Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Job vacancy - VFL coach

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The VFL Magpies

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
joffa corfe 

PREMIERS 2010

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 3:20 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Disgraceful .
How many of you blokes actually support our VFL side ?
Or do you just wait for TV games so you can come on here with all your venom.
Its a joy going to these games every week and offereing and giving support to our younger players.
Oh hang on i get it...support means to back slap when we're winning and kick these guys in the guts when losing...
Unbelievable....
Shame job!!
Grow up the lot of you!!

melliot 

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 4:56 pm

We're getting flogged in the second halves. Especially final Qs. Looks like the youth policy we are using in the VFL side is pretty much the reason for it. They just seem to drop right off. Which, if we were just worried about "development" and not the scoreboard, they just keep plugging away and not get so dishartened, drop off etc when the game is over.

Not sure why the CFC haven't recruited some very good senior VFL players to help strenghten and lead the way. Just my thoughts on the two Games I've seen on the ABC.

Happy for the side to be a development project, but they're getting flogged. I'm worried what culture that develops? Our better senior players in the side, Lonie, Cox, Egan, etc appear lazy and IMO are not the best footy role models for the younger ones. Just my observations from the outside.

The young ones certianly aren't going to learn the club song any better than when they were at Willi at the current rate! Smile
die4pies Scorpio

Homeward bound

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 6:35 pm

The side is unsettled. For about 40 minutes the boys click together and everything looks great, then the balance is lost and we lose our direction and purpose. Thats what happens for a first year club.

Rome was not built in a day.

We have a very inexperienced side that is finding its feet and will come good in the second half of the year. The win against The Borough in round one was no aboration, but when you look at the boys that are missing from that line up the recent results start to come into a clearer perspective.

optimax 

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 9:50 pm

Everyone sooking about our side does know this is basically the plan, play all of oru kids in the position they will in the seniors so they learn from day one instead of playing willi seconds or completely out of position.

Just look at the backine thoolen and casey-leigh Fb and CHB, and dawes and reid alternating FF and CHF. That is four 18 year olds in the four most important positions.

Plus a mdifield of Cook, stanley, iles, MacAffer, etc. They areall no older than 20.

We are trying to develop them in their position so when they come up to seniors they know their role, instead of stanley playing CHF then trying to be a mid in the seniors.

just give the side time, its basically all kids

John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 12:22 pm

i'm really not sure what some people were expecting to happen in the first 6 weeks.
3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 2:49 pm

Jock McPie wrote:
i'm really not sure what some people were expecting to happen in the first 6 weeks.

Players to recieve some socks at some stage!

www.facebook/the hybernators
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The VFL Magpies All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2   

Jump to: