Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

#10 Scott Pendlebury

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 74, 75, 76 ... 135, 136, 137  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:32 pm
Post subject: Re: Pendlebury credit where it is dueReply with quote

thebaldfacts wrote:
Lot of people have been criticising Pendles for not going hard enough at the footy, .

they have? can't say I've ever seen anything of concern - the man has such good elusive skills and spatial awareness he is untouchable anyway!

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:59 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

On the occasions when Pendles dodges a contest, I personally don't think it's because he's soft. He has no problems going in hard when the situation demands it, but makes choices sometimes - maybe based on his Bball background, to choose when to put his body on the line.

I have no problems with that, he doesn't lack courage he's just not reckless.

MagpieMad Leo

One in, All in!!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:28 pm
Post subject: Re: Pendlebury credit where it is dueReply with quote

thebaldfacts wrote:
Lot of people have been criticising Pendles for not going hard enough at the footy, so i thought I would praise him.
Did anyone see him back into the on coming Scum player in that marking contest early in the last quarter?
Great to see that he put his body on the line.

good call, there where questions earlier this year about him in marking contests about him not going hard enough and on at least one occasion not going at all, not just on Nick's but some commentators as well, it was good to see him answering it on friday night.
jonesy86 Pisces

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:52 pm

was that the one on the members wing just infront of the interchange?

i was pleasantly surprised

KYPREO Virgo

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 9:05 am

I saw it. The most pleasing thing was that he didn't just back back, he took a look, saw the blues player was coming and went anyway.

Pendles is a determined competitor. He has acknowledged he has a weakness in his game but I believe he has the character and grit to try and overcome it.

AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 10:37 am

I'm not concerned about his hardness. The two areas I'd like to see him improve on are his overhead marking (should come as he improves his strength. At 190cm he could be a difficult prospect), and to run with the ball more (we're starting to see a little more of this). Absolutely rapt with his development so far, and he seems very level headed and fully comitted to improving his game. To date, he's the best player from the '05 draft.
Pied Piper Aries

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 10:59 am

^ Yes, easily the best player from that draft IMO. Well ahead of Murphy, Thomas and Ellis at this point (although Ellis does have the distinction of playing extremely well in a grand final to his credit).

He is our architect in the midfield: he has the best peripheral vision and the best hands in our side. He was playing superlative football before his injury and against to the Blues he was getting right back to his best. He is a huge part of our September drive.

Macedonian Marvel #35 Cancer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 11:44 am

What a star
He showed friday that he can have courage.
His development so far is too good to be true
DaVe86 Scorpio

Man of Steele

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 12:03 pm

Pendlebury is currently a B+ player...getting closer and closer to cracking it as a genuine A grader.

No doubt he has courage. He has also improved his clerance work out of sight and is showing signs of becoming more dangerous by contributing to more goals.

All he needs now is to develop consistency in his efforts. No doubt he is displaying more courageous signs...but i could also find a number of instances he could've gone harder. So doing it every week is his challenge.

His other challenge is becoming more damaging. Instead of opting for the 20m short pass, it would be good to see him winning more of the ball forward of centre like Dane Swan does...and using his footskills to kick it 50metres onto a team-mates chest.

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:28 pm

stui magpie wrote:
On the occasions when Pendles dodges a contest, I personally don't think it's because he's soft. He has no problems going in hard when the situation demands it, but makes choices sometimes - maybe based on his Bball background, to choose when to put his body on the line.

I have no problems with that, he doesn't lack courage he's just not reckless.

Well said.
tcnthat Libra

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:45 pm

The thing to bear in mind as well that 'hardness' is all well and good, but sometimes it just pays to pick your battles.

Blokes the size of Pendles who use their bodies like battering rams have shorter careers. There are certainly times when its your turn to put your hand up and cop a hit, but I honestly think sometimes sidestepping a non-essential contest is probably a smart move in today's game.

His worth to us is the ability to find space and hit a target, not backing into packs or cleaning blokes up. We have others in the side who can do that bullocking work. I just think we overstate its importance at times.

Mr Smith Goes To C'Wood 

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 10:18 pm

Yes, if you're actually sharp enough and deft enough to avoid an unnecessary crunch while still doing the job in close... why would you not.
Collingwood 4 eternity 

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 9:18 am
Post subject: Scott Pendlebury assaulted (man arrested)Reply with quote

http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/newsfeatures/news/newsarticle/tabid/5586/newsid/88059/default.aspx

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/scott-pendlebury-bashed-outside-lakes-entrance-hotel/story-e6frf9if-1225809847424

Last edited by Collingwood 4 eternity on Sun Dec 13, 2009 1:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
rocketronnie 

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 9:21 am
Post subject: Re: Scott Pendlebury assultedReply with quote

Collingwood 4 eternity wrote:
http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/newsfeatures/news/newsarticle/tabid/5586/newsid/88059/default.aspx

Maybe its time to think about a pool of bodyguards for our senior players to access - that might put a stop to this kind of malarkey...

OEP Pisces

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 9:24 am

Typical of a lot of assaults today in that they hit the person from behind. A dog act.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 74, 75, 76 ... 135, 136, 137  Next
Page 75 of 137   

Jump to: