Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

What cheeses you off?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Chicks Channel

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
View previous topic :: View next topic  
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 12:39 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Kingswood wrote:
yeh he went for an abbreviated version of Jock MckPie. He also didn't like my abbreviation suggestion 'Joke' Confused

that wasn't lost on me. Mad a more sophisticated, suave, contemporary me. Rolling Eyes

mel_kay39 

PIES PREMIERS 2010

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 12:21 pm

sam. wrote:
mel_kay39 wrote:
sam. wrote:
mel_kay39 wrote:
sam. wrote:
mel_kay39 wrote:

And to Sam - that's bad luck, mate. Happened to me, recently too. They hired too many casuals so it was a case of, last hired, first fired. But I got another job straight away, so I have no dount you will too. And you have youth on your side, which helps. I'd love a data entry job cos I'm a pretty fast typist.

well its been going good!
as i said i had an interview thursday, and i had 2 on friday.
got a 2nd interview on tuesday, and 2nd interview on wednesday so at the moment it isnt going to bad!

i've just discovered my typing speed.. had to do a few tests..
73 words per minute! couldnt belive it!! haha.

wow - I'm not as fast as that. Probably about 65 is the fastest I've been recorded at. It helps when there aren't a lot of punctuation marks (like in dialogue) to put in, as well. That tends to slow me down.

if anyone wants an update - i was offered 2 different jobs on wednesday, but i declined both.
one because the guy was so horrible and rude in the interview i really DONT want to work for him. bugger that.
and number 2 was with anz, and it ended up only being a 3 month position. so they wasted my time. two interviews (first one went for 2 hours, second one 1/2 hr) but yeah.
fingers crossed i have this other job i went for (again, 2 interviews) but i wont find out until the end of next week Sad

I'd love to be able to knock back jobs. Unfortunatly don't have that luxury. I have rent to pay, my partner is threatning to quit his job because he hates it and he could have his dole cut off. So I'm kind of stuck.

yeah, i have stuff to pay as well - although i dont want to work for a knob of a boss. i wouldnt stay long enough to receive my first pay.

jmcp wrote:
three months is better than no months and you just never know where it might go. anyway, hope it works out for you.

not when it means i'm out of a job just before christmas it isnt.
i'd rather stay at where i am now till the rest of my notice runs out and keep looking for something else.

it feels like im defending myself on why i declined these two jobs.
i have my reasons guys!

No you don't have to defend yourself. I was just in a crappy place at the time I asked why you declined the jobs. None of the admin stuff i'd applied for had even given me an interview, I'm guessing cos of my age - so the fact that someone was being offered jobs left right and centre kind of got to me, but it's not your fault Sam. If anyone's interested, I have actually landed a pretty cool casual position as a copywriter for World Wide Entertainment. They distribute documentaries and post them on their website. I've just started but it's a lot of fun watching the docos then writing about them!

foxychick Gemini

jay

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 12:47 pm

mel_kay39 wrote:
I know... I do that with my daughters' homework. It annoys me that some of their teachers don't even pick up obvious mistakes. I should go through it with a different coloured pen to theirs and show them up, LOL. Make those primary school teachers work for a living! Sorry, Nutmeg!! You must be the exception to the rule!

I'm a Primary School Teacher and I think that statement is too much of a generalisation. To me, that statement is an insult because I know I work very hard and have high standards not only for myself but for the children. We are human too.

What cheeses me off is how people think Teaching is a 9-3.30 job with great holidays! I can tell you...I don't want to see children in my holidays...or hear any nagging about who stole my pencil, this person and that person has been mean to me every single minute!! We spend our money on so many resources to make the students' learning enriching. We go home thinking what we can do to make tomorrow better and if a kid is really ticking us off we can't say F*** off! lol We always have to be on our best behavior outisde of school as it is teachers who are scrutinised for everything. Teacher's also work on their holidays I know already that I have to plan for next term! A lot of teachers say it's like we wish our lives away everyday because we look forward to weekends. I'm sure this is like every profession. =)

foxychick Gemini

jay

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 12:53 pm

Magpie Girl wrote:
I'm so over all this shit.
My friend has been ignoring me & all our other friends all week. We have no idea what the hell we've done but we have a slight idea. If it's what we think it is, it is extremely childish.
Last Tuesday something happened that we weren't really sure about. on Wednesday & Thursday she was fine. We were all civil. I wasn't at school on friday & apparently sh ignored 2 of my friends who were at school. On Monday she hardly said a word to me or anyone else, likewise on tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday.
By Thursday we'd all had enough of this shit. She hadn't spoken to us even when we'd tried to talk to her, it was pointless. So myself & the other 5 of us were talking about what we were going to do. All we wanted to do was talk to her & find out what was going on.
She found out that we wanted to talk to her & started texting me a heap of shit. I started ignoring it but then I gave up & began texting back.
She is now blaming all of us for ignoring her, when it is really the other way around.

Then today my friend decided to try talking to her while she sat near us. My friends said her peace & got no reply from this other friend because she was ignoring her.... We tried.

It's so stupid whatever it is. We don't want to fight or anything, but she is really pushing it.

Why do friendships have to be so bloody complicated!!! Confused

You know what, let it be her problem not yours. You're not the one with the issue it's her. If she wanted to be friends she would make an effort to become friends again.
Sometimes it's better to say nothing than to add fuel to the fire. It is her choice and it has nothing to do with you. When she is ready she MAY speak however, she's not worth (as hard as it is to accept) your worry as I'm sure you can spend your energies on something that is worthwhile!

You have wonderful friends around you, celebrate that! When she is ready I'd say she'd start talking to tell you how she feels because it seems she wants confrontation. It is extremely childish. There is a saying you get what you recieve, so if you are to participate in childish games, then that's the response you'll get back. So don't worry about her. It's not your problem anymore seriously. There's better things to hone into!! =)

yadster#13 Leo

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 12:58 pm

we know about this first hand foxy Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Chicks Channel All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5   

Jump to: