Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Deport them

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 26, 27, 28  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 5:07 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Culprit wrote:
Racism is alive and well in Australia. We have a Government who has played the race card twice now in an effort to win the election. First time it got them in, lets see how the second one goes.

I don't mind being labled a racist. As far as I am concerned fix the issues we have here like lack of housing and no water then bring people in and when we do make sure services are provided. Just don't throw them in here with no support and then expect them to be like the rest of us. It does not work. If I am a racist for wanting that, so be it. I would rather my taxes fix our problems not theirs.

there is an approx. $7 billion surplus being waved around at the moment in the form of tax cuts. that's great if the rest of the money is allocated to truly fixing the problems facing australians today. if not, then i suggest that the tax cuts carrot be revoked and money spent sorting out basic essential services.

interestingly, 23,000 new zealanders crossed the ditch in the last year. thats about 400 per week deciding to make a new home for themselves in what they see as a prosperous society. presumably there is still the 2 year stand down period before being eligible for the benefit and other govt services? is that the same for other migrant categories?

Syd_Magpies_Girl Gemini

The Russell Street Pole Dancing Bogan

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 5:21 pm

CrazyAboutDaisy wrote:
This thread and alot of the general crap that is posted in the GD is really turning me off Nick's,and to a lesser degree,Collingwood.

Yes,everyone is entitled to their opinion,but they are not entitled to go out of their way to insult people and make them feel inferior which is what is going on.Regardless if you are directly doing it to someone or doing it to a collective group of people,nothing gives anyone on here the right to be doing so.

Post of the year.

nomadjack 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 5:43 pm

"Yes,everyone is entitled to their opinion,but they are not entitled to go out of their way to insult people and make them feel inferior which is what is going on.Regardless if you are directly doing it to someone or doing it to a collective group of people,nothing gives anyone on here the right to be doing so." CrazyAboutDaisy

Then they expect our government to hand out our money-tax payers money-so they can fund their gang war fare and get bumped up public housing lists and get the world given to them.It's not on! CrazyAboutDaisy

FFS can you not see that you are doing exactly what you are complaining about to refugees (ie insulting them and making them feel inferior) by suggesting they are sponging on tax-payers, getting into gang-warfare and having the world given to them (presumably undeservedly)?

If you want your views to be treated with a little respect, try showing some.
Syd_Magpies_Girl Gemini

The Russell Street Pole Dancing Bogan

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 6:02 pm

You guys aren't Radical Muslims by any chance?
Alec. J. Hidell 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 7:11 pm

Syd_Magpies_Girl wrote:
Frank Stone wrote:
Syd_Magpies_Girl wrote:
stui magpie wrote:
Frank Stone wrote:
We agree SMG

Rolling Eyes

Call him a *&%%^&(*^$, just like he called me a racist. See how it feels then Frank.

Feel free, I don't really mind what you call me, I am strong enough to be able to defend myself and respond in kind.
You'll find me a much harder opponent in any debate we may have, than those you would normally abuse on race issues.

Although *&%%^&(*^$ is a little juvenile isn't it?

Here's a few that you might want to use in any future discussions:
Intransigent
Unmoving
Steadfast
Unapologetic

Look 'em up, they are great words

For you, I'd use uneducated, and ill-informed.

Wether calling you a *&%%^&(*^$ is immature or whatever, I couldn't really careless. You went out of you way to insult me, and pretty much everyone else in this thread. I did not call you a *&%%^&(*^$, read what I said again.

I don't take insults very lightly, and you've just lost a lot of respect from your peers on here also.

Your behaviour the last week has been absolutely disgusting.

So you spew forth a vile racist diatribe and then you call my behavior disgusting.

Mmm, novel approach to debating you have there SMG

Alec. J. Hidell 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 7:12 pm

stui magpie wrote:
Quote:
Here's a few that you might want to use in any future discussions:
Intransigent
Unmoving
Steadfast
Unapologetic

^
And very accurate too.

You could also add intractable, narrow-minded, obtuse, obstinate and a few others.

Oooh, yeah, I like them

Alec. J. Hidell 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 7:14 pm

Syd_Magpies_Girl wrote:

And right on cue, here comes our resdident idiot

~Madness~ Aries

...The Cat...

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 7:27 pm

Syd_Magpies_Girl wrote:

Wink

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 7:28 pm

Who are you talking about? How old are you?
David Libra

to wish impossible things

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 9:31 pm

Chill out everybody. Christ.

Culprit started a thread with a certain argument. An argument I would disagree with, but one worth considering and debating regardless.

He then indulged in a little satire by adopting a 'racist' persona (devil's advocate/"straw-man" humour/whatever you call it), to make fun of... who exactly? London Dave did the same, except Culprit's posts were far more tasteless, and were thus deleted by the mods.

All hell broke loose with various insults, including 'racist', being thrown around. And yet the only one who actually made racist comments, was actually satirising people he saw as being racist.

Now Culprit, of all people, effectively accuses the Howard government of being racist.

Exactly where, then, are the racists in this thread? I'm genuinely struggling to find them.

Shame about this thread, there were actually some points worth debating... but I'm afraid that to find them, you'd have to drain out all the crap from it, which makes up around 90%.

EBB 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 9:44 pm

David wrote:

Shame about this thread, there were actually some points worth debating... but I'm afraid that to find them, you'd have to drain out all the crap from it, which makes up around 90%.

Page 1 of this thread is worth re-reading.

Piethagoras' Theorem Taurus

the hypotenuse, is always a cakewalk

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 10:35 pm

David wrote:

Culprit started a thread with a certain argument. An argument I would disagree with, but one worth considering and debating regardless.

He then indulged in a little satire by adopting a 'racist' persona (devil's advocate/"straw-man" humour/whatever you call it), to make fun of... who exactly? London Dave did the same, except Culprit's posts were far more tasteless, and were thus deleted by the mods.

All hell broke loose with various insults, including 'racist', being thrown around. And yet the only one who actually made racist comments, was actually satirising people he saw as being racist.

Now Culprit, of all people, effectively accuses the Howard government of being racist.

Exactly where, then, are the racists in this thread? I'm genuinely struggling to find them.

Hear hear David,

Don't know why but the look in your avatar's eyes certainly adds depth to your post. Wink

Ironically, if you viewed mine in a similar light you'd completely disregard all of my comments. Sad

John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 10:42 pm

frankiboy wrote:
Hear hear David,

Don't know why but the look in your avatar's eyes certainly adds depth to your post. Wink

Ironically, if you viewed mine in a similar light you'd completely disregard all of my comments. Sad

why is your emu late?

Piethagoras' Theorem Taurus

the hypotenuse, is always a cakewalk

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 10:45 pm

Head stuck in the sand Smile
David Libra

to wish impossible things

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 10:51 pm

As if Franki. Your emu has a lot of character Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 26, 27, 28  Next
Page 10 of 28   

Jump to: