Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

CONGRATULATIONS - PLUS AN IDEA

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Your Cheer Squad

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bruno 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2001 7:33 am
Post subject: CONGRATULATIONS - PLUS AN IDEAReply with quote

I thought the cheersquad did a fantastic job on Saturday night.
The picture on the run-through for A Rocca's 100th game was great. In addition, the chanting et al was the loudest it's been in a while. Great Stuff. Those wooded floors help also!!!! THe cheersquad is getting back to the halcyon days of the mid to late eighties. (The days when rival cheersquads would sit near each other on the top deck of the old southern stand).

Suggestion -
1. I think a great addition to the cheersquad would be to make a hugh sheet / flag which covers a great deal of people like at the Soccer. This sheet should almost cover an entire bay. It could be brought out at 3 Quarter time each week to be used during that break. The fans could jump up and down while holding it and chant. It would be great. It could have the Collingwood Logo on it and have in big letters - WE WON'T LOOSE. I think it could whip the crowd into a frenzy. IT would pump our fans up all around the ground and make opposition fans cower, (and think "I wish our cheersquad have something like that!!!!").

Keep up the good work.

We must nver forget the deeds of Peter Daicos

AlfAndrews 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2001 7:59 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

That is a brilliant idea. Of course it would cost a fair bit to make, but if enough people wanted it, it could be a goer.

I really think more should be made of the 3-quarter time break, but, as I've mentioned elsewhere, there is the problem of that horrendous advertising noise that goes over the P.A. during any break in the play. It has a huge inhibiting effect on crowd noise. There is also the problem, as SS11 pointed out, that half the bloody cheer squad goes out for a cigarette break during the quarter breaks. Bad form, people. And dreadful for your health of course.

Thanks for your positive comments Bruno, and I'll make a point of discussing your suggestion with other cheer squad members and get some sort of consensus. It might even get a mention at the next committee meeting.

**floreat pica**

magpie joffa 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2001 8:06 am

Yes i love the idea fantastic lets do things no one else has done
lets march forward and be innovative and lets never die wondering.Thanks bruno we will certainly discuss it at our next comittee meeting.

There is nothing in life greater, than to be a supporter of our beloved collingwood football club,we must remain united,we must stand tall,we must be prepared to fight for our glorious black and white for we are the ENVY OF ALL NATIONS.'YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE'
http://www.mp3.com/joffa

2 PIES IN CAIRNS Aquarius

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2001 9:29 am

Yeah, great effort guys and gals. Your efforts came across really well on TV. And it was loud!!! Very surprising to hear that we were outnumbered by the poodle supporters 'cause we were a lot noisier - even before that third quarter massacre. The cheer squad also LOOKED really good on the tele. Lots of floggers, streamers, flags, beanies,etc. Really impressive when we were kicking to "your" end and the long shot from down the ground showed the VW Sherrin heading for the big sticks and in the background an entire bay of black and white rising in unison. Brilliant stuff. Keep it up because there must be a lot of magpie followers in and around Melbourne who will see what you are doing for your club, for your players and for your fellow magpie lovers, and some of them are sure to say to themselves and their friends "Shit, our cheersquad is awesome and I want to be a part of the action". When that happens, everybody wins!
PS Welcome to "Nick's Page" Bruno, and what a great idea of yours!

On Friday night, let's show Frawley what he walked away from.

cobood Aquarius

In Bucks I trust!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2001 4:09 pm

Thanks Bruno for your feedback and your idea is great..... The Comittee meets on the 1st Monday of the Month and it shall be brought up I promise you. Watch out in about 6 weeks and see what happens...........

Hey Joffa and Alf what do you guys think maybe we could ask the ppl in the Cheersquad for donations to see Bruno's idea come to fruition...... It would be great wouldn't it?!?

BE LOUD......BE PROUD

magpie joffa 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2001 3:18 am

COBOOD
London davo has come to our help,i will tell you and kerri more on thusrsday at banner making.
Thanks heaps London davo
and i will get back to you very shortly.

There is nothing in life greater, than to be a supporter of our beloved collingwood football club,we must remain united,we must stand tall,we must be prepared to fight for our glorious black and white for we are the ENVY OF ALL NATIONS.'YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE'
http://www.mp3.com/joffa

nickim 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2001 6:00 am

Hi Guys
Firstly a big thank you to everyone in the cheersquad you are all doing such a fantastic job and there has been so much positive feedback around the club, you are all really making a difference.

This idea that has been put forward sounds great, if the appropriate quotes can be found the club may be able to chip in a bit of money towards it. Of course I'm not promising anything but I can make inquiries. I love the idea of us being the first to do it. Great stuff. Bring on the new ideas.
See you all Friday night.
Nicki

Bruno 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2001 11:23 am

Thanks everyone for the positive replies and the welcome. It would be great if this idea could come to fruition.

By the way, the wig's a winner Magpie Joffa. I was sitting behind the goals up the other end for the Freo game and could see it clearly. It's a rippa how it only comes out once the games is or atleast almost won. It's kind of like "righto, the wig's on - time to celebrate!!!!

Me and the mate I go to the footy with haven't sat close to the cheersquad since about 1992 out at Waverley. It was great to be back near to it.

We must nver forget the deeds of Peter Daicos

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Your Cheer Squad All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: