Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Collingwood v Geelong

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The VFL Magpies

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mr. Chairman 

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 7:26 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

anyone know jurrah's date of birth or age.
Fire Up Sagittarius

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 7:47 pm

lol i was behind that guy that was doing those shitty chants. him and his nuff nuts.

he was garry lyon hairy.

dw joffs son (dan) mates were giving it to them from the 3rd qtr onwards.

they had no comebacks so then they said sumfin about millane.

it was a good effort by the boys but just faded in the last.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 8:39 pm

Mr. Chairman wrote:
anyone know jurrah's date of birth or age.

He'll be 20 in September.
WKB 

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 6:32 pm

A few days late but again another fairly dissappointing loss, especially the fade out, but I'm finding the fact we are able to try and use our players in positions we want etc as paramount at the moment.

Egan- Again I thought he had a pretty solid game, credit I don't think he gets is his ability to marshal on the field with voice and actions. And got more than enough of the footy

Anthony - As he is every week he was easily one of our best players (if not our best). If you want to watch a player who has mastered the art of positioning and/or body work then watch young Jack. Playing on players, bigger, taller, smaller than him his ability to adjust and position his opponent out of contests is brilliant.

Went off injured at one stage and looked like he was grabbing at his knee, then they worked on his calf and we asked him as he walked the boundary line and he said he was right and pointed to his ankle. Obviously came back on after halftime and was straight back into it.

Frost - Frosty had another good game, really worked hard at times when the team needed it. He runs and talks and has strong hands. Gets better and better every week.

Dyas - another who had a good game, from what I could see he was working in the midfield a lot of the day and defensively he needed to maybe work harder. But his attack on the pill is brilliant and his decision making is getting better.

Dawes - Dawesy had a shocker to be fair, dropped a couple of sitters, missed an easy shot at goal (shank you very much). Hopefully just one of those games.

Cox - I thought coxy was one of our best today, played defensively, and like he always does, backed himself, ran and created off the halfback line.

Wellingham - Easily BOG for me, good at clearances (the few times we did get them) but was a ball magnet.

Barham - I actually think there was a lot to like, got speed like his dad, but clearly was a bloke who hadn't played in how ever many weeks now, run out of puff.

Lonie - Got a lot of it, didn't do anything with it. And still refuses to go into a contest which constantly does my head in.

Thoolen - Thools was given a run around early, but kept with his opponent and made some good spoils etc. I think he is a real find considering the number he was taken in the draft. Still a big raw-boned kid but I think he could be a sleeper.

Reid - Reid started off really well and was one of our consistent performers for the day. Our delivery was really bad at times and he worked hard up the ground to provide an option, was good at ground level as well.

MacAffer - I don't know why but I'd like to see the 'caf given a go at AFL level, like brown I think he would flourish. Don't ask me to expand on that cause I can't really explain it. Was decent as a strong leading player yesterday. He's strong, very strong.

Iles - Sammy ran all day, but I don't think he had a massive influence, wasn't bad by any stretch, kept working all day.

Bryan - I think he's been in our top 4 VFL players all year, had another good game yesterday. He looks leaner (maybe it's me) and is able to run out games. Went in a heap at one stage in 3rd quarter but got up not long after and just ran off whatever injury it was.

McCarthy - Kid can play, I like him, works his absolute guts out and has pretty good disposal.

Stanley - I think he can still be the burns heir apparent if he wants to. Showed glimpses in the game of dominating, then faded back in to the pack. Needs to bridge those gaps.

Colbert - I like Colbert, I think he's gonna be a good player for our side this season. Not his greatest game, but on and off the bench.

Carmody - Shows great leadership I think, didn't get a lot of touches but I think he offers more than that to a young group.

Mugavin - Not quite as good as his first game but he's a tough little nut.

Crow - I always like players like crowy, gives his all, every minute of every game. He had a good game, even in that last quarter he was one of our better players.

Nicholls - Disposal let him down today, and didn't seem to be at the bottom of packs as usual. Not sure if he kicked any and we really need him kicking goals from midfield to win (that's my thoughts anyway)

Jurrah - Cult hero, really got us back in the game when taken off the bench and moved forward, a real target, taking marks at will, in front, from behind he'd leap, kicking goals. If you want to just simply enjoying watching footy get down to a VFL game and watch this guy play.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The VFL Magpies All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5   

Jump to: