Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

NBB Player Sponsorship 2008 - PLAYER POLL

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> NBB Player Sponsorship

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Which player would you like to see NBB sponsor in Season 2008?
John Anthony
46%
 46%  [ 35 ]
Shannon Cox
2%
 2%  [ 2 ]
Nathan Brown
1%
 1%  [ 1 ]
Ben Reid
5%
 5%  [ 4 ]
Danny Stanley
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Ryan Cook
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Chris Dawes
33%
 33%  [ 25 ]
Brad Dick
5%
 5%  [ 4 ]
Alan Toovey
2%
 2%  [ 2 ]
Sam Iles
2%
 2%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 75

John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 8:59 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

how much have we pledged in total? one club's board managed near $3.5k and their side is at the other end of the spectrum.
sam. Capricorn

formally known as BRoDieZ^BaBY

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 10:01 pm

CrazyAboutDaisy wrote:
Tess wrote:
http://www.magpies.net/nick/bb/viewtopic.php?t=12675&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Back in 2003 when we first started to sponsor a player this was the original discussion.

Cant find anything in there that sets in stone that the player who is sponsored has to be an up and comer.

yes, but look at the votes. says it all.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger  
John Wren Virgo

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 10:04 pm

sam. wrote:
CrazyAboutDaisy wrote:
Tess wrote:
http://www.magpies.net/nick/bb/viewtopic.php?t=12675&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Back in 2003 when we first started to sponsor a player this was the original discussion.

Cant find anything in there that sets in stone that the player who is sponsored has to be an up and comer.

and how many of those players are NOT up and comers?????

sam. Capricorn

formally known as BRoDieZ^BaBY

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 11:08 pm

Jock McPie wrote:
sam. wrote:
CrazyAboutDaisy wrote:
Tess wrote:

and how many of those players are NOT up and comers?????

well, no, i'm not talking about that. i was quoting crazyaboutdaisy. she was talking about the thread that tess quoted. as was i.

thanks.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger  
MargOZ Taurus

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 10:34 am

At the moment we have pledges of $1600. The total amount we need to pay the Club this year for a 'Player of the Future' is $1485.

Every year since we have run the sponsorship we have struggled when the time has come for people to 'pay up' and there have been years when the organisers have had to pay extra out of their own pockets to make up the difference.

The majority of NBB members who have made pledges are fantastic and do follow through, but there is always a handful that don't. I think it's great if other boards have been able to raise money in the thousands but it certainly hasn't happened in this forum in the past, and I have my doubts we have enough members interested in participating in the sponsorship to raise any more money than the minimum needed.

As mentioned, there's no problem discussing different sponsorship options for next season, as the player sponsorship is open to all members of NBB to participate in, but we need to ensure that whatever we all decide on, we can committ to covering it financially.

GO PIES!
Marg

Last edited by MargOZ on Tue Jan 29, 2008 10:49 am; edited 1 time in total
John Wren Virgo

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 10:41 am

having done similar co-ordination type roles in the past i admire those who take on the role, so a big thanks from me.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> NBB Player Sponsorship All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3   

Jump to: