Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

How much longer can Heater pull this crap?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 7:28 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Another costly mistake late in the game. Outplayed by Campbell Brown.
Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 7:30 pm

watt price tully wrote:
Adz wrote:
A trade must be looked at.

I agree. Trade Adz for a rational poster.

^ You have to learn to move with the times, WPT. The last rational poster was umpired out of the game and retired in 1997. Now there are only crackpots like us. Still, at least we are sometimes rational.

King Malta Leo

RIP Flip

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 7:37 pm

Had a poor game, but people calling for a trade are way off.
Clifton Hill-Billy 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 7:38 pm

Does a completely moronic, dumbshit act or two, every game, which almost always costs a goal per act of stupidity- it's getting as grating as his on field rants about his teammates!
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 7:39 pm

Oh come on where were Pendles beams sidey ball for most of the game? It was just shit not just heater, it was all crap
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 7:41 pm

Clifton Hill-Billy wrote:
Does a completely moronic, dumbshit act or two, every game, which almost always costs a goal per act of stupidity- it's getting as grating as his on field rants about his teammates!

Other posters reckon he's always been like this. I disagree. This season has been one out of the box, where his brain fade ratio has gone through the roof. The good usually outweighs the bad heavily with Heater, but not this year for mine, his form has been down and his mistakes have sky-rocketed.

Clifton Hill-Billy 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 7:46 pm

AN_Inkling wrote:
Clifton Hill-Billy wrote:

Other posters reckon he's always been like this. I disagree. This season has been one out of the box, where his brain fade ratio has gone through the roof. The good usually outweighs the bad heavily with Heater, but not this year for mine, his form has been down and his mistakes have sky-rocketed.

100% correct, his prefrontal cortex has obviously suffered some insult and evidently his dumbshit impulses are no longer inhibited for most of the time this season.

Adz 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 8:01 pm

If we can get a first rounder, I say do it.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 8:04 pm

NO
lihei Capricorn

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 8:10 pm

If we are rebuilding then get rid of him. Still dining out on the Riewoldt GF tackle.
Mugwump 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 8:11 pm

I thought he ran hard and presented all night. Misjudged a contest late in the game, like any good backman can... anyone remember Benny Johnson and Stephen Milne ?
mel_kay39 

PIES PREMIERS 2010

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 8:15 pm

Flashman wrote:
Heater is a mixed bag but his good far, far, far outweighs his bad.

He's one of the best of his type in the league, runs and carries, reads the play brilliantly and can shut down very effectively when needed (as seen last week).

Brain fades aside, he's a star and his passion sometimes may come across as indiscipline but I don't think it is. He cares and wants to win all the time and I love him for that.

He'd be one of the last blokes I'd trade.

Agree 100%. I'd trade Maxwell or Cloke before I'd let go of Heater.

mel_kay39 

PIES PREMIERS 2010

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 8:23 pm

Tannin wrote:
Big T wrote:
Some of you have clearly never worked in a team environment.

Wrong. Just plain wrong. I certainly have, and I bet you lots of others here have too.

Big T wrote:
Pointing fingers, blaming, especially after your own fck Ups, is never tolerated in a strong and successful culture.

"Never tolerated" is overstating the case. These things are tolerated, and in particular they are tolerated when the person doing it is either very senior (your department manager, for example; the owner of the company) or very well-regarded in other ways (your star sales manager; your best engineering troubleshooter). Never approved of, never welcomed, sure. But tolerated - yes, these things are often tolerated, provided that the person at fault makes up for it in other ways.

If you were to make the milder claim that "these things are often not tolerated in a team environment" then it would be difficult to disagree.

Big T wrote:
They need to address it.

Yes! Heater needs to pull his head in. I'm absolutely with you there. He need to learn to channel that passion more effectively. He needs to throw his weight around less and work cooperatively with his mates more. He is at that stage of his career - and it comes to all of them, even the greats, or perhaps especially the greats - where he needs to realise that he will never run any faster or jump any higher or kick it any better, and his body isn't going to go on forever. That means. if he wants to play on for another five, that he has to play smarter, he has to be more disciplined, he has to focus on eliminating his weaknesses.

Exactly the same applied to Leon Davis towards the end of his career and Leon trained harder, focused on tackling and pressure and getting super fit, and would up All-Australian. Exactly the same applied to Ben Johnson late in his career: BJ had to work really hard on his disposal. He did exactly that and became one of the two or three most efficient kicks in our side, and one of our best players for long enough to, among other things, pick up a premiership.

Heater needs to do the same. He needs a boot up the arse and a good hard look at himself. He does NOT need to be traded. He is one of our own, and a wonderful servant of the club. We need to work with him to eliminate the weaknesses in his game, not go throwing our toys out of the pram and trading away a true Collingwood champion.

GOLD. Especially the last paragraph.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
Page 9 of 9   

Jump to: