Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Cheersquad Location

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Your Cheer Squad

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bruno 

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 11:52 am
Post subject: Cheersquad LocationReply with quote

Hello folks.

Has anyone considered moving the cheersquad back into the general admission section in order to get more numbers on match days?

This is the way it was for VFL Park and MCG matches back in the 1980's.

I find at the moment, the cheersquad is a bit isolated from most of the people who want to make a lot of noise / colour at the footy, (chant's, signs, etc).

I am not a cheersquad member, but would be happy to sit near it and chant along with you if I could.
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 12:07 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

each club has its own specific seating configuration for their home matches.

change the seating area to ga rather than moving the cs. where could it move to? you'd want it to remain behind the goals.

Bruno 

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 3:49 pm

I think top deck behind the goals of either the Southern Stand or the Western Stand end.

Do you remember the days of the old Southern Stand at the MCG? There would be hundreds if not thousands joining in with every chant.

For mine, the objective of the cheersquad should be to get that happening again.

It would be interesting to find out how many people who join the winners circle, don't actually sit in or near the cheersquad because they don't have the money to purchase a reserved seat.

jmcp... if you are a member of / organiser of the cheersquad, please note I am not trying to tell you how to do your job / step on your toes etc. Hopefully instead you can look at me as someone who just want's to put some ideas out there to try and help you guys make the Collingwood cheersquad head and shoulders above all others.
piesfan5 Leo

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 4:37 pm

beautiful suggestions Bruno!

I agree this is what the cheersquad should be like, we have proved through the winners circle, interstate trips and the magpie army marches, especially this years vs saints is that there are plenty of loud people who want to make noise and be a part of something loud and special and sadly about 0.05% of them are a part of the official cheersquad.

I feel it would be great to make it a general admission area and free for all, look at how well standing room works, it is this that needs to be done, or you can be a part of a congeregation of pies fans if we can all meet in a general admission area with banners, noise, songs etc, it would be brilliant.

Please join www.blackwhitearmy.proboards.com

I LOVE ARSENAL F.C.
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 6:28 pm

Bruno wrote:
I think top deck behind the goals of either the Southern Stand or the Western Stand end.

Do you remember the days of the old Southern Stand at the MCG? There would be hundreds if not thousands joining in with every chant.

For mine, the objective of the cheersquad should be to get that happening again.

It would be interesting to find out how many people who join the winners circle, don't actually sit in or near the cheersquad because they don't have the money to purchase a reserved seat.

jmcp... if you are a member of / organiser of the cheersquad, please note I am not trying to tell you how to do your job / step on your toes etc. Hopefully instead you can look at me as someone who just want's to put some ideas out there to try and help you guys make the Collingwood cheersquad head and shoulders above all others.

nah, i ain't a member of the cs. i have a legends membership but i sat with a few on them for many games though and in the last year built up a number of good friendships.

i have my own views on what could be improved but will air them at the appropriate time to the appropriate people.

my biggest concern about the cs for melbourne games is that it is not one in, all in. i don't quite understand why people are allowed to sit in the area if they don't 'cheer'.

it's fabulous for interstate games and many, many supporters consider it an privilege and highlight to be part of the cs when it 'tours'. you don't get that same respect when in melbourne. probably a result of complacency and taking things for granted.

oh, one last thing ... old habits diehard - loved your reference to the western stand! Wink

punkologist Aries

Barwick goals, the pies are home!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 2:56 pm

Bruno wrote:

i remember when the cs sat on the second level of the old ponsford and even sometimes the top level at VFL park.

Those were the days, bring em back I say. Move to the top deck where everyone can join in.
piesfan5 Leo

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 5:15 pm

id definately support that it would be brilliant, how about we go with willows idea and form one on level three, you get hardcore fans on level three and there is more people to join in, do you think it could work punkologist?
I LOVE ARSENAL F.C.
punkologist Aries

Barwick goals, the pies are home!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 5:43 pm

piesfan5 wrote:
id definately support that it would be brilliant, how about we go with willows idea and form one on level three, you get hardcore fans on level three and there is more people to join in, do you think it could work punkologist?

why not?

I'm a legends member so have reserved seats but i would be willing to make a few appearances.
piesfan5 Leo

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 7:24 pm

you absolute superstar mate we would love you on board given your knowledge of how to make this work from the southern terrace, we can have beer in hand and start singing and we will be away! GO PIES!
I LOVE ARSENAL F.C.
archie Pisces

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 10:01 pm

Please don't move the cheersquad anywhere near me - thanks.
Fire Up Sagittarius

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 10:03 pm

^^^ where you sit?
archie Pisces

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 10:27 pm

I'm a bit nomadic. Float around from top and bottom levels of Olympic Stand, to top level of Great Southern Stand. Have ended up around cheersquad - but to be honest I usually try and look away 'cos I'm so embarrassed. No offence, as you guys do try. You are just leading in completely the wrong direction, and you'll never get anyway the way you're going. Thanks Smile.
sam. Capricorn

formally known as BRoDieZ^BaBY

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 11:39 pm

archie wrote:
I'm a bit nomadic. Float around from top and bottom levels of Olympic Stand, to top level of Great Southern Stand. Have ended up around cheersquad - but to be honest I usually try and look away 'cos I'm so embarrassed. No offence, as you guys do try. You are just leading in completely the wrong direction, and you'll never get anyway the way you're going. Thanks Smile.

thanks for..??

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Your Cheer Squad All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: