Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Grossly Unfair AFL

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Piethagoras' Theorem Taurus

the hypotenuse, is always a cakewalk

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 7:33 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

But wait.. there's more Very Happy

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 7:37 pm

MK 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 7:38 pm

How do you do that shit....

Bet you can't make JOFFA & Tess whoever kiss & make up...!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 7:48 pm

MK wrote:

Its nothing mate I've got a whole collection of em. Just a matter of picking the right moment. I get bored easily Smile

Captain_MyCaptain Leo

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 8:10 pm

DaVe86 wrote:
You would think really that with all the victorian sides in the comp that 1 could make top 4. I know that interstate sides get a lot of benefits, but the only reason we do not have a double chance this year is due to a big form slump mid-year.

Dave - don't dare mention the good old fashioned mid season slump. All A OK, according to Joffa.

Ultimately, we should have made top 4. But theres not much else we can do now. I cant really see another way the finals series could be structured

Is there a FAIRER system Joffa? Stop sooking like a little school girl.

rocketronnie 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 10:46 pm

Not much different to say here. We are in the position we are due to the fact we royally screwed up games we should have won. End of story.

And Subiaco is not the impregnable bastion some think. Interstate teams have won there against both Freo and The Eagles. You just have to be good enough to do it.

The answer for 2007 is simple. Be a more determined, more skilled and generally improved football side and win more games!

nomadjack 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 10:57 pm

As a matter of interest Joffa, tell me this, how do you reconcile your support for Eddie with your hatred of the corporatisation of football. I would have thought Eddie has played a pretty central role in the direction of the game as a whole as well as the club over the past decade. This isn't a crack at him as I think he's been great for the club (or a crack at you for that matter), but I would have thought, given your views expressed in this thread that you would be at polar opposites to where Eddie's coming from.
joffa corfe 

PREMIERS 2010

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 4:49 am

MK wrote:

<Off topic, back-seat moderation deleted - BBMods>

joffa corfe 

PREMIERS 2010

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 4:57 am

nomadjack wrote:
As a matter of interest Joffa, tell me this, how do you reconcile your support for Eddie with your hatred of the corporatisation of football. I would have thought Eddie has played a pretty central role in the direction of the game as a whole as well as the club over the past decade. This isn't a crack at him as I think he's been great for the club (or a crack at you for that matter), but I would have thought, given your views expressed in this thread that you would be at polar opposites to where Eddie's coming from.

My support for eddie and why i've always supported eddie is well documented in the Michael Roberts latest book ' The barrackers are Shouting ' Smile

joffa corfe 

PREMIERS 2010

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 5:14 am

MK9 wrote:
spoljar wrote:
Perhaps the Collingwood Marketing Department can use this for the 2007 Membership Drive, "I was there when we travelled Interstate and lost, its just not fair"

Might aswell start with the excuses now even before we have played our first final! Why not, it will make us all feel better for the next 5 months in the off season blaming everything else!

spoljar wrote:
It's always easier to blame something else!
50 years of Conspiracy Theories = Two Premierships!

I like these two statements.

Joffa, I disagree with the point you have made. You do have a right to complain about it though. We understood the rules at the start of the season and our fate was in our own hands.

You have no right to complain about the rules now. If you were unhappy with the situation and the rules, then you should have complained about it before the first game of the season. Bring it up at the AGM, and try to get the club to do something about it.

Complaining about it now makes you (and Collingwood supporters) sound like a petulant child.

Joffa, I love and appreciate your work for the Club and the community, but you are doing yourself no favours acting in this way.

It is grossly unfair that a winning side during a finals series only gets to play at the MCG once with the exception of a Grand Final.
If the bottom four of the eight are going to be treated like shit scrap the whole bloody thing and just have a top four finals series
The final eight was never designed to realistically give team number seven and eight a chance of winning a flag it is designed to attract as many dollars as possible.
Its all false hope it's all bullshit, the heartland of AFL football is now very much the poor cousin whilst the evil empire the AFL will continue to do all it can to favour interstate clubs it has to because the national competiton has to work and it is working but at the expense of all Melbourne based football clubs...it has created a monster have a look at where the cup has gone over the last ten years...i got some news for you all the next years will be no different!!

Pa Marmo 

Side by Side

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 7:34 am

I must admit i do believe victorian clubs will never be a formidable power again unless the number of sides in victoria is cut to perhaps eight or even six sides.
MK9 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 9:38 am

joffa corfe wrote:
It is grossly unfair that a winning side during a finals series only gets to play at the MCG once with the exception of a Grand Final.

Would it be fairer if Collingwood finished 2nd, lost the first final, and then had to play at Subiaco or Adleaide the following week because West Coast finished 8th and won their elimination final?
joffa corfe wrote:
If the bottom four of the eight are going to be treated like shit scrap the whole bloody thing and just have a top four finals series. The final eight was never designed to realistically give team number seven and eight a chance of winning a flag it is designed to attract as many dollars as possible.

Teams finishing 7th and 8th do have a realistic chance, they just have to win every game they play in the finals. Probably unlikely, but it is still a better chance than finishing 9th.
joffa corfe wrote:
Its all false hope it's all bullshit, the heartland of AFL football is now very much the poor cousin whilst the evil empire the AFL will continue to do all it can to favour interstate clubs it has to because the national competiton has to work and it is working but at the expense of all Melbourne based football clubs...it has created a monster have a look at where the cup has gone over the last ten years...i got some news for you all the next years will be no different!!

I agree with what someone else wrote, that there are too many Victorian Clubs for Victorian Clubs to be a true force (ie 8 Vic Clubs in the finals.)

Joffa, you are still not making any constructive argument with your comments above.

If you don't like it, use a forum available to you to bring up constructive solutions to the problems as you see it. Bring to gether like minded people, and work on a plan of action to change what you can. Have a real crack at it, otherwise you'll just be unhappy with it for the rest of your life.
MK9 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 9:39 am
Post subject: Apologies to MKReply with quote

Sorry to MK as well.

The choice of a Name close to yours was unintentional.
Mike Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 9:42 am

joffa corfe wrote:
MK wrote:

Joffa, if you are going to use the ignore facility, you can't afford to make comment about what you think may have been said - or you'll make a fool of yourself.

In this instance, Tess said nothing.

For that, and your continued provocative habit of calling her 'it', I believe that you owe her an apology.
joffa corfe 

PREMIERS 2010

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 9:48 am

Mike wrote:
joffa corfe wrote:
MK wrote:

Joffa, if you are going to use the ignore facility, you can't afford to make comment about what you think may have been said - or you'll make a fool of yourself.

In this instance, Tess said nothing.

For that and your continued provocative habit of calling her 'it', I believe that you owe her an apology.

Well thats fair enough mike and if thats the case i indeed apologise Wink

I took the above reference as the same old shit was still happening it obviously didnt on this ocassion.
Thanks for pointing that out Mike Smile

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 8 of 12   

Jump to: