Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Cheer Squad dress

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Your Cheer Squad

View previous topic :: View next topic  
rambopriscilla Sagittarius

vvv USE FOUND FOR CAT!

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 8:16 pm
Post subject: Cheer Squad dressReply with quote

I would have thought there would be some sort of dress code for the cheer squad, with pretty much 4 options:

1/. Black
2/. White
3/. Both
4/. On special occasions, gold lame

WTF was with the bright green on Friday night? Viewing from the HFF it looked shite. Those 2 people on the fence need to take a good hard look at themselves.

- "No that's God. He just tries to play like Millane"
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 8:24 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

don't forget the orange wizard caps.
cobood Aquarius

In Bucks I trust!

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 12:17 am

The organge wizard caps we had to wear because of the sponsor... sri if they offended...... But money talks!
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 9:30 am

nah, not at all. they just looked very bright, very orange! commercial reality dictates why it occured and if i were wizard i'd want to advertise in front of 80,000 people too.
JBJ 

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 9:41 am

Always has been a gripe with me!!! I understand about the orange sponsor caps but people wearing colours other than the black and white in the cheersquad just want to stand out on the telly. They certainly did!
Yobbo^LuKa Libra

=[(World Champion)]=

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 8:25 pm

Im wearing bright pink next week anyway...Just try and stop me!
Fire Up Sagittarius

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 8:34 pm

should be a rule to sit in cs wear balck and white otherswise go sit some where else. surely people have at least got a collingwood jumper/scarf they can wear.

kind of part of the reason why cs has gone down hill! people wearing what they want and getting good seats for the footy.
Fire Up Sagittarius

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 8:35 pm

Yobbo^LuKa wrote:
Im wearing bright pink next week anyway...Just try and stop me!

you wear pink and ill SHOOT u! im not having a guy wearing bright pink sit next to me!
CAAS 

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 9:10 pm

A little story for everyone. A few years ago, when i was a member of the CS and dedicated many hours helping out, i was politely informed by the club that i was to wear black or white or both only. No other colors were to be worn. I used to wear whatever t shirt i could be bothered wearing but understood where they were coming from as they were right, it didnt look good but now, well, seems you can wear whatever you like which i think is a joke. there are people that when i was a member, threw many stones in their glass house and now they sit their wearing blue, green, red or whatever. If there is a sponsorship going on, fine, but otherwise, wear your white, black or both tops only.
What looks even worse from where i stand is when everyone goes out on the ground for the banner, nobody looks unified. what happened to the CS jackets that were worn only when you went onto the ground?

An old banner once read:
The Colors, The Song
Our history is grand
Be Proud, Be Strong

we are the loyalist, football supporters
the world has ever had.
cobood Aquarius

In Bucks I trust!

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 9:12 pm

Well said CAAS!!!
CAAS 

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 9:19 pm

thank you Frankie
the world has ever had.
Swanny21 Leo

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 1:03 pm

Was this done purely for a reaction?
I ask because I have just finished reading 13 pages, or 130 odd messages, on this very topic and a few of them were questioning the motives of those who were "offended" by this anathama, as mine will be here. It just seems to me that some people can do whatever they like and the rest of us just need to shut up. One educated minion even suggested that the reason "I" or "We" or "They" or "Them" don't like like it is some kind of penis envy. I follow Collingwood, not joffa. He can wear what he likes to the game, but he must realise that he is doing it in my bloody loungeroom and I don't like it and I pay my dues which he is lucky enough to take his share out of and if you continue to do this I shall demand you come off the payroll or else I shall not renew, or Smile

be bloody man enough to accept some criticism from those of us who don't see it the way you do

ROTFLMAOPIMP. You are all a joke and very much in the minority, a vocal minority though, I'll give you that

Go for it boys, I'll take whatever you can throw at me, I need a good laugh. Doing it naked will be a great , can't wait for it. Can we save that one for carlton?

p.s. please be gentle, I'm fragile:) And if 5% of the repliees understand where I'm coming from I'l be more than happy:)

p.p.s. Note for the Moderators, I wanted to post this in the thread on the main page but thought you might delete and yellowcard me for it. This is a legitimate concern and should be answered with respect. If you can't see that this nonsense is divisive then this site is dead
CAAS 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 10:09 pm

beautiful post swanny.

It is only a minority that wear what they want and it is that same minority that cannot take critisimn.

the world has ever had.
rambopriscilla Sagittarius

vvv USE FOUND FOR CAT!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 12:39 am

Swanny21 wrote:
Was this done purely for a reaction?
I ask because I have just finished reading 13 pages, or 130 odd messages, on this very topic and a few of them were questioning the motives of those who were "offended" by this anathama, as mine will be here. It just seems to me that some people can do whatever they like and the rest of us just need to shut up. One educated minion even suggested that the reason "I" or "We" or "They" or "Them" don't like like it is some kind of penis envy. I follow Collingwood, not joffa. He can wear what he likes to the game, but he must realise that he is doing it in my bloody loungeroom and I don't like it and I pay my dues which he is lucky enough to take his share out of and if you continue to do this I shall demand you come off the payroll or else I shall not renew, or Smile

be bloody man enough to accept some criticism from those of us who don't see it the way you do

ROTFLMAOPIMP. You are all a joke and very much in the minority, a vocal minority though, I'll give you that

Go for it boys, I'll take whatever you can throw at me, I need a good laugh. Doing it naked will be a great , can't wait for it. Can we save that one for carlton?

p.s. please be gentle, I'm fragile:) And if 5% of the repliees understand where I'm coming from I'l be more than happy:)

p.p.s. Note for the Moderators, I wanted to post this in the thread on the main page but thought you might delete and yellowcard me for it. This is a legitimate concern and should be answered with respect. If you can't see that this nonsense is divisive then this site is dead

NO ONE can understand the bottom half of that post.

If you are asking if this thread was started purely for reaction I assure you it was not. I simply wanted to voice my opinion that I feel, as a proud Collingwood person, that wearing bright green jackets in the Collingwood cheersquad was inappropriate and looked horrible and sent a message that cheapens Collingwood. When Eddie first became president one thing that he stated several times was that he wanted us to have the best cheersquad. Well, I don't reckon Eddie thinks that the league's best cheersquad would appear in colours other than their club's colours.

I originally started the topic here, and with hardly anyone reading it, I asked for it to be moved to GD. When it wasn't, I started it there also, simply because I really wanted the two people in bright green to know that to a reasonable person, their choice of either clothing or location was inappropriate. I was trying to say, if you want to sit in the cheersquad, surely you must wear black and white. If you want to wear your bright green jacket, sit somewhere else. I have never been a cheersquad member but I have always been a passionate Collingwood person and I wanted the club represented professionally. I had no idea that the thread would degenerate into a bitchy, political, point scoring, reputation questioning affair. It was never my intention, but you can never tell what direction some people will take some discussions.

If anyone wants to criticise me, go for it. My conscience is clear. All I want is the best for my club.

- "No that's God. He just tries to play like Millane"
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Your Cheer Squad All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: