Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

The Hydra ~ Caro rears her head again

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 70, 71, 72 ... 180, 181, 182  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 11:55 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

stui magpie wrote:
watt price tully wrote:
^ You can say that again Razz Wink

Mind you, a pollie being opportunistic before an election? Shocked Shocked, I'm speechless.

Next, they'll start kissing babies Wink

Exactly.

Shorten declining to go on Eddies radio show is a case in point. Cool

I would have most if not all of them are opportunistic, but there you go (must be that anti union bias) Razz Wink

schuey07 Aries

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 6:42 am

CarringbushCigar wrote:
schuey07 wrote:
CarringbushCigar wrote:
Member 7167 wrote:
The Prototype wrote:
Most people seemed to have more issues with the holding her head under and drowning her, while only a very few made any reference to the black widow. But even so, I think Tony Shaw suggesting her head be held under should have sparked the same reaction.

Though I do believe the black widow remark was wrong, in any context even if it was a joke. There was no real need for it.

Yes, they should have received the same reaction. Caro should have laughed off all of the comments. She can certainly hand it out but is more than happy to twist any potentially adverse comment to her political advantage. Hypocritical and opportunistic at best.

Unbelievable some of you are still not accepting that what Maguire said was totally wrong, as Eddie, the Club and the Prime Minister has told you.
Doubly unbelievable is that you are blaming Caroline, the victim, for 'not laughing it off'.

Maguire vs Shaw comments argument is totally flawed, Shaw was (accurately) referring what others might like to do whilst Ed was putting up $50k and whipping up his mates for someone to hold her under. Jesus to put them in the same ball park is utterly idiotic.

Caroline did nothing about the comments, though she had heard them, UNTIL it was becoming a national issue.
What is she supposed to do when asked about it?
Not be honest about how it made her feel. Gimme a spell.

If Maguire did this to any of your family loved-ones, how would you feel?

It's not a hanging offence but to equate Shaw or blame Caroline is pathetic.

Oh no the Prime Minister has told us, we should all be good little school children and listen then. Just another opportunistic flog looking for votes.

The Collingwood FC board via the CEO virtually begged you to stop defending Maguire and to accept the club and Eddies view that what he said was unacceptable.

But go on keep defending bully-boy (at best), hit-man language.
50k to hold her under from one of our national leaders. It's disgusting.
How would you feel if someone said that about your mother, son .. someone you cared about ??

As for Cam .. you've been really shining a light on here lately and we all know your empathy levels to others.

How's ya good mate Roughy ?
At least Maguire eventually apologised and had a time-out period.

Unlike you I wouldn't give a crap if someone said that about any of my family member's in jest. I've got more important things to worry about than what someone says.

I run my own business and don't have time to sweat the small stuff like you. Maybe that's half the problem, the people who have time to be offended on social media don't actually do anything, but get offended on social media.

Unfortunately for the rest of us taking offence doesn't pay the bills or put food on the table, so we see it for what it is, an opportunity to sell papers and push agendas.
CarringbushCigar Taurus

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 8:44 am

I can only imagine how expensive ex-wives are.
schuey07 Aries

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 8:56 am

CarringbushCigar wrote:

I wouldn't know, maybe you can enlighten us. I know my wife shares the same work ethic that I do, that is why she is part of her family business and thinks the whole situation is a joke.

Her family run a large plumbing business, and if she whined like Carro did dealing with tradies and supervisors she'd be in tears everyday. Fortunately she knows how to give it back in spades. We don't make excuses, we just do what needs to be done.
CarringbushCigar Taurus

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 9:04 am

How do you have the time to defend someone who has already apologised?

Lucky you weren't a lawyer - "my client pleads guilty your honour but allow me the court's time for the next month to crap on, despite the evidence presented, how my own personal ethics think that he should actually be found innocent"
5 from the wing on debut 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 9:11 am

CarringbushCigar wrote:

Lucky you weren't a lawyer - "my client pleads guilty your honour but allow me the court's time for the next month to crap on, despite the evidence presented, how my own personal ethics think that he should actually be found innocent"

Even after all of this time you still don't seem to understand what occurred and why. The club's first statement set out what it really thought. It was a business decision to then decide to apologise - nothing more.
schuey07 Aries

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 9:15 am

5 from the wing on debut wrote:
CarringbushCigar wrote:

Even after all of this time you still don't seem to understand what occurred and why. The club's first statement set out what it really thought. It was a business decision to then decide to apologise - nothing more.

The guy is daft, he doesn't understand that it was a forced apology. It's like the Johnny Depp apology - the apology your having, when you're not really having an apology.
CarringbushCigar Taurus

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 9:35 am

No YOU don't get it.

AFL:
"I understand that the men who made these comments feel horrified that they could be construed as creating an environment that makes sexist behaviours or a culture of violence against women more acceptable. But the truth is these comments do.
"The statistics and data say so."

MMM:
"The broadcast staff of all Triple M stations have been reminded that language of this nature is not acceptable and there is no context that makes it acceptable."

McGuire and CFC have already apologised twice.
Member 7167 Leo

"What Good Fortune For Governments That The People Do Not Think" - Adolf Hitler.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 9:39 am

schuey07 wrote:
CarringbushCigar wrote:

I wouldn't know, maybe you can enlighten us. I know my wife shares the same work ethic that I do, that is why she is part of her family business and thinks the whole situation is a joke.

Her family run a large plumbing business, and if she whined like Carro did dealing with tradies and supervisors she'd be in tears everyday. Fortunately she knows how to give it back in spades. We don't make excuses, we just do what needs to be done.

Fully agree schuey07. I have run businesses for 40 years and have had up to 120 staff reporting to me. If I worried about all the things said I would never get the job done. My wife was a Charger Sister (nurse) and if she worried about everything that was said by the people in her care she would be suffering from post traumatic stress. You need to practical in life and not look for every opportunity to be offended.

I also agree as to why the club took the actions they have.

5 from the wing on debut 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 9:46 am

CarringbushCigar wrote:
No YOU don't get it.

AFL:
"I understand that the men who made these comments feel horrified that they could be construed as creating an environment that makes sexist behaviours or a culture of violence against women more acceptable. But the truth is these comments do.

MMM:
"The broadcast staff of all Triple M stations have been reminded that language of this nature is not acceptable and there is no context that makes it acceptable."

There is no point repeating what they said, or how many times that they said it.That doesn't change the fact that they didn't mean it and that apologising was a commercial requirement to appease the loopy PC easily outraged brigade and the intellectually weak.

It was a Claytons apology and if you can't see through all the BS and see that I feel sorry for you ( Claytons was a non alcoholic drink that was marketed in the late 70's or early 80's as a type of whiskey with the catchphrase "the drink you have when you are not having a drink").
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 11:38 am

If only Eddie gave in to her advances all those years ago, none of this would have happened. Pity there wasn't enough alcohol.
Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 1:58 pm

My wife bought my mother a scarf, which I told her about. Mum said in typical Scottish I-never-want-a-gift-give-me-a-stone-instead-of-chocolates fashion "Oh why did she buy me that, when I am going..." I cut her off with "She bought it so you could choke yourself with it Mum". With that my mother burst out laughing and said "Thought so."

That's what Australia used to be like.

As for Roughy, glad you brought that up again "Promoting Smoking That Kills Millions With Lung Cancer" Man, I learnt a lesson in fully explaining context there, we need many more words now, than when we had dry senses of humour. Which I accept. The message to my son was we don't care about the team one iota, but we do have empathy towards people. Callous disregard is what I have for every team bar ours, I do feel for his family though. I kept my quotes in that thread short because I was trying to look cool, saying old skool collingwood things so that old fellas would go "Yeah! We are with you bro!" I was wrong Smile

Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 2:01 pm

Obviously there is a lot of difference in saying "I'll kill you when you get home," when you are a parent, and "I'll kill you when you get home," when you are a psychotic ex-partner with a gun licence and propensity towards violence.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 2:43 pm

Cam wrote:
Obviously there is a lot of difference in saying "I'll kill you when you get home," when you are a parent, and "I'll kill you when you get home," when you are a psychotic ex-partner with a gun licence and propensity towards violence.

Funny you should say that. Timing really.

Not that long ago I was working night shift. The police had arrested a man for threatening to kill his ex wife. he kept on carrying on, he'd travelled from one part of Melbourne to the other to make his threats.

The police brought him in for a mental state assessment which includes a risk assessment (sounds like insurance & indeed some of it is similar) . Apart from being angry & making threats to kill his ex as well as the police for handcuffing him they thought he may have a mental illness.

I assessed him. Nuffink, nada, not psychotic, not suicidal, not depressed, not thought disordered, not disoriented, & in terms of the mental health act he was anti-social or these days called dissocial. He was bad & bad. What I couldn't understand was that the police said they couldn't detain him.

(it smelled like a dump, looked like a dump & alas it was a dump by the police - not for the first time mind!!)

One could argue that who in their right mind could do such a thing? That is, make real threats to kill such that a scared victim had to surreptitiously call 000 for help. That however doesn't constitute being psychotic or meet the criteria of the mental health act to forcibly detain somebody.

Nothing psychotic about him. The alternative you posted was inadvertently tainted by the word psychotic.

Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 6:01 pm

CarringbushCigar wrote:
No YOU don't get it.

AFL:

MMM:

Ed apologised but he isn't sorry, as Sam pointed out when management asks you to apologise you do, or you find another job.

In the end he was damned if he did and damned if he didn't, i personally would've prefered he stuck to his guns because he didn't really have anything to apologise for IMO, the outrage police in this country are off their freakin heads.

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 70, 71, 72 ... 180, 181, 182  Next
Page 71 of 182   

Jump to: