Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Deport them

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 26, 27, 28  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 9:13 pm
Post subject: Deport themReply with quote

I am sick and tired of hearing about so called Refugees who don't respect our laws. I am all for giving someone a fair go, but when they just continue to break laws its time to kick them out. You lock them up its better life than when they were at home. Start deporting them they may just modify their behaviour. We have clan/tribal warfare happening in suburbs of Melbourne and its out of control. Citizenship should not be given out so easily as well, 10 year qualifying period. You stuff up your out.
nomadjack 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 8:37 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Typical moronic bigots. If you are talking about the recent bashing death of a Sudanese refugee in outer Melbourne, police have said it wasn't gang-related and that the people who bashed him are white Australian born Australian citizens. I'd rather deport narrow-minded racist idiots.
David Libra

to wish impossible things

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 10:15 am

Is this what they call "straw-man" humour?
EBB 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 12:00 pm

How about we scatter imigrants all over Australia, rather than put a whole bunch of "known trouble makers" in one place (Noble Park - Dandenong - Springvale).
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 12:16 pm

They are placed in areas where there is no chance for any type of employment. Support services are few and far between. The police have no control, local councils have given up. You have local shop keepers selling up. Anyone who lives in those areas EBB see it all.
kickit2me Taurus

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 1:34 pm

Race ghetto's...just what Australia needs.....NOT!!
London Dave Aquarius

Ješte jedna pivo prosím

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 1:46 pm

Well said, we wouldn't want any coons walking down whites only streets, would we? Would you let your daughter go out with one? I can't stand how they all talk jibberish...I mean, thank god we've got a citizenship test now. If they know Captain Cook found Australia, that knowledge alone will enable them to stop all their criminal activity, and don't tell me that lot don't rob old grannies. I know mate. Just being able to recall Don Bradman's batting average should enable them to feed their families. What, those reffo's have bought their families here?, bludging on the taxpayer.

Whilst we're at it, let's deport all those who don't respect our laws and values. We can start by emptying all the prisons....that should make us safer.

Oh, and those dirty foreigners smell too! (but not as much as me after all the shit I've just dribbled)
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 7:14 pm

Geez, this is risky but I'll stick my neck out and take a stab at being serious here.

Australia was built on immigration, ever since the first aboriginals walked here over land bridges that no longer exist over 10,000 years ago.

Imigrants of all races have added immeasurably to Australia's cuture.

The main issue, is with assimilation. And by that, I don't mean that they have to act like "us" and forget all about their own culture and heritage, it's about trying to adapt and fit in. Sticking ots of refugees in the same location has benefits in that it gives them social networks and support but has disadvantages in that it discourages assimilation. There is a balance needed.

The other issue is when we bring refugees from paces like the Sudan where they have been suffering from civil war for years. Sometimes, just to get here, they've had to spend years travelling across country (countries) from one refugee camp to another, avoiding being arrested and shot. Not necessarily a lifestyle that is going to imbue kids with respect fo uniformed authority figures. Plus, add to that, our laws are comparatively weak and mild. Here, a 16 year old who bashes someone for $20 will get released on bail fairly quickly on a first offence. Where they come from, they'd likely just get shot.

The federal government has called a temporary halt to African refugee intake, which I believe is a good idea.

I do also support the idea of deportation for rogues who refuse to accept the laws of this country and act in accordance with them. An Australian prison would be a 5 star holiday resort compared to some of the camps they've come from.

For the rest, more effort needs to be put into assimilation and understanding with the aim that, no matter where they come from, at least the kids born here will/can identify themselves as an Australian.

Thats my 2 cents worth anyway. Feel free to call me a right /left winger or racist or whatever floats your boat if you're that way inclined. I'm beyond giving a rats about the opinions of narrow minded fools.

David Libra

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 7:23 pm

Great post Stui... not much to disagree with there.

Assimilation seems to be a dirty word these days, but I really think that is the key.

People might disagree, but I think there needs to be more of an emphasis on immigrants identifying themselves as 'Australian' (although, admittedly, that probably cannot realistically occur until second generation). Cultural enclaves are the antithesis of that, and just lead to division and conflict.

Brewer's Droop Virgo

HIC

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 7:43 pm

SO you were one of teh ones that supported the singing of that racist song by Collingwood fans?
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 8:59 pm

ironic somewhat that in the not oft sung second verse of the national anthem is the line ... "for those who come across the seas, we've boundless plains to share". maybe not if you were on the tampa.

i was a benefactor of the immigration laws back in the early 70s and mighty grateful that i was given a better life than what i may have confronted in my homeland. i consider myself one of the more fortunate because i had a good education and upbringing.

some are not so fortunate but that should not prevent them from grabbing the opportunities presented to them rather than taking this great country for a ride and biting the hand that feeds them. imagine if we did that in other countries. we'd be deported in a flash.

R E S P E C T. it's not much to ask for.

David Libra

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 9:03 pm

Brewer's Droop wrote:
SO you were one of teh ones that supported the singing of that racist song by Collingwood fans?

What racist song?

You can quote me on this: I have never, ever made any racist comments towards green muppets.

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 9:09 pm

Jock McPie wrote:
ironic somewhat that in the not oft sung second verse of the national anthem is the line ... "for those who come across the seas, we've boundless plains to share". maybe not if you were on the tampa.

i was a benefactor of the immigration laws back in the early 70s and mighty grateful that i was given a better life than what i may have confronted in my homeland. i consider myself one of the more fortunate because i had a good education and upbringing.

some are not so fortunate but that should not prevent them from grabbing the opportunities presented to them rather than taking this great country for a ride and biting the hand that feeds them. imagine if we did that in other countries. we'd be deported in a flash.

R E S P E C T. it's not much to ask for.

Agree Jock. In some ways, you were probably luckier than a lot of your kin.

I like to think Australia is a very tolerant society despite the bleatings of a few far left fringe dwellers, but surely we've got a right to expect a certain standard of behaviour.

nomadjack 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 9:12 pm

Sorry to let facts get in the way of a good redneck rant Jimbobs and Jolenes.

http://www.theage.com.au/news/national/sudanese-crime-only-1-per-cent/2007/10/03/1191091183260.html

As for the formation of ethnic ghettoes. Have a look at the provision or rather the lack of provision of refugee support services these days, real estate prices and the rules associated with Temporary Protection Visas.

Assuming your second post is a poor taste attempt at humour Culprit. Like your idea at encouraging assimilation by making it more difficult to get citizenship. That'll do the trick I'm sure Rolling Eyes .
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 9:20 pm

Sorry Nomadjack, is there anything in that Age article that contradicts anything I said??? Or wre you addressing the redneck jibe elsewhere?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 26, 27, 28  Next
Page 1 of 28   

Jump to: