-most-disgusting-effort-in-his-time-as-kangaroos-coach Laughing

Actually I totally agree with everything Brad Scott said. You can't blame coaches for the skill errors of players on the field. Just as the North players were dreadful in the second half, the Collingwood players were awful in the first half. If Ben Brown, Petrie and Waite had kicked straight, we would not have been in the game in the second half. North are a good side and we beat them. That's what we need to take away from this game. Just enjoy the win.

I was laughing at his hyperbolic statement about it being as disgusting as any effort in his time as coach. It's vintage Brad Scott. And were North dreadful in the second half? Or were we just freaking awesome?

Last edited by Dangles on Sun May 31, 2015 10:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
thompsoc 

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 10:05 pm

I just watched the second half again.
Concentrated on a few players.
Crisp and to a lesser extent Adams were amazing.
Strength in the midfield is critical.
Watched Blair's game as well.
Haven't changed my mind about his game.
At one stage the ball was on our 50 m arc.
Blair and Marley were side by side. Marley chased the ball
down field and laid that bump on a Norf player.
Blair doesn't chase defensively as much as is required.

Museman 

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 10:12 pm

thompsoc wrote:
I just watched the second half again.
Concentrated on a few players.
Crisp and to a lesser extent Adams were amazing.
Strength in the midfield is critical.
Watched Blair's game as well.
Haven't changed my mind about his game.
At one stage the ball was on our 50 m arc.
Blair and Marley were side by side. Marley chased the ball
down field and laid that bump on a Norf player.
Blair doesn't chase defensively as much as is required.

Did the same, Crisp was the catalyst imo, is a bull at the contest.
thompsoc 

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 10:15 pm

Crisp was friggin amazing.
What a pickup.
Not the flashest player but has he got grunt!

Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 10:15 pm

I liked Comettis comment .... "its three qaurter time, you've just witnessed something spectacular"
Museman 

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 10:18 pm

Museman wrote:
The thing that strikes me is that Buckley is coaching for the future of the side rather than the present, yet we beat a top four side that slaughtered us in the first half. To prove my point Pendles started in the forward line and Blair and Elliot were being rotated through the centre. Both Grundy and Witts are not marking forwards yet both are being played that way while the other is rucking in the centre. De Goey started as the sub and then came on in the third quarter straight into the centre of the the ground at a critical stage of the game. I don't think any of these moves are designed to win games in the short term but will hold us in good stead in the next two or three years. Nevertheless we take the points in this game and North should be ashamed that they let this game go. This was a fabulous win for the club anyway you want to look at it and a proud day for the supporters. Just don't expect the same thing to happen against the stronger teams such as Hawthorn, Freemantle and Sydney. There will be some ups and some downs before we reach our peak in the next two to three years.

If you've watched this boy in the two's you would be aware he should be at the stoppage as much as possible, he is a stoppage gem and he will become a stoppage monster, he may have other tricks he may enhance more of his game in the future but bullocking and reading it at the contest are already a strong point, I would also question why if we are all about future Benken is yet to play senior football? esp behind the likes of Armstrong..... the stupidity behind that sort of selecting is frightening.

"Stoppage monster" or not, De Goey is playing his fourth game of AFL football against Ziebell, Higgens and Harvey, who have about 600 games of senior footy between them. So you would have to be a supreme optimist to think De Goey is going to do well, unless your foot is firmly planted in the future. As for Ben Kennedy, I can only assume he is not meeting his KPI's at training or at VFL level. When he does I assume he will be playing senior footy.

4 or 400 if you are good in an area you are good in an area...that's his strength that's where logic should dictate he plays.

Call me a supreme optimist where he's concerned then, because I believe the more he plays there the more we'll be rewarded.
AN_Inkling 

Woods wrote:
A game like today's drew my attention to the Quarters Won stats for the nine games played to date.

Collingwood has won 8 of its 3rd quarters so far, only surpassed by Hawthorn and West Coast. And we've won 6 final quarters too. So we are strong finishers, and today's 2nd half surge was not to be unexpected - they're the 'Come Back Kids'.

Collingwood's weakest quarter is the 2nd. We've only won 3 so far this year and are ranked 15th - only Carlton, Gold Coast and Brisbane are below us.

The trick for Buckley will be to improve our performance in the 1st half without sapping our performance in the second. But does this team have the Weeties to do it?

Or maybe just let it be. It does make for exciting come-back footy.

Not coincidentally this is how Port were tracking a year or so back. Getting the fitness right was the number one thing we needed to improve as a team. It's looking well on the way as we have finished off every game this year.

WarrenerraW 

Thought the commentary was good as well. Unbiased and professional - the way it should be.
WarrenerraW 

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 10:19 pm

Loved Crisp's game and Adams is a tackling machine.
Hiss Taurus

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 10:23 pm
Post subject: YesReply with quote

Greatest come back since our win over Fitzroy in 1977. You bloody beauty! Pies fans please stand proud and salute.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 9 of 14   

Jump to: