Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Next weekend @ Burbank 17th june

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Williamstown Factor

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WKB 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 9:26 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Well many say foolish I say diehard. I sat in the outer, in the 1 degree temperatures, horizontal rain for all 4 quarters and 1 1/2 quarters of the reserves.

I've been to plenty of games at Point Gellibrand and sat in the rain plenty of times there but it was certainly the coldest day i've had in my time going to the ground.

A great win and the scoreline is nothing to overlook as it is hard to describe the atrocious conditions that it was played in.

Brown - Easily his best game, think he starting to realise how bloody strong he is, outbodies his opponent, got front position, took some strong marks. Some of his decision making was iffy at times but a good game overall.

Lonie - seems to move alright, weather didn't suit his game but got a few touches and in terms of Collingwood we want to see him getting fit and getting match fit more to the point. But the last two weeks has shown that onfield he doesn't seem to be showing any ill effects from his injury.

Dick - Love to know exactly what happened, was at the other end of the ground and on the other side of the ground to me but judging by the crowd below the main stand it was a cheap bit of filth that hit him behind play.

Cox - Smooth, never seems fazed by anything. Don't remember him getting beaten in a contest bar a couple of iffy free kicks given against him. Done more than enough to be looked at for next weeks game.

Licca - Think someone else summed it up, played like Licca plays. Tough, hard, honest, runs all day, gets a million touches, turns over a percentage of them but that's just Licca.

Iles - Has pretty much not set a foot wrong this season, consistency is not an issue, got plenty of the ball and ran and ran and ran. Always seemed to be in position to assist in a shepard or get to a contest to recieve the ball then use his pace. Loved his game.

Davies - Reasonable game again from Benny. He runs through the lines, and doesn't mind a contest. Delivery let him down at times but in the conditions it happened to everyone.

McAffer - The Caf, I thought his game was great, leads well and second efforts today are what impressed me, a lot of marks went down due to the contest and wet ball, but he fought hard on the ground. Also one thing I like was he made a couple of mistakes and was filthy with himself, not to the point he ignored the next contest but just visibly pissed off at himself, which I think is a good thing.

Ried - Took some good marks considering the conditions. Like last week rotated between the forward line and ruck, which you have to love versatility. A young kid but must have a tank and a half as he didn't seem to get tired. Gets better every game. Do we need him to play this year? Probably not, but if he got the call up i'm now certain he could handle himself.

Wellingham - He is as classy as most people say, flashy but knows when to be flashy and when to play the percentages. Didn't think it was his best game for us but that's saying something about how good he's been at time s. Some of his efforts to drop back with the flight really stood out and skills in the conditions also.

Richards - Again I thought he had another good game. The thing is he's moving around the ground better and getting to contest etc. The two weeks before he was called up, the two senior games and since he's gone back to Williamstown he's really done nothing wrong, in fact has had some solid games of footy.

Nicholls - You could almost see him licking his lips when he came out and saw the conditions. In game with the ball a lot on the deck and a lot of contests he was superb. Not shocked at his tackle count. He has one direction which is straight ahead at the ball and if he doesn't come out with it, he knocks it on or if you get to it first he's bringing you down. Add to that his run and long kicking he was fantastic today.

Cook - Was just fantastic today, from the opening bounce to the closing siren. Brought his own footy it seemed at times. The person who said that he thought that there was two of him wasn't wrong. Put together 4-5 really great games in a row now, with his best being yesterday. Is he the next to debut?

Clarke - BOG for me, I swear this kid is Good. You took someone who didn't know and asked them to pick the player who's only been playing for 18 months or so and nobody would pick him, nobody. Runs hard, doesn't mind the tough stuff, kicks great on both sides of the body, decent mark overhead and keeps getting better at it. My favourite player at the moment.

For the Williamstown boys, Patrick Rose is tough at the footy and knows where the goals are. Anyone who watches Williamstown and doesn't love the way Picken goes about his footy, doesn't love the game. And Williams and Limbach are about as a dangerous as a forward duo in the VFL, both can play tall and small (if that makes sense). For me though Scotty Meyer's game today was one to watch, just made absolutely everything a contest. A few times he seemed to be out of the it but ran his guts out to get there and force a spill or turnover or ball up.

Overall a good win. The report on McKenzie could go either way, the thing that annoyed me was they got a two free kicks against them for doing the same thing to our players but no reports, zero consistency.

The most ludicrous 50m penalty ever given and it happend right in front of me. First Teague for them was diving to get a mark and dived outstretched but missed and the ball went over the line, Coxy was given a free kick against him for chopping the arms despite him at no stage touching Teague. So much so he actually laughed at the umpire, the real hilarity was to come.

A Bullants player ran past, picked the ball up and flicked it back to Teague, it fell short of Teague and the umpire gave 50 against Coxy for not giving the ball back on the full. Never mind that Coxy never touched in the first place and that it was Teagues on teammate who didn't throw it back to him on the full. Brilliant piece of umpiring.
ad4eva Pisces

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 11:10 pm

luvlicca wrote:
So does anyone think that with the shortage of backmen this week that Clarke will have a look in, I mean I would prefer that he wasnt rushed, but it is a question I suppose the coaching staff may ask.

Hes not far off but IMO out of the boys yet to debut i would say Ryan Cook is the next in line. Clarkeys not far off however.

fantastic report WKB, really enjoy it each week.

It sounded like no one had a dirty day, which is always good.

My massive posotives from the game;

Nathan Brown - As said by a few now his best game thus far and he got 18 touches. Its great to hear and see hes begining to make inroads on his career. I would be interested to see how he is going one on one in the defensive 50 especially against a bloke like Kennedy that he played on, someone thats has experience and a bit of talent.

Shannon Cox - Didnt drop his head after his hiccup in Adelaide and will hopefully get the gig for the Sydney game.

Ryan Cook - Cookie and Stanners seemed to be put in the same boat and had a bit of pressure on them to string some good games together.
Stanners got his chance last week and in recent weeks Cookies move to the half back line has become a revelation, picking up another 31 touches yesterday. IMO, next in line for a debut.

Sam Iles - Similar to Cookie. Got his chance early this year, got put back at Williamstown and has gone strength to strength. Well done Sammy.
I would have no sweat about him coming into the Collingwood line up now.

Ben Reid - The commentators were giving him big wraps yesterday and like Browny hes improving each week and getting his hands on the footy more and more. I wouldnt expect any great feats to be met this season but i hope he can just get an uninterupted pre season into him and he will be one to look at.

Martin Clarke - Wouldnt think hes ready for AFL just yet, but the talent to burn!

Heres what Coach Brad Gotch had to say after the match.
http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/Default.aspx?tabid=5586&newsId=45179
jonesy86 Pisces

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 11:14 pm

they show footage of Clarke flicking the ball up to himself with his foot off the ground without breaking stride....in those conditions it was freakish
Dale61 

You can't have manslaughter without laughter.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 12:30 am

WKB wrote:
The report on McKenzie could go either way, the thing that annoyed me was they got a two free kicks against them for doing the same thing to our players but no reports, zero consistency.

Kane was found not guilty.

Hooked
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Williamstown Factor All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4   

Jump to: