Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

PF Final Team

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Williamstown Factor

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jonesy86 Pisces

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 8:54 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

the wind at Port Melb was terrible today

both 1sts and 2nds gave up after half time which was really disappointing

Cox, Presti, Toovey and Stanley were the best of the pies which is disappointing as 3 of them were defenders meaning the ball was down there far too often

the big Coburg ruckman just toyed with the Willy rucks today

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 12:16 am

Everyone seems to reckon Cox was good... I know this might be a big call, but why not throw him in the deep end next week. I reckon he adds as much to the side as O'Brien, and is probably more damaging in a one-on-one contest.

Still hoping that Presti could return to the side, but I guess that's kind of unlikely at the moment.

Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 12:17 am

They folded up like an Arab tent. I won't be surprised if Holland, Lonie and maybe even Lica have played their last games in black and white.
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 6:16 pm

Lonie and Holland have been injured so maybe have some excuse while sadly the pace of the game has passed Lica by. A very disappointing way to end the alignment. Its going to be very hard barracking against Willi when they play Collingwood reserves.
Dale61 

You can't have manslaughter without laughter.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 3:56 am

Things are starting to become clearer each day.

Word has it, and it is more than just a rumour, is that Williamstown had already agreed to an alignment with the Bullies prior to the weekend, and were just waiting for a/. the season to come to an end, and b/. Collingwood to pack up and leave Burbank Oval. To add further fuel, Gotchy has, apparently, already been appointed as an assistant coach at Whitten Oval and will continue on as Williamstown coach.

Any wonder he wasn't the least bit upset with the insipid second half performance.

Hooked
~Madness~ Aries

...The Cat...

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 7:51 pm

So there's been more news after this statement Dale??

Werribee Bulldogs partnership

The Werribee Football Club would like to reiterate that is has a further year to go in its alliance with the Western Bulldogs Football Club.The Werribee Football Club has no reason to believe that the contract between the two clubs will not be honoured

~Madness~ Aries

...The Cat...

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 7:53 pm

Seagulls run over by fierce Tigers in 2nd half

Williamstown fell at the Preliminary Final hurdle for the second year in row this time losing to the Coburg Tigers by 61 points at TEAC Oval, Port Melbourne. Williamstown was leading by 18 points at half time only for Coburg to kick 15 goals to 2 goals in the second half to run away with the contest.

Williamstown 4.1 9.3 9.6 11.10-76
Coburg Tigers 2.5 5.9 12.12 20.17-137

Best Players: B. Johnson, S. Cox, B. Davies, S. Iles, A. Toovey, S. Prestigiacomo

Goal Kickers: B. Reid 2, D. Stanley, P. Rose, S. Iles, A. Cook, B. Davies, L. Picken, A. Williams, B. Johnson, B. Holland

Reserves Wrap

Williamstown's Reserves also suffered defeat on Sunday in their Preliminary Final against Port Melbourne by 54 points. The defeat ends the Reserves quest to make 7 consecutive Grand Finals under the guidance of coach Anthony "Ace" Eames.

Williamstown 3.3 5.5 7.8 8.10-58
Port Melbourne 3.3 7.6 11.6 17.10-112

Best Players: T. Langlands, M. Darvell, M. Boyd, M. Miller, M. Cravino, A. Chiu

Goal Kickers: M. Cravino, N. Brown, N. Lyons, D. Limbach, C. Dawes, S. Wellingham, M. Darvell, B. MacAffer

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 9:00 pm

Dale61 wrote:
Coburg now 9 goals in front after Rhyce Shaw blatantly gave up on a 1-on-1 with Krakouer.

I didn't watch the game, but Rhyce and Licaa travelled to Perth and back which wouldn't have been the best preparation for them.

FWIW, the allignment with Willi has, I think, been good for both clubs. I will continue to have a soft spot for them in the future based purely on the alignment although I never followed them before.

Even though the Collingwood VFL side won't play curtain raisers or play at Vic Park (in the near future) it will be better for the club to have total control of the development of players, even if that is to the detriment of winning flags at VFL level. And it will be good to see them running around in the black and white stripes instead of blue and gold.

Dale61 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 9:01 pm

~Madness~ wrote:

The Werribee Football Club would like to reiterate that is has a further year to go in its alliance with the Western Bulldogs Football Club.The Werribee Football Club has no reason to believe that the contract between the two clubs will not be honoured

My source is someone close to the inner workings of the club, but if you want to believe everything you read on the internet, that's your choice. Wink

Someone else I know, who is close to the Werribee FC, has indicated that the Bulldogs / Werribee split is imminent. The only thing holding it back is the legalities of the whole process.

Hooked
Dale61 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 9:04 pm

stui magpie wrote:
Dale61 wrote:
Coburg now 9 goals in front after Rhyce Shaw blatantly gave up on a 1-on-1 with Krakouer.

I didn't watch the game, but Rhyce and Licaa travelled to Perth and back which wouldn't have been the best preparation for them.

Rhyce and Krakouer were involved in a ground level 1-on-1, which Rhyce would normally have won, but just shrugged his shoulders and let Krakouer run away with the ball and kick a goal.

If you get to see the footage of this, towards the end of the last quarter, you'll see what I mean.

Hooked
~Madness~ Aries

...The Cat...

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 9:27 pm

Dale61 wrote:
~Madness~ wrote:

My source is someone close to the inner workings of the club, but if you want to believe everything you read on the internet, that's your choice. Wink

Someone else I know, who is close to the Werribee FC, has indicated that the Bulldogs / Werribee split is imminent. The only thing holding it back is the legalities of the whole process.

Dale

I wasn't having a go at you over it. I was simply asking because that had been on the Werribee site and SEN had said the same thing, that was all. I thought something else must have come out since.

Dale61 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 9:30 pm

Maddy, check the Wink at the end of the sentence.

I've seen that press release, at it was actually issued on Saturday. The Bullies want out at Chirnside Park, and are endeavouring to do whatever it takes to move in at Burbank Oval.

With that, I don't think many here really care much about what's on the cards now that Collingwood have walked away. Thought this forum would have been removed by now, or at least edited to fall in line with the Collingwood VFL team.

Betcha loving the fact that a Collingwood team looks like playing home games at Carlscum's tribal home!

Hooked
~Madness~ Aries

...The Cat...

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 9:37 pm

I guess a lot of people aligned themselves to willi for the same reason, the collingwood boys.

It will be interesting though, to see whoelse they pick up (both willi and pies) next year. I wonder if Andrew Williams would leave willi and go to pies?

Willi might be best served as a stand alone???

Dale61 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 10:02 pm

In case anyone was still dubious, here's the official word.

http://williamstown.footballvic.com.au/default.aspx?s=newsdisplay&aid=126439

Williamstown and Collingwood alignment ends

Quote:
The Williamstown Football Club in partnership with the Collingwood Football Club would like to announce after seven years in formal alignment they have mutually agreed to terminate their current partnership at the conclusion of the 2007 football season.

In what is widely regarded as one of the most successful AFL/VFL alignments, the decision to terminate was a mutual and amicable outcome after a series of discussions based on the long term plans of both clubs.

The Collingwood Football Club has chosen to establish a standalone VFL team which will further enhance its current player development program.

Williamstown President Trevor Monti said “the alignment over the past seven years, between two of the very traditional Victorian clubs, has been extremely successful and the relationship between the two clubs has always been of a close harmonious and co-operative nature. We are proud of the role that we have played in the successful development of many of the young Collingwood Football Club players. We totally understand and support the decision by Collingwood Football Club to field its own VFL side to ensure it maximizes its development of its young players.”

Collingwood Football Club President Eddie McGuire said “the alignment between Collingwood and Williamstown has proved a successful partnership for both clubs. During that time Williamstown have won a premiership and remain a strong force in the VFL. Collingwood through its partnership has developed arguably the best list of young exciting talent in the AFL who have all come through the Williamstown Football Club.

“After an extensive review of our football program we have decided to establish a standalone VFL team that allows us total control of player development. I would like to personally thank Trevor Monti, Brendan Curry and the Williamstown players for their professionalism and support of the spirit of the alignment and I wish them all the best for the future.”

Williamstown’s aim is not to be a stand alone club in the VFL and will actively pursue another AFL partner immediately and will make a public statement in the near future regarding our status.

Hooked
rand corp 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 12:54 pm

The best thing to come out of this is that I no longer have to keep up the facade of barracking for Williamstown.

Never, ever should we forgive them for pinching Toddy

Ron Todd (Collingwood)
Todd played just 76 games and kicked 327 goals for the Magpies from 1935-39. Initially he was the apprentice to Coventry but it wasn’t long before he proved that he was his equal. Steeped in Magpie traditions, his father was a close friend of Dick Lee and Todd naturally idolized him, wearing his jumper as a child. For Todd to leave The Club would have been an agonising decision however the promise of financial security that wasn’t available at Collingwood was too great a lure for the Railways worker. By the time Collingwood tried to lure him back, with the help of John Wren, Todd had already accepted the Seagulls’ offer. On the back of seasons netting 120 and 121 goals, he was gone at just 22 years of age. A botched attempt by a divided Collingwood administration to get him back in 1944 proved costly as the team finished third in 1945-46 and 1948 with no recognized full forward. What could have been is a depressing thought, for Todd had the capacity to do anything. An amazing 188 goals in 1945 for Williamstown an example of his incredible ability. Still, he went out with a bang, 23 goals in the three finals of 1939 including 11.4 in the Preliminary and six in the Grand Final. In his two full seasons at full forward he averaged six goals a game. It wasn’t just the numbers though, his brilliant high marking and all round skill will forever be a part of football folklore.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Williamstown Factor All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6   

Jump to: