Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Sydney And Willo!

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
eMmA 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2000 3:00 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

people think about it

Willo has one good game in a blue moon!!!!!!its not good enough for a team trying to improve,we need players who are prepared to have a good game every week not just whenever they feel up to it!!!

LATERZ

SAV IS SEXY-->36 UNTIL FOREVER-->ROCCA BROS ROCK MY WORLD!!!!

JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2000 4:08 pm

I think everyone has missed the point...
Draftpicks are only useful if you have the ability and the skill to pick the right players....i dont believe we have that ability.

Lets face facts if another club had a player of Paul Williams ability and we offered them two draft picks they would tell us to get stuffed.....

Collingwood does not know how to negotiate. We have given away one of our best proven players for nothing....

JLC
Luke 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2000 4:51 pm

Iam so dissapointed that i'm starting to laugh can anyone see the logic behind giving Williams away for nothing whi in the right mind will ?????

London Dave Aquarius

Ješte jedna pivo prosím

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2000 9:22 pm

We debated the Willo trade or not a few weeks ago. We got a good deal I think! Excellent call Joffa (There must be something odd in the London Pride thid week if I keep agreeing with you.)

For Magpiera...
Q. Why was Willo our leading tackler??

A. He never had the ball that much!

Seriously, he wasn't consistent enough for us. Great player on his day and good luck in Sydney pal.

Did he serve long enough for life membership???

If you lot are waiting for an overnight turnaround for the club, think again. Ranald MacDonald and his mates tried that in 82 and almost bankrupted us. Result...Matthews and kids in 86/7......and in 1990????

Stick with the kids, MM.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2000 1:08 am

London Dave and Joffa,

you are both correct in what you say.

Paul Williams was one of my favourite players.
Yet at 27 and inconsistent and plenty of shin problems.
I think its a good trade.
Pick 8 gives us two picks in the tope 10 which is fantastic.

Who knows maybe this pick 8 will be given to westcoast or St-kilda in order to get gehrig?
Then we still keep our pick 3 to grab a good key position or great onballer young kid.
Look at essendon giving away Ricky Olarenshaw to collingwood and us giving them 12th pick.
They picked up Ramanauskas (great player).

Get my point!!!!!!!!

There is always some logic to this madness.
Go Micky Malthouse I am right behind you.

maggee_pye 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2000 2:35 am

magpiera, be patient, see how the draft choices are used today for trading, gehrig, daffy perhaps porter or allan, just be patient and wait and see. Have Faith In MM the Messiah
Broadie 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2000 6:03 am

I'm a bit with magpiera on this one: anyone notice the fate of the last player we traded to sydney?

SCHAUBLE JUST WON SYDNEY'S BEST & FAIREST!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This deal will have to show either some amazing "on-trading" of those choices, or this has to be the best draft EVER in the MM opinion.

If not, they we have just leant nothing from our past trading mega-blunders.
Millane42 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2000 6:03 am

Thank You fans!
As I wrote a couple of weeks ago - get rid of Williams and thank god someone in collingwood has finally realised willo's time was up! Yes we got a good deal out of it, he was dead wood and time to inject some new blood whether it be 2 picks or mathews whatever. Willo looks like a footballer but is too bloody inconsistent. And pie girl 41 - he is not a champion, he would not make the 1990 grand final team and good luck to sydney maybe he will do a schauble.
AlfAndrews 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2000 6:30 am

I can't help thinking we've been dudded again. We've given up one of our best for two tickets in the lucky dip.

No doubt our expert recruiting staff (!!??!) will choose wisely ... yeah, right.

One proven star player, who gets canned by his own supporters for only finishing 3rd in the Copeland and only polling the 2nd highest votes for a Collingwood player in the BrownNose, in exchange for two as-yet unknown quantities.

I've got no doubt Williams will be sensational with Sydney. It will be a sad sight watching yet another ex-Pie in the red and white.

Draft pick No.8, whoever you are. You better be damn good. That is, unless we swap you to Richmond for Aaron James or something.

------------------
**floreat pica**

JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2000 9:37 am

Paul Williams is a legend. The reason he was second in tackles is because he is one of the few players who chase and put pressure on the opposition.

He is one of the few players at the club who can actually kick properly with both feet.

I said trading Schauble was a mstake as too was trading Brett James. My prediction is Willo will win the best and Fairest.

At least Willo played most games unlike Olarenshaw and Watson. I cant believe more people arnt bagging Olarenshaw. At least Williams actually got on the field and played.

I cant believe how fickle my fellow Collingwood supporters can be so fickle to a player who gave 10 years service to the club. Everyone said he had a shit year yet he finished third in the Copeland trophy. That means there are about 37 players on our list who had worse years. Maybe people should look elsewhere instead of making Paul Williams the scapegoat for our poor year.

peace out
Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2000 10:03 am

I'm not sure about the Willo deal. We will have to wait and see to see whether this is good or not. And the only reason why Schauble won the best and fairest because no one else played good all season. I'm confident at this stage that we have done the right thing.

[This message has been edited by Joel (edited 09 September 2000).]
CQ 

ambitious that

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2000 12:37 pm

yeah magpiera u're getting pissed off for nothing, you dont know whats going to happen so maybe you should just wait and see what happens with the 'dumb little draft picks'
joffa#2001 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2000 1:49 pm

well this one is dragging on and becomming boring
finished wooden spooners last year well down again this year.

the truth is only about 9 players deserve to be on the list
so what do we do ?

THE CLUB IS GREATER THAN ANY GIVEN INDIVIDUAL

me im supporting collingwood we have all expressed our opinion
on this one it looks to be a fifty fifty.

WILLIAMS IS GONE he is sydneys concern now lets move on and direct our support at the greatest club of all
OUR GREAT COLLINGWOOD

NT - Pie 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2000 12:58 am

Well said. Although trading Williams may turn out to be a good thing, lets hope he deserves a bit of respect from us fans. He has had a good year playing a new style of footy for him. Bag nohopers like Olarenshaw and Watson instead. I cant believe we still have Watson!! Hey and let get Hammil from the blue bastards!!!
NT - Pie 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2000 1:00 am

Sorry for those grammatical errors i just finished an 11 hour shift!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4   

Jump to: