Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post match: Tigers trounce Pies. All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 8:58 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

I fell asleep at quarter time. Highlight of the game it seems.
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 8:59 pm

thompsoc wrote:
Can someone tell me what was said in Bucks press conference.

This is pretty much the whole press conference but I'll link you the video nevertheless so you can see it for yourself.

http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/video/2015-08-22/we-went-away-from-the-plan

- "Clearly not happy with the last 20 minutes of the final quarter" - Pretty much stopped working for each other and lost trust in one another.

- "Went in with a couple of major focuses for this game, which included stopping Richmond's uncontested marks and the control of the footy, the other one was to be more measured when going inside 50" - They went away with the plan and the way they wanted to play. Turned into individuals rather than playing as a team.

- "The players don't trust what we've gone in with" - The players lost confidence after things weren't going our way early in the match. Effort of the whole season has gone unrewarded but it's still not acceptable though that we dropped off at the end.

- "The most deflating thing was allowing Richmond to score so easily" - Half their entries into inside 50s were goals and we couldn't defend. Clearances and contested possessions were even, tackle count was up but no surprise considering we didn't have the ball as much as they did.

- "Not talking about finals heading into this match and we were just focused on playing four quarters of solid football"

- "We need to stay the course for the next two games" - Eight more quarters of football left for the season to try and improve and maintain a consistent effort that wasn't seen today.

- "We play for a result, but we have nothing to aspire to in the short-term in the sense that we won't play finals but you need to fight through that" - Bucks talking about Pendles saying that they had 'nothing to play for today'.

- "Levi Greenwood put in a four-quarter effort today" - Wants to see him finish the season strongly despite the injury setback at the start of the year.

- "No injuries today" - Says that Cloke and Reid struggled to cover the ground today after being back from injuries a few weeks back. Five or six young guys are not footy-hardened yet and that won't shift in the short-term.

- "Didn't have enough grunt at ground level" - Needed more from the likes of Fasolo, Elliott and Blair, hence they subbed Fasolo off for De Goey in the third quarter.

courtza 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 9:09 pm

One of the many things that concern me about the team is the 2 big backs.

Frosty and Brown just seem to be professional spoilers, they rarely get possies, take marks, kick offensively. They just seem to be really good at spoiling.

Can we afford to have 2 guys like this in the team, Gibson and Lake same job but very proactive, Mcgovern and Schofield, Rance and Batchelor, Thompson and Tarrant etc. etc.

I know Frost is still young but I hope they dont turn Marsh into the dedicated spoiler.
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 9:13 pm

Jezza wrote:
piedys wrote:
And to all those poor supporters who turn up to the game each week, and part with your hard-earned cash to watch farces like this... well I actually don't know what to say to you.
I'm just about lost for words...

I'll probably attend next week's match against Geelong despite the anger I'm experiencing at the moment but I don't blame those who don't wish to attend.

The club is playing like the season is already over!

Well, you are indeed a die-hard. Tipsmehattoya!

ANNODAM wrote:
piedys wrote:
I'm just about lost for words...

Dyso lost for words...

Wonders will never cease!

The coach and players have just about broken me good...

Jezza wrote:
thompsoc wrote:
- "Didn't have enough grunt at ground level" - Needed more from the likes of Fasolo, Elliott and Blair, hence they subbed Fasolo off for De Goey in the third quarter.

Starting DeGoey as the sub - FMD. Yet ANOTHER Buckley FAIL.
Fasolo; any player being subbed off at 1/2-time, let alone prior to 3/4-time, should surely suggest that their 2015 season, if not career, is kaput.

Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 9:19 pm

Our forward crumbers are shit, I lost count of the times we didn't have a crumber at the back of pack mark situations, the Tiges always did though and they took the ball away with ease.

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 9:20 pm

Defender wrote:
Our forward crumbers are shit, I lost count of the times we didn't have a crumber at the back of pack mark situations, the Tiges always did though and they took the ball away with ease.

Bone idle lazy, bludging forwards, we have in spades.

Bucks2014 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 9:25 pm

I agree pretty much with bucks analysis. First time this year I've seen them basically just give up. The last quarter was appalling.

The positive for me was Greenwood, he will be a good player for us. Clearly his best game for the year. His injury obviously took him time to find his feet, no pun intended, actually it was his ankle wasn't it.

Never seen so many 50s, there was one umpire decision that I still can't believe. Trav tried to tackle Houli and houli fended him off but the umpire gave houli the free kick for a high tackle wtf?

Anyway looking forward to 2016.

swooper 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 9:31 pm

John Wren wrote:
as a collingwood member i must thank the richmond supporters for filling our coffers and the spaces left by those who have jumped off our bandwagon.

Interesting to see how many Tiger supporters were sitting in the Ponsford stand today....' the Collingwood stand'??? I think not...
thompsoc 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 9:37 pm

piedys wrote:
Defender wrote:

Bone idle lazy, bludging forwards, we have in spades.

Yes, every time it went over the back of the pack in the forward 50 it was mopped up by Richmond. Every bloody time!!!

thompsoc 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 9:42 pm

Bucks2014 wrote:

The positive for me was Greenwood, he will be a good player for us. Clearly his best game for the year. His injury obviously took him time to find his feet, no pun intended, actually it was his ankle wasn't it.

I've watched Levi closely for a number of weeks now and I am not that impressed.
He is a tough hard working player. But he has no flair, he is slow and a poor user of the ball. He brings nothing that we haven't got already.
He is not a lemon but he is nothing special except for his hardness.

thompsoc 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 9:45 pm

Jezza wrote:
thompsoc wrote:

This is pretty much the whole press conference but I'll link you the video nevertheless so you can see it for yourself.

http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/video/2015-08-22/we-went-away-from-the-plan

- "Clearly not happy with the last 20 minutes of the final quarter" - Pretty much stopped working for each other and lost trust in one another.

- "Went in with a couple of major focuses for this game, which included stopping Richmond's uncontested marks and the control of the footy, the other one was to be more measured when going inside 50" - They went away with the plan and the way they wanted to play. Turned into individuals rather than playing as a team.

- "The players don't trust what we've gone in with" - The players lost confidence after things weren't going our way early in the match. Effort of the whole season has gone unrewarded but it's still not acceptable though that we dropped off at the end.

- "The most deflating thing was allowing Richmond to score so easily" - Half their entries into inside 50s were goals and we couldn't defend. Clearances and contested possessions were even, tackle count was up but no surprise considering we didn't have the ball as much as they did.

- "Not talking about finals heading into this match and we were just focused on playing four quarters of solid football"

- "We need to stay the course for the next two games" - Eight more quarters of football left for the season to try and improve and maintain a consistent effort that wasn't seen today.

- "We play for a result, but we have nothing to aspire to in the short-term in the sense that we won't play finals but you need to fight through that" - Bucks talking about Pendles saying that they had 'nothing to play for today'.

- "Levi Greenwood put in a four-quarter effort today" - Wants to see him finish the season strongly despite the injury setback at the start of the year.

- "No injuries today" - Says that Cloke and Reid struggled to cover the ground today after being back from injuries a few weeks back. Five or six young guys are not footy-hardened yet and that won't shift in the short-term.

Thank you for that .. i am sure myself and others are appreciative of this review.

didick 

didick

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 9:49 pm

And meanwhile the frickin saints, with no finals chance, are playing their guys out and showing some ticker.
Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 10:13 pm

The Saints drawing or winning was exactly what we needed to make finals. Too bad we pea hearted it up and threw it all away. Again.
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 10:16 pm

thompsoc wrote:
Bucks2014 wrote:

I've watched Levi closely for a number of weeks now and I am not that impressed.
He is a tough hard working player. But he has no flair, he is slow and a poor user of the ball. He brings nothing that we haven't got already.
He is not a lemon but he is nothing special except for his hardness.
''

Ball going around anther 12 months would have added more. Levi has a bit of meh about him.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 10:16 pm

Wokko wrote:
The Saints drawing or winning was exactly what we needed to make finals. Too bad we pea hearted it up and threw it all away. Again.

We are not good enough to make Finals. Season was over when we lost to the Dees

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 8 of 12   

Jump to: