Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Adelaide Radio...mainly 5AA

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> SA Magpies Supporters Group

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hordak Capricorn

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 9:46 am
Post subject: Adelaide Radio...mainly 5AAReply with quote

Do anyone fellow South Australians listen to 5AA?

I have to say I have been a mug and have been listening and I am appalled how much KG (who I don't rate as a Sports Commentator) bags Collingwood. In fact I would go as far to say that every day he bags Collingwood.

I know I don't have to listen and thats what I intend to do now....
SA Magpies 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 11:13 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Hordak,

The only reason to listen to those clowns is for humour value.

It's pathetic that they are roundly considered in this city as sports commentators. They are merely Crows fans with microphones.

eg. I listened to them preview the Pies v Port game earlier in the year. They went through the team and commented how the 'Pies were taking a big risk by playing only one ruckman, Josh Fraser, who would have to ruck the entire game....then they noticed the name "Richards" on the bench but had no idea who he was until they looked up his stats and worked out from his height that he must be a ruckman. Richards has been on our list for years and has played agains the Crows in past seasons. You have to laugh!!! (I wish we hadn't played Richards that day as they touched us up in the wet and he didn't see the ball all day).

I do listen to them so I know what ill-informed comments are likely to be tossed up from Port/Crows parrots. They're usually the same recycled whinges:
- Eddie everywhere (any other club would kill to have our great man),
- Alternative strip (is just a merchndising strategy for AFL anyway),
- 'Pies don't travel (we have a good travelling record but do play the MCG a lot because the AFL and other Clubs put this up as a priority to get big gate $$$),
- ANZAC Day (it is the envy of other clubs today because 'Pies and Sheedy made it what it is).
- etc

Go 'Pies,

Marty
SA Magpies

Website "http://samagpies.magpies.net/".
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> SA Magpies Supporters Group All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: